Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"I don't understand what you want from me. So I'm going to need your help in determining how to get the output that you desire."

I'm no longer going to fight with people or try to figure out what they want so this is going to be my go to answer for when I don't understand something. I just wrote something similar to my boss because I'm tired of going back n forth with her trying to understand how she operates. Tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it...I just want to go home at 4pm and your cooperation will make this day easier.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got Andre's book back in the 90s. That book changed my life.

Do you mind detailing some of the change that came about after you read his book? I would tell a partial lie and say I'll check it out but I know that even in the book is in my possesion, I'll never have time to read it.

Libra Lady

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On the Edge of Glory
Happy Monday, Ladies!

tumblr_ltjbqase8R1qbr9kmo1_500.jpg

flhn4gjpg.gif

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Do you mind detailing some of the change that came about after you read his book? I would tell a partial lie and say I'll check it out but I know that even in the book is in my possesion, I'll never have time to read it.

It was the first time I read literature on hair typing (I'm a 3a) and saw pics that glorified all sorts of textures instead of addressing how to "tame" them, alternatives to chemical processes, moisturizing processes for damaged hair (mind was at times both relaxed and colored). He discussed silicones and sulfates, and weirdly pushed for Nexxus Humectress conditioner for damaged hair. I was a teenager then, and the book felt so revolutionary compared to other hair care books out at that time. The humectress did save my hair as did his approach to washing the different types. I bought Sam Fine's makeup book shortly after too.

It is probably outdated now, but many of the current naturally curly resources online (for both Black and non-Black women) use similar hair typing and approach, although online forums have helped sophisticate the process more.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was the first time I read literature on hair typing (I'm a 3a) and saw pics that glorified all sorts of textures instead of addressing how to "tame" them, alternatives to chemical processes, moisturizing processes for damaged hair (mind was at times both relaxed and colored). He discussed silicones and sulfates, and weirdly pushed for Nexxus Humectress conditioner for damaged hair. I was a teenager then, and the book felt so revolutionary compared to other hair care books out at that time. The humectress did save my hair as did his approach to washing the different types. I bought Sam Fine's makeup book shortly after too.

It is probably outdated now, but many of the current naturally curly resources online (for both Black and non-Black women) use similar hair typing and approach, although online forums have helped sophisticate the process more.

Thanks! It sounds interesting I may really have to check it out. If it's a decent price, I'll buy it and just add it to my collection and try to read it sooner than later. Thank you again.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I have an issue..

This girl i'm cool with stated that she needs to start working out again because she's getting out of shape.I agreed with her,but when I did I could tell I fukked up because it looked like her soul evaporated from her body.The other nikka that was with us told her she's beautiful the way she is and other BS.About 30 minutes later she sent me a trill ass text calling me ratchet and other shyt presumably because of me agreeing with her.

....I don't know what I did wrong here.Was I supposed to gas her up like the other dude did?I would've made a thread about it but i'm not tryin got start another gender war/" bytches be confused" thread.School a nikka.