Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I was just practicing my yarn braids. I did pretty well...was able to grip my short hair with no issue and the braids were tight. The only effed up thing was that all I had on hand was multi-colored yarn. :heh: I'm going to try this weekend oooorrr more realistically around 4th of July when I have a long weekend.

What are yarn braids? I did an image search but I'm not understanding the process...plus one girl had the wrap around thing going that makes them look like dreads...is that what they are? If so, that's something I've wanted to try for years

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
@Rawtid :krs: I had a set of yarn braids (made my sis do them) and they were soooooo cute. The buns I could make with those>>>>>>> life. The only downside is that they take FOREVER to take down plus they were kind of heavy (prolly cause they were past waist length) . That's why I haven't got another set of them yet. Still preparing myself for the demonic takedown process :wow:

What are yarn braids? I did an image search but I'm not understanding the process...plus one girl had the wrap around thing going that makes them look like dreads...is that what they are? If so, that's something I've wanted to try for years

They're literally just individual braids that you do with knitting yarn. You install them the same way you would install regular hair (take 2 pieces, attach and braid down). People use them as a way to get the locked look without actually locking.

If you guys are patient with your hair, you should try them out. They are adorable and Youtube has tons of different styling tutorials for them.

Sidenote: I basically lived in this messy bun :noah: damn....I'm missing them now.
yarn_braids.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I am officially :flabbynsick: age wise. Being around loud teenagers really works my nerves. My bf and I don't even want to go to the movies too late anymore.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Can't you just go to the braid shop? If I didn't have my daughter, I'd definitely hit up a shop but finding a sitter is more hassle than it's worth...oh and then there's the money. I saw one ad on craigslist talking $90+ for yarn braids. A pack of yarn is less than $3. fukk type labor cost you trying to run me for?

I've gotten better at braiding because I get practice on my daughters hair. Individuals I'm cool with but I couldn't cornrow my own ish. Even on my daughter's hair her braids are neat but her parts are usually crooked :skip: (wtf does this smiley mean?)
There are no braid shops close to wear I live, plus I'm trying to keep all my edges, and every African braider I know braids tight as hell.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
I tried watching the first episode of the Kardashian show and had to stop 5 minutes in. I have my ratchet preferences but I really can't tolerate their voices, or their jokes, or the fact that there's been 8 seasons of the shyt. Those people live in a world I can't wrap my head around.

LimitedEdition

Misanthropy Personified
Daps
Reppin
In the south!
[MENTION=4433]
Sidenote: I basically lived in this messy bun :noah: damn....I'm missing them now.
yarn_braids.jpg

Is that you? Pardon my French but bytch you fine.
Sushi for dinner with extra ginger and soy sauce :noah:
I used to be scared to try the ginger. It was pink and looked "raw." I know, so ignorant. But I live for the ginger now!
I am officially :flabbynsick: age wise. Being around loud teenagers really works my nerves. My bf and I don't even want to go to the movies too late anymore.
I feel like under my skin Im Mr. Wilson and everyone else is Dennis the Menace. Matinee movies are :noah: in my book

Soooooo I went to work tonight and I was taken off the schedule. Suspect as hell. But its ok. I already sent out my resume to two temp agencies and tomorrow I have 2 more agencies and 2 applications I want to put in. :win: Wont catch me slipping.

AND Im feeling much better! Thanks for the well wishes ladies.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yeah like @Token said but I'm using 3 pieces of yarn since my hair is so short. You can braid them or wrap them around...actually I think you braid first and then wrap but I'm not sure because I'm just doing braids. Way neater than fooling with hair.

You should try it. If you can braid you can do it yourself but it will take a shytload of time. If you know someone that braids (non African) that would be even better.
--------------------------------------------------

-My hair looks like baby sheep were birthed on my head. The growing out your hair woes.

Last edited by a moderator: