Official: REAL 4k, HDR tvs

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Don't you have the xbone one s ????

What would be the difference in how it plays blu rays .. I'm asking for real cause I don't know does that Philip box improve PQ?

I own 2 HDR sets so I want the best I can get
Yes, i have the Xbox One S. Its a fantastic Xbox UHD player as well. The pioneer just supports more audio codecs and works better with my epson projector. Plus it has high fidelity circutry. Just an overall better unit. I expect this to outlast my Xbox One S, as i'll likley replace that joint with the Scorpio next year.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I got the KS8000 too, it's basically the hottest tv that people can actually afford right now, and the Revenant was the first movie that really had me like :whoo:
The lush green when that bear was fukking him up :ahh:
The fire when they were camping :ahh:
The contrast between the snow and the black levels :ahh:

Which soundbar you got, I don't have one. Best Buy had a samsung one on sale for $150 on black friday but my wife talked me out of it cause i didn't do my research beforehand (went there to get 2k17)

That whole movie was fukkin beautiful, everyone of those scenes had me like :whoo::ohlawd:.

No soundbar, had a Samsung one in the bedroom, replaced it with a 7.1 Onkyo receiver. Living room has an 11.2 channel Onkyo Atmos network receiver, 4 ceiling speakers, 7 mains, and 1 sub. When I did have the soundbar it was nice, wireless sub, usb input, HDMI in/out, and bluetooth.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have 2 Samsung KS8000's, a 65" and 49", paired with two 4K UHD blu-ray players, quality is just :whoo::ohlawd:. Watching The Revenant 4K yesterday, :noah:. I hope you brehs buying these large tv's have atleast a soundbar/sub setup or avr.
I have the Sony HTST9 in the living room and the Sony HTST7 in the bedroom. I got the HTST9 on eBay for like $800 back when it was new and cost $1500. I got the HTST7 for $500 open box at Best Buy. Both of them were a lot off the retail prices at the time but they're way overpriced.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I have the Sony HTST9 in the living room and the Sony HTST7 in the bedroom. I got the HTST9 on eBay for like $800 back when it was new and cost $1500. I got the HTST7 for $500 open box at Best Buy. Both of them were a lot off the retail prices at the time but they're way overpriced.

You came up on some serious deals. How do you like the soundbars? I got deal on the 11.2 ch Onkyo Atmos receiver, it retailed for $2,400 I found an authorized dealer in NY that had one brand new in the box, full warranty, they sold it to me for $1,500. It doesn't pass through HDR, and doesn't support DTS:X, other than that it's rock solid.

Onkyo USA Corporation

Last edited:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ju6500

I have this one and it is amazing.

I bought it May of this year, got it for less than half off of retail. Had to get at that price.

50 inches is perfect to me.

Since it is a smart tv. I am looking for 4k content.

Does netflix have nature shows in 4K? :lupe:

ETA: yeah brehs don't buy a tv cause it is on sale, make sure it is really 4K.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Which one is better:
Samsung KS8000 55inch or Vizio P series 55 inch?

I really like that tablet on the Vizio :whoo:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Finally copped the Samsung ks8000 65 inch :wow:

I was kinda skeptical when i first used it cause the image quality for my cable receiver didn't wow me. Loaded up Netflix and got the ultra he upgrade message :damn: shyt looks amazing!

Gonna hook up the XB1S later :shaq:

:salute: I have the same set and size, I swear I didn't wanna leave the house for a few days after I got it. Had me rewatching my whole movie collection again.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ju6500

I have this one and it is amazing.

I bought it May of this year, got it for less than half off of retail. Had to get at that price.

50 inches is perfect to me.

Since it is a smart tv. I am looking for 4k content.

Does netflix have nature shows in 4K? :lupe:

ETA: yeah brehs don't buy a tv cause it is on sale, make sure it is really 4K.

My dude thats exactly what you did:russ:
That shyt is a entry level 4K, doesn't even have HDR

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
*subs*

Looking to upgrade soon. 55" with low input lag. I'll probably wait till super bowl season to cop tho.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Which one is better:
Samsung KS8000 55inch or Vizio P series 55 inch?

I really like that tablet on the Vizio :whoo:

*subs*

Looking to upgrade soon. 55" with low input lag. I'll probably wait till super bowl season to cop tho.
from everything i've read on reviews and this thread, the samsung ks8000/8500 are the best mid priced on the market

after that, you getting up into 2500 plus range... they also have the lowest input lag and HDR on gaming mode

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8500