Official: REAL 4k, HDR tvs

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
These prices are ridiculous for TV's tho...:bryan:

Not really, just gotta get them at the right time. When I bought my 65" KS8000 it was on sale for $2K, same price at a 6300 series 70", but a much better set. Within 2 weeks the priced dropped $250, called Best Buy they credited me that right back to my card. Then Samsung ran their Black Friday sale, prices dropped for almost 2 weeks.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
from everything i've read on reviews and this thread, the samsung ks8000/8500 are the best mid priced on the market

after that, you getting up into 2500 plus range... they also have the lowest input lag and HDR on gaming mode

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8500

Does size matter in this case? :dame:

BestBuy has the K8000 60 inch running at the same size of the 55 inch vizio. I keep hearing you need a big set to see the HDR but I don't know :sadcam:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Finally got my Epson pseudo 4K projector and Xbox One S going. Looks awesome. HDR is ok, not sure if Xbox One S supports HDR with my projector.

While it does look shaper, not sure if the 5K upgrade costs was worth the incremental image upgrade. Oh well, its fly anyways...:yeshrug:

Why did you cop 5k when the market hasn't even took advantage of 1080p fully. Are you a designer ? :dwillhuh:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I got the Sony X850D. Didn't even realize there was a REAL 4K and some other fake shyt. I just got a good deal around Black Friday last year and rolled with it. Glad to see my instincts turned out to be right. :obama:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
I went to best buy and all of those black friday samsungs are pilled up in the return area :mjlol:

I keep hearing you need a big set to see the HDR but I don't know :sadcam:

Size matters for the resolution. They say you need atleast a 50" to see a difference because the optimal viewing distance is about 6'.
optimal-viewing-distance-television-graph-size.png

For HDR you want to Make sure Black levels, Brightness, and Color Gamut is good.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I went to best buy and all of those black friday samsungs are pilled up in the return area :mjlol:

Size matters for the resolution. They say you need atleast a 50" to see a difference because the optimal viewing distance is about 6'.
optimal-viewing-distance-television-graph-size.png

For HDR you want to Make sure Black levels, Brightness, and Color Gamut is good.
Looky here bruh.. That good ol' chart is BULLshyt :stopitslime:
You said "They say" well who is this they?
While I wait on that, I'm gonna point out how the chart itself, if you actually look at the various distances it claims are "optimal" and you'll see tons of frogshyt. An SD televison for instance, according to this chart, it says the best way to watch is by having a 27in and then sitting 19ft away from that muthafukka :laff: If you get a 100in 4K set, they reccomend you sit about 8ft from it :wtf: This is optimal apparently.

Don't worry about your eyesight brehs :francis: