Official Raised By Wolves Thread

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
As far as finales go, this did not disappoint. We got some answers and quite a few surprises. Amanda Collin deserves an award for this role and shout out to Father who became my favorite character. The Marcus angle got a lil weird, but it looks like Paul maybe headed down the same path. I think the main unanswered question is where is the voice coming from. I really enjoyed this show and looking forward to next season. I hope they can keep up the momentum

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
More thoughts after a few hours:
I'm not caught up on the latest Lovecraft Country, but thinking about Raised By Wolves I'm thinking that the planet itself can be described as some kind of "Lovecraftian" deity.

Its a giant space super-being that views human lifeforms as insignificant, yet it has the ability to use mind control and drive people mad and gather up followers in search of power. But then it uses its followers to mate with in some unnatural way in order to create evil demonic offspring that drinks blood and destroys civilizations :ohhh::damn:.

Cthulhu Mythos deities - Wikipedia
I also don't think Mother's child and those snakes are quite the same thing. Looking at the remains of the giant snakes and whatever she gave birth too - the jaws are very different.

Its kinda funny for me too seeing where they've taken ideas from as well. This last episode had things from drawn from Event Horizon and even Ushio to Tora. The child is basically Hakumen no Mono:
5nwTFLK.png
. And I think someone else in here said that the show went off the deep end but basically nailed it and wants to see how deep it will go... I'm right there with it.

Those devolved humans looked so much like the Engineers from Prometheus I had to stand up :mjlol:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
The show is a good example of being weird as fukk but still grounded in a way. They work up to the weird shyt, they don't just throw you into the deep end. We knew mother wasn't about to give birth to a baby baby, we knew Marcus was gonna go full Ragnar Lothbrok and we knew Paul was with the shyts (:demonic:) but they slowly lead us there.

Side note, I loved those last shots of Campion. Dude realizing he's gonna have to channel some of that Paul energy and get on his leader shyt lol.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This episode was :mindblown:

I was expecting Mother to give birth to some a$$hole fast growing android/human hybrid baby but I damn sure wasn't expecting her to spit out (literally) a flying snake monster.

And the size that thing was at the end just from Mother's "milk" makes me think that when it starts getting hungry again and switches the diet to blood that all the humans and creatures on the planet are going to be fukked.

I have no idea whats going on with Marcus and all the crazy veins on his face.

And that thing that Mother killed...was it an evolved creature or a devolved human? And if Father's theory is right does that mean every human on the planet is going to become one of those creatures?

And what's up with the Ghost Children that were trying to get Campion to kill himself?

Paul is an a$$hole. You don't shoot the only person on the whole damned planet with any medical skills regardless of what the voices in your head say to you.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I also don't think Mother's child and those snakes are quite the same thing. Looking at the remains of the giant snakes and whatever she gave birth too - the jaws are very different.

Those devolved humans looked so much like the Engineers from Prometheus I had to stand up :mjlol:

It turns out that this show is much more similar to the Alien universe than it appeared at first.
In the Alien universe, there's the idea that the Xenomorphs take on some of the characteristics of the "Host" that they burst out of. So the new Serpent creature is a little different from the old ones because it is spawned from a Necromancer Android. But look how fast it's growing. It's clearly heading towards Godzilla size.

And that thing that Mother killed...was it an evolved creature or a devolved human? And if Father's theory is right does that mean every human on the planet is going to become one of those creatures?
The humans on the planet are FOOD :damn::damn:.

The Planet Kepler (in the form of "Campion") told Mother that the old kids were just practice, the REAL mission was to take care of the new child. That means that what I'm calling the "Lovecraftian Deity" on the planet sees everything else on the planet as expendable compared to its new serpent child.
If The Planet ONLY cares about its own offspring, its trying to manipulate the minds of all the susceptible humans on the planet in order to make them less of a threat to its goal. Ragnar had to protect Mother while she was bearing the child, now he needs to protect the child. Everyone else needs to get "domesticated" into livestock to feed the serpent.

I'm not an expert on the Cthulhu Mythos, but from scanning through Wikipedia it looks like Planet Kepler is most similar to this one:
Cthulhu Mythos deities - Wikipedia

Lu-Kthu[edit]
Lu-Kthu (Birth-womb of the Great Old Ones or Lew-Kthew) is a titanic, planet-sized mass of entrails and internal organs. On closer examination it appears a wet, warty globe, covered with countless ovoid pustules and spider-webbed with a network of long, narrow tunnels. Each pustule bears the larva of a Great Old One.

Daps
The ending with everyone looking to Campion as a leader was fukking hilarious. When tf has he shown himself as leadership material?

We watched his punk ass go thru several annoying phases; vegan phase, douche phase, rebelling against parent phase, and an insecure phase. Each one worst than the other, I've not seen any character development that shows he's a fukking leader. His character is an annoying c*nt. I hope he's recasted next season.

Other than that this series was fan-freaking-tastic. The actors that play Mother and Father are amazing and I can't get enough of them. The Finale has left me with so many questions and can't wait for season two.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Is this good or nah. Looks a lil too sci fi for me
Its hard sci-fi. 2001 space odyssey, dune, bicentennial man type stuff
The ending with everyone looking to Campion as a leader was fukking hilarious. When tf has he shown himself as leadership material?

We watched his punk ass go thru several annoying phases; vegan phase, douche phase, rebelling against parent phase, and an insecure phase. Each one worst than the other, I've not seen any character development that shows he's a fukking leader. His character is an annoying c*nt. I hope he's recasted next season.

Other than that this series was fan-freaking-tastic. The actors that play Mother and Father are amazing and I can't get enough of them. The Finale has left me with so many questions and can't wait for season two.
Campion didn't deserve that, but the rest of that group deserved it less - especially after Paul heard Sol telling him to pick up the glock :wow:

Campion is a good kid. He ain't perfect but he's right more than he's wrong. With everything else going on, his teaching points and growth have been VASTLY overshadowed by the rest of the cast though.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its hard sci-fi. 2001 space odyssey, dune, bicentennial man type stuff

Campion didn't deserve that, but the rest of that group deserved it less - especially after Paul heard Sol telling him to pick up the glock :wow:

Campion is a good kid. He ain't perfect but he's right more than he's wrong. With everything else going on, his teaching points and growth have been VASTLY overshadowed by the rest of the cast though.
Is it good tho. How many mics