[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The ONLY lame thing I've seen about this game is that it seems Vincent and Cid will be assist characters. That is genuinely not acceptable.

Everything else sounds stellar.
Really? that sucks vincent was one of my favorites throughout the game.
Good. I hated how excluded they felt in the original game, especially considering they were two of the coolest characters in the game.

I'm fine with having optional characters in RPGs, but if you acquire them, then I want them to have full party intereactions, backgrounds, etc. like any main character does.
Some of the best moments of the OG game was unlocking them and then maybe getting randomly taken on the yuffie side missions.

Sucks everything is just given to you now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The ONLY lame thing I've seen about this game is that it seems Vincent and Cid will be assist characters. That is genuinely not acceptable.

Everything else sounds stellar.

We gotta wait another 3 years to play as Vincent and Cid, but its understandable they are adding 3 characters to this game afterall.

Like i said, we’ll probably get a nother intergrade type spinoff with Vincent.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s gameplay footage of using him I suspect it’s temporary obviously but the fact we get to finally play as the gawd himself is very cool.

I like the vision for this remake and I’m not one of these gamers who want a complete replication of the base game. If I was I’ll just play the original

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There’s gameplay footage of using him I suspect it’s temporary obviously but the fact we get to finally play as the gawd himself is very cool.

I like the vision for this remake and I’m not one of these gamers who want a complete replication of the base game. If I was I’ll just play the original

Yeah, I’ve accepted that its not a ‘remake’ that its essentially a parallel sequel. So they can do whatever they want at this point, kill whoever, insert whoever, change the entire last 3rd if they want.

We’ve all played FF7 enough to have it cemented into our brains. I’m more hyped due to not knowing whats coming

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

We wanted to pay homage to the original FINAL FANTASY VII - there were many different types of chocobo in that game, such as the river chocobos or the mountain chocobos!

One of the big draws of FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH is that you can explore the vast world map, so we re-imagined the different chocobos to become important features of that exploration. You can use them to fly through the air, climb mountains or speed across water surfaces.
This was one of the hardest challenges we faced when developing FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH. There are a lot of games out there that let you explore in a limited area of a specific location, but we haven't seen all that many games that let you travel and explore a whole world.

If that world is too massive then it makes it harder for the game to work, but if it is too small then you don't get the feeling of being in a massive world in the first place. We put a lot of thought and hard work into getting that balance right to fulfill both requirements.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We gotta wait another 3 years to play as Vincent and Cid, but its understandable they are adding 3 characters to this game afterall.

Like i said, we’ll probably get a nother intergrade type spinoff with Vincent.
We will. They'd be retarded to not do that...but I ain't tryna hear all that it's understandable sh't. Niccas can go dig for a carubo nut in the floor with a chocobo and go swim to off in the distance islands and sh't but I can't play two of the main cast of characters...esp in parts of the game where you could play as them in the OG game? fucc outta here. No excuse for that.