Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
Have you ladies tried the press on nail polish strips?

Been seeing the commercials on tv and in clothing stores...I want to give it a try.

b224560972.jpg

sally-hansen-salon-effects-real-nail-polish-strips.jpg

This is super girly to me. I'd probably glue my fingers together :guilty:

Eventually I'll have to learn for the sake of my unborn daughter :o:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
That's why we need to make a day out of it, we can even do some Kona Grill reverse Happy Hour, cheap drinks and cheap appetizers!

I always got my eyebrows done off of Hillcroft, either by the Egyptians that worked in the salon I went to or by the Pakistanis down the street. Now I have to find a new place because I'm not close to there anymore.

And I keep telling myself I'm going to make a special trip to go see her but she's soooooo far away. Wish I would have known about her before I moved.
one of my first jobs ever when i first graduated beauty school was at a threading salon on hilcoft and harwin called "Apsara"...my homegirl (persian) got me the job and i only worked their for a few months. but yeah i got the threading hookups thickums. lol :D

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
:noah: at kona grill!!!! She is far (well for me) I'm on the north near humble. I never asked but does she work with relaxed hair? I wanna chop my hair off so bad but i haven't found the guts to it.
absolutely i do. i use Mizani (prefer it over Affirm.) i do EVERYTHING except braids.
also i'm about to move salon locations to right off 59 and Williams Trace (downsizing) ...maybe for my grand re-opening we can do a sohh ladies "hair day" type deal...and go do lunch\dinner after?

ANewClassic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston
one of my first jobs ever when i first graduated beauty school was at a threading salon on hilcoft and harwin called "Apsara"...my homegirl (persian) got me the job and i only worked their for a few months. but yeah i got the threading hookups thickums. lol :D

Apsara is still there, my friend gets her's done there. Then we'd go to the salon right down the street, hit Jerusalem Meats and the Mediterranean bakery. I kinda miss that side of town, I always met new and interesting people. Plus Taco Tote was soooo close.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Apsara is still there, my friend gets her's done there. Then we'd go to the salon right down the street, hit Jerusalem Meats and the Mediterranean bakery. I kinda miss that side of town, I always met new and interesting people. Plus Taco Tote was soooo close.

ooooooh snap! i went to Jerusalems yesterday and got the Chicken & Kafta kebob plate. it's crazy but for a "grocery store" that lil deli in the back has some of the best arabic food in the H. :noah:
past by Abdullah's i didn't have time to go inside. i went to school right over there off harwin... so Darband...Bijan..Jerusalems etc were all the SPOTS for lunch ...lol

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Anyone know the best brand of virgin hair?

i refer my clients to 100% Human Hair - Adorable Hair Corp
they sell by the pound but the hair is very durable...can be use 2-3 times depending on how you care for it.
i've tried some of the newer "indian remy" brands that have popped up over the years but always end up going back to Adorable. best hair on the market IMO.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps

oh yeah i wonder if your friend sees my old boss Sangeta? that's a bad broad with the thread :wow:

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
Have you ladies tried the press on nail polish strips?

Been seeing the commercials on tv and in clothing stores...I want to give it a try.

b224560972.jpg

sally-hansen-salon-effects-real-nail-polish-strips.jpg

I wanted to try them but I saw some not so good reviews on YouTube and thought said I probably wasn't gonna pay $10 for that ish. :upsetfavre: But I think I still might.

Co-washing when the weather is warm is soo refreshing :ahh:

I co-washed twice. The first time my scalp was on fyah with the itchies and the 2nd time my hair felt weird.

I don't think I did it right. :sad: I really wanna like it because I sometimes want the look of washed hair and the smell and feel of freshly conditioned hair but I don't wanna spend 3 plus hours doing it.

You got any tips to share?