Official PS5 launch and game discussion

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I’m playing it only 2-3 hours in. Graphics and framerate is great. Combat is deep, but it’s not button masher friendly. You got to parry, evade block, know when to combo...it’s more skill based and there’s gonna be a big gap between good and bad players.

It’s a next gen action rpg. It’s like destiny, diablo, pso where your gonna just be grinding zones for equipment. So if you don’t like looters don’t play it. A lot of customization options too.

Aim locking is not that good I hardly use it, and camera can get shaky when your surrounded.. I’d give it a 7-8 right now it’s not bad at all.

Thanks for the reply. :salute:

I think I'll pass. I enjoyed looters until they get repetitive (they always do) and then they get bushed: Borderlands, Destiny, Destiny 2, all that.

Combined with the fact that it's not a button masher makes me want to get it even less. Midaswell just get DS and call it a day I think.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The PlayStation app is great. Notifications for games that finish installing and update is really nice.

Yeah, I love that they updated it to include messages again in the same app. The aesthetic and interface is really sleek and is quite akin to the PS5's UI, which is dope that they did it that way.

Games I've played so far is a very little bit of Astrobot before my daughter just took it over from me. She got pretty damn far into it and was playing really well. We all played Sackboy for about 5-6 levels. Game is fun as expected. Great family friendly type game, albeit my daughter plays like a lil shythead, trying to kill everyone the entire time we play. It's annoying and hilarious. I'm playing Demon's Souls now, as I started earlier, but everyone was bugging for my attention all morning and day earlier and then begging to play Sackboy together, so the minute time that I played DS and Miles Morales were literally like for a couple of scenes in game before switching off. Loving next gen games so far, specially with how smooth and swiftly everything is. shyt just feels real clean and silky fresh.

I've only tried out two last gen games on it and boy did I see an immediately noticeable difference on one of them in Genshin Impact. Game just does absolutely everything better. I thought the game was pretty before, but the Cinco cleaned it up even more and I instantly noticed a pristine clean sheen about it, whereas the PS4Pro version looked a lil grainy and everything was smaller and harder to read/see text and lil things. Load times in that game were quite annoying, not the worse, but plentiful and fairly long, like 30+ seconds. Now load times are a lil less than half that, at about 7-10 seconds in most cases. Game feels more fluid than ever and just makes me enjoy the game that much more now.

Also, unrelated to the actual gameplay experience, but when we first turned it on and got things rolling my daughter was playing Astro Boy while squeezing her in my arms, I had a lil moment of clarity. Seeing life come in full circle realizing this was her first time having a game launch introduction in her life, seeing the sheer joy in her face and overall actions while playing, likening it back to my first time getting a new console and discovering my love for gaming when I was about her same age.........shyt damn near broke me.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Fixed....For me :mjcry:

full
When are they going to be able to keep them on the shelves?

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Anyone getting Godfall? :ld: Looks like a Souls x Destiny hybrid. :lupe:

I've seen some gameplay footage and couldn't decide (the dude playing sucked :pacspit:). Glad now I didn't pre-order it. :whew:

Was going to get it for launch but decided to hold off for a sell. Reviews saying it has forced grinding. Hate that shyt. Right not I have Miles and Sackboy pre-ordered. Just waiting for my PS5 to arrive. Not coming till next week now.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
For all you guys who have one right now (PS5), what are your thoughts on this comment from CNN?:

Even CNN agrees that "If you already own a PS4 Pro, as opposed to an old 1080p PlayStation, then the PlayStation 5's benefits may be a little more elusive." If you're unable to get a PS5 right now, whether it's due to financial issues caused by Covid-19 or just the scarcity of Sony's new console, these early reviews indicate that you'll not be missing out on that much just yet.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Great family friendly type game, albeit my daughter plays like a lil shythead, trying to kill everyone the entire time we play. It's annoying and hilarious.

:russ:

Also, unrelated to the actual gameplay experience, but when we first turned it on and got things rolling my daughter was playing Astro Boy while squeezing her in my arms, had a lil moment of clarity. Seeing life come in full circle realizing this was her first time having a game launch introduction in her life, seeing the sheer joy in her face and overall actions while playing, likening it back to my first time getting a new console and discovering my love for gaming when I was about her same age.........shyt damn near broke me.

:wow:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I think I'mma wait until first quarter 2021. I usually wait a few months to get new consoles anyway, until after all the "glitches at launch" (if you will) issues die down.

SOON as Cyberpunk 2077 is officially released, though, it's over.