[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
From everything that I've seen. I'm pretty much 100% in the Cloud will die instead Aerith camp

The subtle nodes to them mentioning that scene and having the game end abruptly at the forgotten capital. It has to be a massive cliffhanger for new and old fans.

If that were to happen, that would be one hell of a game changer. I actually wouldn’t mind that happening.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
If that were to happen, that would be one hell of a game changer. I actually wouldn’t mind that happening.
It honestly makes more sense if this is OG timeline Sephiroth going into an alternative timeline to rewrite history. If you can't make him you join in this timeline. You have to kill him at most opportunistic time. Which would be when Aerith supposed to die.

Aerith and Sephiroth been playing chess like Magneto and Xavier in Part 1. I think Aerith knows she has to die to save the planet, but Sephiroth fool them to destroy the harbinger of Fate/Destiny. It give Sephiroth the ability to rewrite history. He knows. If only planned to kill Aerith. Why go through all that work unseal your doomed fate?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
kNIVoJo.gif

So I guess for party memeber change you set various party loadouts, and in the field you open command menu and press L1/R2 to choose different loadouts.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hamaguchi explains the decision to split Rebirth in this way had less to do with rekindling nostalgia and more as a method to preserve the team's lofty vision for it. Square had always envisioned Rebirth as a massive, highly detailed world more immersive than Remake's revamped Midgar. Thus, squeezing it on a single Blu-ray would have forced the designers to scale back on content and ideas, so doubling up on discs became the obvious solution.

This is why I say the decision to split the remake up makes more sense in the long run for gamers. Had they just shytted out a simple remake but with the same exact perspective(overhead chibi design) as the old PS1 game with modern graphics for battles, it would've been a one and done affair that would've had nothing new besides the graphics and audio. I much rather getting a fully realized AAA FF game in the scale of the modern ones while not cutting away the cool stuff in the original one.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
folks dont like going into games blind and just finding out? instead of watching 10 thousand previews and then get upset when in thefuture the algorithm gives u a big spoiler lol:russ:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
folks dont like going into games blind and just finding out? instead of watching 10 thousand previews and then get upset when in thefuture the algorithm gives u a big spoiler lol:russ:
It's weird. It was nice to see a trailer to have an idea of the scope, but I pass on these demos. Thr demo looks old too.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
This is why I say the decision to split the remake up makes more sense in the long run for gamers. Had they just shytted out a simple remake but with the same exact perspective(overhead chibi design) as the old PS1 game with modern graphics for battles, it would've been a one and done affair that would've had nothing new besides the graphics and audio. I much rather getting a fully realized AAA FF game in the scale of the modern ones while not cutting away the cool stuff in the original one.
Honestly, I would not have minded the other option at all.

But I'll still enjoy this.

Massive open world has its drawbacks.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

In hindsight this was the best thing they could have done, and now they have more time to iterate and flesh out gameplay mechanics, something they don’t usually get to do for final fantasy games anymore.

I look at the first part as a necessary sacrifice

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Isn't there also a chibi looking redesign of the og already in the works as well? Is it just mobile only or what? I can't remember, but I know I saw plenty of footage of it before.