Official PS5 launch and game discussion

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also, i thought not having quick resume would hurt a bit more. Honestly the ease of hopping in and out of games is so seamless and easy it’s really not a big deal. When you’re in a game in like 7 seconds it really doesnt matter.

People who are plying spider-man in high fidelity mode DO NOT switch to 60fps if you like ray tracing. I’m warning you.

You will NOT want to go back to 30fps after feeling 60fps in that game. It’s the most drastic performance mode change I’ve ever felt. Going back to 30 feels like a slide show to me now

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Yeah, I love that they updated it to include messages again in the same app. The aesthetic and interface is really sleek and is quite akin to the PS5's UI, which is dope that they did it that way.

Games I've played so far is a very little bit of Astrobot before my daughter just took it over from me. She got pretty damn far into it and was playing really well. We all played Sackboy for about 5-6 levels. Game is fun as expected. Great family friendly type game, albeit my daughter plays like a lil shythead, trying to kill everyone the entire time we play. It's annoying and hilarious. I'm playing Demon's Souls now, as I started earlier, but everyone was bugging for my attention all morning and day earlier and then begging to play Sackboy together, so the minute time that I played DS and Miles Morales were literally like for a couple of scenes in game before switching off. Loving next gen games so far, specially with how smooth and swiftly everything is. shyt just feels real clean and silky fresh.

I've only tried out two last gen games on it and boy did I see an immediately noticeable difference on one of them in Genshin Impact. Game just does absolutely everything better. I thought the game was pretty before, but the Cinco cleaned it up even more and I instantly noticed a pristine clean sheen about it, whereas the PS4Pro version looked a lil grainy and everything was smaller and harder to read/see text and lil things. Load times in that game were quite annoying, not the worse, but plentiful and fairly long, like 30+ seconds. Now load times are a lil less than half that, at about 7-10 seconds in most cases. Game feels more fluid than ever and just makes me enjoy the game that much more now.

Also, unrelated to the actual gameplay experience, but when we first turned it on and got things rolling my daughter was playing Astro Boy while squeezing her in my arms, I had a lil moment of clarity. Seeing life come in full circle realizing this was her first time having a game launch introduction in her life, seeing the sheer joy in her face and overall actions while playing, likening it back to my first time getting a new console and discovering my love for gaming when I was about her same age.........shyt damn near broke me.

:mjcry::mjcry:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I love that they updated it to include messages again in the same app. The aesthetic and interface is really sleek and is quite akin to the PS5's UI, which is dope that they did it that way.

Games I've played so far is a very little bit of Astrobot before my daughter just took it over from me. She got pretty damn far into it and was playing really well. We all played Sackboy for about 5-6 levels. Game is fun as expected. Great family friendly type game, albeit my daughter plays like a lil shythead, trying to kill everyone the entire time we play. It's annoying and hilarious. I'm playing Demon's Souls now, as I started earlier, but everyone was bugging for my attention all morning and day earlier and then begging to play Sackboy together, so the minute time that I played DS and Miles Morales were literally like for a couple of scenes in game before switching off. Loving next gen games so far, specially with how smooth and swiftly everything is. shyt just feels real clean and silky fresh.

I've only tried out two last gen games on it and boy did I see an immediately noticeable difference on one of them in Genshin Impact. Game just does absolutely everything better. I thought the game was pretty before, but the Cinco cleaned it up even more and I instantly noticed a pristine clean sheen about it, whereas the PS4Pro version looked a lil grainy and everything was smaller and harder to read/see text and lil things. Load times in that game were quite annoying, not the worse, but plentiful and fairly long, like 30+ seconds. Now load times are a lil less than half that, at about 7-10 seconds in most cases. Game feels more fluid than ever and just makes me enjoy the game that much more now.

Also, unrelated to the actual gameplay experience, but when we first turned it on and got things rolling my daughter was playing Astro Boy while squeezing her in my arms, I had a lil moment of clarity. Seeing life come in full circle realizing this was her first time having a game launch introduction in her life, seeing the sheer joy in her face and overall actions while playing, likening it back to my first time getting a new console and discovering my love for gaming when I was about her same age.........shyt damn near broke me.

Breh, I don't even have kids, and that shyt hit me. I think it was when I saw the little bots that were supposed to be the characters from Fat Princess (who even played Fat Princess like that?) that I realized that this just wasn't a tech demo, it was a history lesson, and a love letter to those who have been along for the whole ride. It's really a beautiful thing.

Also, these DualSenses aren't controllers, they're damn sorcery. I thought people were exaggerating by saying stuff like you can feel every step AstroBot makes. They absolutely weren't. :wow:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I’m officially an owner :wow:

source.gif

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Was going to get it for launch but decided to hold off for a sell. Reviews saying it has forced grinding. Hate that shyt. Right not I have Miles and Sackboy pre-ordered. Just waiting for my PS5 to arrive. Not coming till next week now.

Yeah, Imma pass. Not even gonna wait for reviews.

Also just seent it was rated T. :scust:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Yeah, it's really not something complicated to comprehend, lol.

I don't have time to read up on every aspect of the console and just picked up the stuff I wanted:yeshrug:

Didn't see the benefit of buying the ps5 version and assumed the upgrade would be limited in order to push people towards buying the ps5 version

Oh and @ me next time hoe

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
One thing about the new console that I didn't expect that is a bit of an inconvenience is that it seems the Dualsense controllers themselves have periodic updates. Not an issue on it's own, but you have to plug into the PS5 in order to update them. And this is update is for any individual controller. So if you have multiple controllers, you'll have to individually update them via plug-in whenever an update comes up. One just showed up today and I had to update all 3 of my controllers. I suppose they'd still have worked without the update, but you know how that could go. So that was annoying.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I don't have time to read up on every aspect of the console and just picked up the stuff I wanted:yeshrug:

Didn't see the benefit of buying the ps5 version and assumed the upgrade would be limited in order to push people towards buying the ps5 version

Oh and @ me next time hoe

Yeah...cuz it takes all of 3 seconds to look up, read and decipher said info. Don't have time your ass. Just admit you don't read too good.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
You have the headset?

Drop your thoughts
Yeah, I have the headset but 3D audio can be transmitted through any headset or headphones.

3D audio in Cold War Multiplayer is so good. I can literally hear players running and the direction they are coming from. You can hear ambient noise from the map in the exact direction the object is.

I never really game with my headset on but with this. I can’t game without it.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, I have the headset but 3D audio can be transmitted through any headset or headphones.

3D audio in Cold War Multiplayer is so good. I can literally hear players running and the direction they are coming from. You can hear ambient noise from the map in the exact direction the object is.

I never really game with my headset on but with this. I can’t game without it.

So if you already have some of the Playstation gold headsets from back in the day, do those do 3d Audio and if so, they can be used on here with no issues then?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I love that in 3 weeks we get cyberpunk (i don’t believe they will delay it again) its like the hype train ain’t stopping nytime soon.

And the game awards come out around the same time which is sure to reveal Elden ring (now that they are talking about it again) and some more stuff, maybe Ragnarok? A R&C release date? Video game hype train full speed