[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
FFVII:Remake Intergrade is just a PS5 Port/Remaster of FFVII: Remake that was also released with the Yuffie DLC.

Rebirth is part 2.

Crisis Core Reunion looks like a remake to FFVII:Crisis Core which was a prequel of some sort.
No wonder this year taken ten years

I forgot there's no straight PS5 upgrade.

I buying all of them, of course

Daps
Wished they would've just remade the original story as is. New plot is fan service, which is always mid

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The original took a hot minute to beat... And trust me when you get the airship, plus make & raise the black chocobo so you can run on water to get the knights of the round materia....:wow::wow::wow: u NEEDED that shyt off rip...

Knights of the Round Table

:mjlol:

Imagine all those muthafukkas roaming around the battlefield during a fight.

:mjgrin:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hope we get the weapons

DefiniteFlusteredAlpaca-max-1mb.gif

shyt scared me as a kid first time seein Emerald creepin around

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I think someone else will die this time.

I think she still does, but we get more Zack fukkery.

End of the day I think she knows what's going on and will make that sacrifice.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I think she still does, but we get more Zack fukkery.

End of the day I think she knows what's going on and will make that sacrifice.
I think she'll live and the story will end up going a completely different direction with a new main threat aside from sephiroth's meteor.

I don't think this trilogy is a remake, it's an alternative timeline.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I think she'll live and the story will end up going a completely different direction with a new main threat aside from sephiroth's meteor.

I don't think this trilogy is a remake, it's an alternative timeline.

Its definitely an alternative timeline. Zack is seemingly alive(that in itself is huge cause fukk is goin on with Cloud then), Avalanche is a big organization that just lets Barret's squad run unsupervised, the Wutai War(that ended before 7 starts) is in a cease-fire until Shinra blows up the Reactor that Cloud and Barret were gonna blow up and link Avalanche to Wutai, and Sephiroth shows up in Midgar with more interest in Aerith than Cloud. I can definitely see her living, but they've placed a lot of importance on her from the jump to not have something major happen with her. It definitely wouldn't be the same death as before, and if it ends up being the same kind of death from an alternate timeline Sephiroth im gonna nuke my damn PS5.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just wanna get something straight. I completed the original game but I never finished the Remake. The story of the Remake game is not going to follow the original game right meaning they make it pretty clear that these new games are their own new story. I got to the part where Tifa infiltrated the Don's mansion in the Remake and just kinda stopped playing it.

I guess the comparison I'd make is this is like Rebuild of Evangelion right? They both start at the original's point but go in different directions and by the end of Rebuild it's is it's own story.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just wanna get something straight. I completed the original game but I never finished the Remake. The story of the Remake game is not going to follow the original game right meaning they make it pretty clear that these new games are their own new story. I got to the part where Tifa infiltrated the Don's mansion in the Remake and just kinda stopped playing it.

I guess the comparison I'd make is this is like Rebuild of Evangelion right? They both start at the original's point but go in different directions and by the end of Rebuild it's is it's own story.

As of now it's a sequel, retelling and spin off all rolled up into one. It's executed EXTREMELY well and even more so for a game held in such high regards. FF7 is on a pedestal for many many people. So the remake pt1 being faithful, giving different POVs, while expanding and or potentially tieing up the ff7 fandom is super impressive

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As of now it's a sequel, retelling and spin off all rolled up into one. It's executed EXTREMELY well and even more so for a game held in such high regards. FF7 is on a pedestal for many many people. So the remake pt1 being faithful, giving different POVs, while expanding and or potentially tieing up the ff7 fandom is super impressive
I mean I haven't got that far but I've heard rumblings of characters in this game that were also in the original game making references to events that happened in the original but haven't or don't happen here. Also I've heard about
Zack
. I plan to finish the Remake at some point before the sequel is released. I didn't know what The Whispered were but at the point I was at it mostly felt pretty in line to the original with an expanded story. They hadn't done anything that made me say this is going off the rails of what I was expecting.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I mean I haven't got that far but I've heard rumblings of characters in this game that were also in the original game making references to events that happened in the original but haven't or don't happen here. Also I've heard about
Zack
. I plan to finish the Remake at some point before the sequel is released. I didn't know what The Whispered were but at the point I was at it mostly felt pretty in line to the original with an expanded story. They hadn't done anything that made me say this is going off the rails of what I was expecting.

It's gonna play its cards close to the chest a good chunk of the way through, but the beginning with Sector 1 Reactor is slightly different and introduces a story beat that isn't used in the OG, but for all intents and purposes, it doesn't seem to change any of the story beats after it.