Official Raised By Wolves Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Idk why I thought there wasn't gonna be an episode tomorrow. We might actually get answers in this season

:blessed:

Apparently...not really :wtf:.

I'm not even sure what genre of show this is anymore. Do the flying snakes make it a Science Fantasy?

Before watching the finale, I went back and watched part of the pilot. There's a voiceover when Campion (sounding like he's telling this story decades in the future) says something like:

"I know now that this planet is not like Mother and Father. It doesn't care if we're happy or if we live or die. We don't mean anything to it at all."

I'm thinking that when he says "This Planet" he's talking about the same "entity" that the Mythraic characters are calling "Sol" and that Mother thinks is her creator Campion.
"Sol" is just using the characters (human and android) to reproduce Serpents.

There's some kind of weird "Reverse Garden of Eden" thing going on, but there are so many moving parts I can't quite figure out what it all means.
The best I can hope for is that there's no time travel :francis:.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Apparently...not really :wtf:.

I'm not even sure what genre of show this is anymore. Do the flying snakes make it a Science Fantasy?

Before watching the finale, I went back and watched part of the pilot. There's a voiceover when Campion (sounding like he's telling this story decades in the future) says something like:

"I know now that this planet is not like Mother and Father. It doesn't care if we're happy or if we live or die. We don't mean anything to it at all."

I'm thinking that when he says "This Planet" he's talking about the same "entity" that the Mythraic characters are calling "Sol" and that Mother thinks is her creator Campion.

There's some kind of weird "Reverse Garden of Eden" thing going on, but there are so many moving parts I can't quite figure out what it all means.
The best I can hope for is that there's no time travel :francis:.

would def bush this show if time travel was involved.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

More thoughts after a few hours:
I'm not caught up on the latest Lovecraft Country, but thinking about Raised By Wolves I'm thinking that the planet itself can be described as some kind of "Lovecraftian" deity.

Its a giant space super-being that views human lifeforms as insignificant, yet it has the ability to use mind control and drive people mad and gather up followers in search of power. But then it uses its followers to mate with in some unnatural way in order to create evil demonic offspring that drinks blood and destroys civilizations :ohhh::damn:.

Cthulhu Mythos deities - Wikipedia
An ongoing theme in Lovecraft's work is the complete irrelevance of mankind in the face of the cosmic horrors that exist in the universe, with Lovecraft constantly referring to the "Great Old Ones": a loose pantheon of ancient, powerful deities from space who once ruled the Earth and who have since fallen into a deathlike sleep.[3]

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Yeah still so much we don't know I'm not sure what to theorize lol. The devolution thing is weird but right now I'm guessing it has something to do with that flashback we saw of ppl trapping the serpent? I'm guessing thats the last thing the last few "smart" ones did before they died/devolved. Also maybe it's not entirely in control of the planet, like that tropical zone might be the last bastion of intelligent life with no radiation. Probably why it's seeking to be born or reborn, to finish the job?

Father though, dude always comes through when it counts even through all of Mother's fukkery. Dad of the year. Mother better shape up and treat him better season 2 or she gonna lose a good android fr.

:mjcry:

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
The title makes sense now. The deity or deities if you will are raising humanity as livestock pretty much.:ohhh:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Watched the finale this morning before work. Was still kinda sleepy, but it was definitely :mindblown::heh:

Space Ragnar still walking around crazy thanks to Sol, only know has some weird veins :heh:and stumbles across a new faction. Were they a different sect of the Mithraic since they had a big ship, but were rocking black uniforms instead of white or another group entirely. If he becomes King of there squad :bryan:

The Mother/Father dynamic remains the best part of the show. When she was telling him about how their creator downloaded into her :troll: and father was :mjcry::martin: he didn't get some android ass :dead:..

Almost feel the show would be better if they focused on the pair of them trying to raise the kids, although I don't really care about any of the kids and mostly know them by their race, aside from Paul and Campion.

I do dislike the whole Sol whispers, because it seems like a plot device the writers can use to make characters act irrationally and do something to move the plot along :francis:.

I didn't realize at first Mother/Father had busted through the other side of the planet into the tropical zone they kept talking about :ohhh:.

Mother's baby though :damn: