Official PS5 launch and game discussion

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
For all you guys who have one right now (PS5), what are your thoughts on this comment from CNN?:

My biggest complaint about the PS4 was the UI being soooooo slow and inefficient. This is a real next gen system with an integrated PS store and the UI is flying.

That alone is worth the price of admission.

Never felt like the PS3-PS4 interface were good. It was competing with itself to open things. Trying to send a message to players between matches was a waste of time.

Now, I'm excited to play every game the console has. Ain't been that way since the DS.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My biggest complaint about the PS4 was the UI being soooooo slow and inefficient. This is a real next gen system with an integrated PS store and the UI is flying.

That alone is worth the price of admission.

Never felt like the PS3-PS4 interface were good. It was competing with itself to open things. Trying to send a message to players between matches was a waste of time.

Now, I'm excited to play every game the console has. Ain't been that way since the DS.
This 1000 percent

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My joint on the way today. Gonna be a monk this weekend and run through Ghost of Tsuwharever its called lol. Got Miles coming this weekend.
At first i was gonna put this in my bed room at my desk since i got a dope chair but i got two controllers so i might as well just put this in the living room.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I love that they updated it to include messages again in the same app. The aesthetic and interface is really sleek and is quite akin to the PS5's UI, which is dope that they did it that way.

Games I've played so far is a very little bit of Astrobot before my daughter just took it over from me. She got pretty damn far into it and was playing really well. We all played Sackboy for about 5-6 levels. Game is fun as expected. Great family friendly type game, albeit my daughter plays like a lil shythead, trying to kill everyone the entire time we play. It's annoying and hilarious. I'm playing Demon's Souls now, as I started earlier, but everyone was bugging for my attention all morning and day earlier and then begging to play Sackboy together, so the minute time that I played DS and Miles Morales were literally like for a couple of scenes in game before switching off. Loving next gen games so far, specially with how smooth and swiftly everything is. shyt just feels real clean and silky fresh.

I've only tried out two last gen games on it and boy did I see an immediately noticeable difference on one of them in Genshin Impact. Game just does absolutely everything better. I thought the game was pretty before, but the Cinco cleaned it up even more and I instantly noticed a pristine clean sheen about it, whereas the PS4Pro version looked a lil grainy and everything was smaller and harder to read/see text and lil things. Load times in that game were quite annoying, not the worse, but plentiful and fairly long, like 30+ seconds. Now load times are a lil less than half that, at about 7-10 seconds in most cases. Game feels more fluid than ever and just makes me enjoy the game that much more now.

Also, unrelated to the actual gameplay experience, but when we first turned it on and got things rolling my daughter was playing Astro Boy while squeezing her in my arms, I had a lil moment of clarity. Seeing life come in full circle realizing this was her first time having a game launch introduction in her life, seeing the sheer joy in her face and overall actions while playing, likening it back to my first time getting a new console and discovering my love for gaming when I was about her same age.........shyt damn near broke me.

How old is your daughter breh? My 3 year old can hold the controller and press some buttons but not really 'play' anything. I'm not sure if that is right for her age or if she should be excelling at Virtua Fighter at her age? :patrice:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
How old is your daughter breh? My 3 year old can hold the controller and press some buttons but not really 'play' anything. I'm not sure if that is right for her age or if she should be excelling at Virtua Fighter at her age? :patrice:

My daughter turns 8 next month. She's been gaming since she was 2 actually. I have a vid of her at that age playing Mario on the Wii U that was pretty impressive for her age.

She can't stand fighters tho. For that, I'd question claiming her if she didn't look so exactly like me.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I've got to be honest I still don't understand the ps5 upgrade ish I'm assuming if I buy the PS4 copy of miles Morales I don't get the ray tracing etc just improved frame rates and textures?

I have a ps5 copy just curious

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
I put this in the discord but I’ll ask here too:

I’m trying to get a shooter for when I’m sick of getting stomped in Demon Souls, is the new CoD at least decent? Or should I just go get the Destiny 2 expansion bundle that’s on sale with the PS5 upgrade coming next month?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
CNN article is sour grapes talking.

Ps5 so far is def worth the upgrade in everyway. I could understand if he were talking about a one x to a series x because its the same UI, controller, etc but even then 60fps+, high res, bc gamesbeing improved, no load times.

Too many quality of life features to miss out on if you game a lot or have a really nice tv and want to put it to work

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So Avengers feels a lot smoother in performance mode, not sure if I saw a visual difference...in that mode. Didn't try High Fidelity mode much (only upon starting the game).

Ghosts of Tshushima looks and feels noticeably different in Performance mode for certain.