[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Unfortunately I won't be playing this at launch. That's what sitting on the previous game half way through the game for 3+ years does to you.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So I decided to go on Target and search out of curiosity and I see them still selling brand new copies of PS1 and PS2 games.:dead:
I see FFIX, Chrono Cross and FF Origins.:dead: I know Square was still printing brand new copies of IX up until a few years ago but this is crazy. I might have to go and cop these just to have in the collection. Brand new PS1 games in 2024 is insanity.:dead:
Brehs paying $30 for a ps1 game in 2024 is wild.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
people are mad that modded in a bra for teenage tifa in remake lol:snoop:
Make me wonder how they will handle the Yuffie date scene at the flying saucer. She 16 but cloud can take her on a date and she even kisses him at the end in the og game.
Not sure why they felt the need to have 16 year girls scantily clad in this game. Should have just made them 18.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Make me wonder how they will handle the Yuffie date scene at the flying saucer. She 16 but cloud can take her on a date and she even kisses him at the end in the og game.
Not sure why they felt the need to have 16 year girls scantily clad in this game. Should have just made them 18.
I think they will try to make it as innocent as possible by making Cloud see her as a little sister

Other than the scene being more romantic with Tifa/Aerith

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

They will play it as a little sister thing, i mean you can take barret, red, and possibly Vincent on a date, they aren’t gonna be romantic.

I think the only romance will be between Aerith and Tifa

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
And right after leaking that beach scene :mjlol:

But if that’s the hill people wanna die on:hubie:
Redpill youtubers have been using the success of FF7 as proof the being antiwoke and not making your the characters ugly works.
I don't think the gaming industry is intentionally making characters ugly though, its just a design choice for certain themes and games.
Doesn't make sense for Ellie in a survival horror game to look like she stepped off a fashion model runaway. They want her to look plain jane and rough for the purpose of the story, not because they are trying to represent all the women out there who are strong 4/10's. but people find "agenda" in anything they don't like.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Redpill youtubers have been using the success of FF7 as proof the being antiwoke and not making your the characters ugly works.
I don't think the gaming industry is intentionally making characters ugly though, its just a design choice for certain themes and games.
Doesn't make sense for Ellie in a survival horror game to look like she stepped off a fashion model runaway. They want her to look plain jane and rough for the purpose of the story, not because they are trying to represent all the women out there who are strong 4/10's. but people find "agenda" in anything they don't like.
Been seeing the same frame of Tifa side by side with the characters from forespoken & fable 4

I still don’t get how the new Lara now looks like a man

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Been seeing the same frame of Tifa side by side with the characters from forespoken & fable 4

I still don’t get how the new Lara now looks like a man

And Chloe or Elena from Uncharted. The biggest difference is western companies try to mimic more true to life people and japanese/eastern companies are going for a more idealized look.

Both have their merits :yeshrug:

TLOU wouldn’t work if Ellie looked like the 2B or the girl from Stellar Blade

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unfortunately I won't be playing this at launch. That's what sitting on the previous game half way through the game for 3+ years does to you.
You not alone brotha, I got about half way through part one and lost interest. I don't even remember where I left off.

It was a good experience though, just too many games, not enough time.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
And Chloe or Elena from Uncharted. The biggest difference is western companies try to mimic more true to life people and japanese/eastern companies are going for a more idealized look.

Both have their merits :yeshrug:

TLOU wouldn’t work if Ellie looked like the 2B or the girl from Stellar Blade
They also don't take into account, that western games often try to model the characters after the voice actors.
They complained about Jin Sakai in Ghost of Tsushima too, but he looks exactly like the voice actor.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They also don't take into account, that western often try to model the characters after the voice actors.
They complained about Jin Sakai in Ghost of Tsushima too, but he looks exactly like the voice actor.

They just aren’t used to “real” looking people in japanese games outside of the yakuza stuff.

I remember the one japanese director praising Tsushima but still calling him “ugly” not in a mean way but in a realistic way that isn’t applicable to most japanese games. Look at FF7 i don’t think there is a single ugly chracter in the entire game aside from Palmer, Hojo, and Corneo