Official Raised By Wolves Thread

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Interview with the showrunner on /film

He's saying the right things. Basically no matter how big or epic in scale the show gets he still wants the core of it to be about the family (mother, father and campion).

[Laughs] With a world this big, where do you begin cracking the story?
I think for this show, it’s very much the family and these two androids, and that’s really the core of what’s eventually going to grow to become this atheistic colony. We are dealing with all of these big elements, populating an entire planet, restarting human civilization, but we start from the point of view of one child, one human kid, one boy on this planet as his last human sibling is dying off, and he’s being left alone with two beings that he’s well aware of the fact that they’re not humans like him. He may be the last. It’s just starting from that perspective, that kind of empty, “What now?” But throughout it all, we’re going to see it through the lens of this family. As the board gets filled up over time, I want to maintain that perspective, the intimacy that we created.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Loved the show until the season finale :francis:

They really fukked up the last episode. Now one bad episode doesn't make the whole show bad (even if it's the season finale) but this gives me a bad feeling for the show going forward.

Does anyone have any info if series creators already have the show mapped out or if they'll just be making shyt up as they go along. Because I have a feeling it's the latter :francis:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Loved the show until the season finale :francis:

They really fukked up the last episode. Now one bad episode doesn't make the whole show bad (even if it's the season finale) but this gives me a bad feeling for the show going forward.

Does anyone have any info if series creators already have the show mapped out or if they'll just be making shyt up as they go along. Because I have a feeling it's the latter :francis:

https://decider.com/2020/09/03/raised-by-wolves-creator-lore-five-seasons-planned/

"He also shared that he not only has a firm grip on the story, but that the Raised by Wolves he’s envisioned in his head for years wasn’t tinkered with all that much when superstar director Ridley Scott came aboard. "

“I’ve been thinking about it for many, many years. Aspects of it, anyways, for many years. The lore is very worked out."

“Should we be given the opportunity, there’s, I think, about five seasons. In a sketch. In a sense that I know what the chapters are and essentially where it ends up,” he told Decider. “I know what the underlying mysteries are, it’s not a mystery to me.”

I actually think they hinted at a lot pretty early on. We saw that father found a shedded snake skin in one of the first episodes, so it was obvious that the giant snakes were going to make an appearance somehow. Campion's voiceover at the beginning of the pilot hints that decades later he would become the leader, and in the finale we see that starting to happen. We could also see that Mother was SO Atheist, that her Atheism itself was like a fanatical religion.

The only thing that I thought came TOTALLY out of nowhere was that an Atheist Ark showed up. Up until that point all indications were that they didn't have access to anything like that. I'm guessing that we find out that a group of Atheists were able to hijack an Mythraic Ark just before the very end of the Earth.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
So.....

Who had giant magic space snake on their bingo card for this show? :leon:
Giant Snake? Yes.
Giant FLYING Snake? .....:dahell:

EDIT: That's the other thing that REALLY came out of nowhere to me. Up until the end this seemed to be a relatively "hard Sci Fi" show. But how do you explain a flying snake without just saying "It's Magic!"

Edit 2: But I guess they DID kind of hint at magic already, when the metal helmet rapist guy reversed the blood flow from Mother and it gave him SUPERPOWERS.

Last edited:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Giant Snake? Yes.
Giant FLYING Snake? .....:dahell:

EDIT: That's the other thing that REALLY came out of nowhere to me. Up until the end this seemed to be a relatively "hard Sci Fi" show. But how do you explain a flying snake without just saying "It's Magic!"

Edit 2: But I guess they DID kind of hint at magic already, when the metal helmet rapist guy reversed the blood flow from Mother and it gave him SUPERPOWERS.
They were playing with magic the entire time they were using Sol as a red herring.