[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They are gonna do a fake out death but then let us know that fate cannot be changed and she’ll die anyway

Aeries death is necessary for the livestream to stop meteor

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Saying the order of events will change is a non announcement since this phase of the OG game you can choose what happens anyway. There's entire characters you can miss recruiting in the OG during this part

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Saying the order of events will change is a non announcement since this phase of the OG game you can choose what happens anyway. There's entire characters you can miss recruiting in the OG during this part

Yeah, i dont think Yuffie and Vincent will be optional this time though. Requires too much programming

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This isn't a remake breh
I mean as of right now... it kinda is. Until a main story beat actually changes for real all they have done is expand and add new stuff. As far as keeping to OG story beats nothing has really changed like that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean as of right now... it kinda is. Until a main story beat actually changes for real all they have done is expand and add new stuff. As far as keeping to OG story beats nothing has really changed like that.

Wedge and Biggs are alive

Thats a definitive change

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Well they didn't break out of the current plot until the end of the last game. It's all new territory from here

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No it's not, it was made pretty clear with Barrett dying and being brought back to life, then Zack biggs and wedge surviving after killing the faith specters that the story will be different. It was literally the biggest plot twist in the game, you weren't paying attention if you still think this is a simple remake. They didn't have all that build up just for the rest of the game to follow the same story beats as the original.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Im still not clear if zack is ‘alive’ feels like kh alternate realities mess.

But there must be a reason they are remastering crisis core

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Im still not clear if zack is ‘alive’ feels like kh alternate realities mess.

But there must be a reason they are remastering crisis core
He's alive, in the DLC he goes to the church looking for Aerith and refugees fleeing the sector 7 plate drop are there, meaning the events of part 1 has already happened at that point.

At first I thought Zack carrying cloud to Midgard was just a vision from the past, but the DLCs ending basically confirms he's alive in the present.