[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nah, they're just setting us up to believe we can save Aerith right before the gut-punch.

They gotta keep the OG players on their toes so we don't know what to expect, but they did say that the main story beats of the original will still be followed.

And besides that, if Aerith doesn't die, then Meteor can't be stopped.
There was way too much set up in the last game for the rest of the story to play out essentially the same.

They wouldn't be publicly saying that the rest of the story will follow the original, and not to expect deviations if they were trying to keep people on their toes.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
are we actually going to fly the airship in this one?
michael-jordan-yeah.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That would be fukkin stupid if they kept Aerith alive and killed off another main character.
I disagree I'd prefer if they off somebody it be somebody else this time. They should keep Aerith alive this time but I doubt they do it.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is not only a remake of a game that has already existed they are gouging niccas for $69 three separate times. People are embarrassing about nostalgia.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
There were way too many hints about changing the faith of an unnamed character at the end of part 1, it seemed pretty obvious that's the direction they're heading in.

They'll probably try to recreate the shock of that moment by having Tifa or someone else die when everyone expects Aerith.
I'll toss the game away if they kill Tifa:mjtf:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
final guesses after figuring this out
Cloud Dies at the end of this one
Zack is alive
3rd one you play as Zack to save cloud and defeat sephiroth

I was thinking something similar

If they are smart who dies (out of like 3 characters) should be up to the player based on their actions that game . However canonically aka when you start pt 3 it should default to whoever they have in mind.

Areith living I think makes for a much more interesting story. Even if in the end she has to die anyway.

Also the final game should have multiple ends.

Last edited:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully We finna see some genesis in there :banderas:
Definitely finna see more Dirge of Cereberus nikkas in there too

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Nah, they're just setting us up to believe we can save Aerith right before the gut-punch.

They gotta keep the OG players on their toes so we don't know what to expect, but they did say that the main story beats of the original will still be followed.

And besides that, if Aerith doesn't die, then Meteor can't be stopped.

Or

“Revive Aerith today for only $49.95! Visit the PS Store for more details.”

:mjgrin:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think what they'll do is when Aerith is supposed to die at, gets somehow prevented. And then there will be revelations to show how she was suppose to die and still ultimately needs to. Probably have Sephiroth even knows that her death will quell his end game plans, so he actually attempts to avoid that even happening. But the gang realizes that since her death is necessary, they end up having play even more a part of it happening, possibly even to the lengths of how Wolverine had to kill Jean Grey in the third X-men movie. Thus making her death even more tragic, since they knew they could stop it, but were forced to make it happen for the greater good. End up have Cloud feel even more guilt and responsible for it.

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I'm confused;

There's FF7: Remake (I own and beat that one)

Then, there's Intergrade.....Crisis Core Reunion....and Rebirth (which I get is Part 2...is it?)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm confused;

There's FF7: Remake (I own and beat that one)

Then, there's Intergrade.....Crisis Core Reunion....and Rebirth (which I get is Part 2...is it?)
FFVII:Remake Intergrade is just a PS5 Port/Remaster of FFVII: Remake that was also released with the Yuffie DLC.

Rebirth is part 2.

Crisis Core Reunion looks like a remake to FFVII:Crisis Core which was a prequel of some sort.