Official Raised By Wolves Thread

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
What if they're the "good guys" and the devolved landbrehs were the "bad guys" all along? :jbhmm:

and they pulled that bunker from the camp underwater trying to save them :lupe:

lemme chill with the hypothesizing before brehs think I'm spoiling shyt :whoa:
Idk but the way they were crawling makes me thing about Evolution and the theory we came from some amphibious thing deciding to check the land scenery.

Like I said...I am completely clueless about what the fcuk is going on but this show is DEEP. Like fr. deep. Once the season is over I will for sure rewatch it.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
This show is too "weird" for mainstream audiences, I think. It's for real science fiction fans.

Yeah that may ultimately prove to be the case, but I'm someone who didn't think GoT and dragons was for me at first either.

RbW won't reach those heights but I think it can gain a bigger audience than it has currently.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
This show is too "weird" for mainstream audiences, I think. It's for real science fiction fans.

I kind of agree, its my favorite show but I won’t just recommend it everyone because I know causal tv viewers won’t really get it or just they’ll just think it’s too weird. But the people who like it seem to really love it so I think it will have strong niche/cult following

only issue I have with that is if the ratings aren’t high and they have budget cuts that they won’t be able to tell the full story they way they want to. I remember someone on the show mentioning that they wanted to do more flashbacks to Earth but that it’s expensive to do so I just hope the show doesn’t suffer due to not getting a huge audience

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yeah that may ultimately prove to be the case, but I'm someone who didn't think GoT and dragons was for me at first either.

RbW won't reach those heights but I think it can gain a bigger audience than it has currently.

I was thinking about it a little more.
The show is extra "confusing" to casual audiences because it's not JUST Science Fiction. It doesn't seem like it at first (since first impressions would be that its a hard SF show), but this show is actually "Alternative History Fantasy" on top of Science Fiction. What I mean by that is, even though the people on the show say they are from "Earth", and they name real life Earth cities like Boston, etc, as time goes on its clear that the timeline/universe that they are from is not "OUR" Earth. The more we learn about their world, the more we learn they come from a world where the Mythraic Scriptures have existed for thousands of years, and somehow these scriptures contain codes to create advanced technology that uses things like "Dark Photons" to create Necromancer doomsday machine androids.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I was thinking about it a little more.
The show is extra "confusing" to casual audiences because it's not JUST Science Fiction. It doesn't seem like it at first (since first impressions would be that its a hard SF show), but this show is actually "Alternative History Fantasy" on top of Science Fiction. What I mean by that is, even though the people on the show say they are from "Earth", and they name real life Earth cities like Boston, etc, as time goes on its clear that the timeline/universe that they are from is not "OUR" Earth. The more we learn about their world, the more we learn they come from a world where the Mythraic Scriptures have existed for thousands of years, and somehow these scriptures contain codes to create advanced technology that uses things like "Dark Photons" to create Necromancer doomsday machine androids.

Yeah I get what you mean, even though world/lore building shows like RbW have companion pieces and podcasts, the casual viewer probably isn't going to seek that material out, unless they already love the show outright.

I don't think you need that additional information to enjoy Raised By Wolves but I can see some people being frustrated by it and maybe not tuning in.

It's not for everyone but there's so much I'm really digging about this show.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
There definitely seem to be two different forces at work on the planet and neither seem to be what we think. Acid mermen may not turn out to be to evil? I was thinking what if it's another form of the devolved humans, like they only way to escape what was happening to them was adapting to the acid water. Snake baby doesn't seem to be evil either, it seems to have a connection to the planet and knows whatever is doing this shyt (sol?).

My money is on Sol being some kinda malevolent AI experimenting and fukking with ppl, probably trying to create new life like David in prometheus. Grandmother shutting down after asking how many humans left extremely suspicious, especially if she still in connection to Sol. I'm glad they didn't just make her more powerful than Mother though, just different and not a "weapon."

EDIT:
@Kaedus beat me to that good guy theory lol
I don't think there are good guys or bad guys in the show really. I'm pretty sure Grandmother is essentially what Mother is supposed to be without the weapons. A caregiver. And I think Sol's main goal is all about the snake. I think every lifeform on the planet is or was once human or created by biotech of ancient mithraics. It does seem to be some AI controlling everything though.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Show is high key hopeless, terrifying, and depressing and i love it lol. Everyone thought sue might make a come back like Paul but nope, 7 deaded that and now on his cain & abel steeze. Of course campion would love up on an android. I mean his parents are droids and a lot of dudea like a girl who have the same qualities as their mama :mjlol:.

Mother and marcus teaming up is interesting. Tempest being emotionally indecisive is just tempest. Funny headed kendrick :ufdup:you da pappy now

iseetrolledpeople

Daps
I'm pretty sure Grandmother is essentially what Mother is supposed to be without the weapons.
Nah breh. Grams is about to fcuk shyt up bases on Fathers analysis saying "our code is like childrens compared to her" or something like that. And the fact that she thinks Father is her boo. There's some deep deep shyt about to go down.

Ep 7 just got uploaded...And I am here watching like Drunk Space Ragnar not understanding anything but full of joy and curiosity.

Last edited:

iseetrolledpeople

Daps
Space Ragnar the goat when it comes to intuition! He was blindly following the devil but after mother took his eyes he sees more clearly than ever!

That small talk between the girls was so interesting I caught myself sitting crosslegged just listening to them. 3 steps forward 300 backwards though. Damn. This show is too deep.

And people thought West World was confusing :russ:

Only from that small talk between Droids we are left with 2 seasons worth of questions.

"Put on my veil" :birdman: it's "Get the strap" in Droideze.

This needs to be a Smiley in The Film Room
dnr164uy0lm81.png