[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
I'm 110 hours in on chapter 12, this game went from great to annoying to me.

Too much dialog, I understand this a story driven game but I don't need a conversation after every side quest, mini game or Intel.

Chapters 5-6 almost made me delete those game

Way too many mini games, some were cool most were annoying, especially when the game is a tight ass about controller input.

Mini games being tied to completing side quest.

IMO these is what irked me about this game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dope ending, chapter 13/14 got a little messy with how everything played out but im satisfied. Certainly not offended by the ending like a lot of reviews. Or maybe my expectations were considerably lowered like the first games ending.

I’ve also accepted that this is its own thing and not a 1:1 remake years ago. :yeshrug:

I think when it’s all said and done game is a solid 9/10 for me. I enjoyed it way more than i did the first game which felt like for a lot of the time it took itself way too serious. This version captured the tone and charm of the original far more. Every character got shine, the villains were great,(a bit too much sephiroth) but i thought the open world is the best SE has managed to pull off since FFXII. They did the world of FF7 right, especially since everything was essentially created from scratch.

My gripes are certain story segments that i feel didn’t have a real payoff and the mini-games being tied to end game content. Other than that this is without a doubt going to be one of my favorite FF games and i think one of the best JRPG’s in years.

SE did good. :clap:

Last edited:

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
The last two chapters had some of the most satisfying battles in gaming to me. The story aspect was cool. I liked some things about it a lot. Especially clouds development. Going to do a hard mode run later this year.

I actually liked pretty much all of the mini games except the ones where you’re looking for random shyt. Most of the side quests were pretty good. The open world stuff did feel like they pushed the check box mechanic on you… the towers and livestream rocks were just a waste of time. But I thought it was fun to explore each region. Overall this game did so much amazing that the few drawbacks don’t really bother me.

This game isn’t meant to be binged lol. But still, I’d say it’s a 9/10. Better than remake which I also have at a 9/10 so maybe this is more like a 9.5.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
The really decided to ruin the ending with this game with this bs ass boss fight ? Smh

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Dope ending, chapter 13/14 got a little messy with how everything played out but im satisfied. Certainly not offended by the ending like a lot of reviews. Or maybe my expectations were considerably lowered like the first games ending.

I’ve also accepted that this is its own thing and not a 1:1 remake years ago. :yeshrug:

I think when it’s all said and done game is a solid 9/10 for me. I enjoyed it way more than i did the first game which felt like for a lot of the time it took itself way too serious. This version captured the tone and charm of the original far more. Every character got shine, the villains were great,(a bit too much sephiroth) but i thought the open world is the best SE has managed to pull off since FFXII. They did the world of FF7 right, especially since everything was essentially created from scratch.

My gripes are certain story segments that i feel didn’t have a real payoff and the mini-games being tied to end game content. Other than that this is without a doubt going to be one of my favorite FF games and i think one of the best JRPG’s in years.

SE did good. :clap:
I wish and hoped by now people realize Remakes are never gonna be 1 to 1 renditions of the OG game...thats the whole point of a remake...they coulda easily gave nikkas a HD remaster that woulda took less than a yr to put out...but square just like all the other companies who do these remakes their ambitions and visions for these games are 10x bigger than what fans want or think these games are gonna be...the budgets for these games are insane and people really sit there and think these devs gonna give them the same shyt they played from 20+ years ago ?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wish and hoped by now people realize Remakes are never gonna be 1 to 1 renditions of the OG game...thats the whole point of a remake...they coulda easily gave nikkas a HD remaster that woulda took less than a yr to put out...but square just like all the other companies who do these remakes their ambitions and visions for these games are 10x bigger than what fans want or think these games are gonna be...the budgets for these games are insane and people really sit there and think these devs gonna give them the same shyt they played from 20+ years ago ?

It’s my opinion that these remakes are made to serve how you remember the games in your head and how you felt playing them when you were younger. To me this is always how FF7 looked and played and for new comers they get to experience it how we did back in the day, with awe and excitement.

You cannot recapture the magic of past games by just doing HD remasters. You have to modernize it and keep a couple surprises up your sleeve for the OG fans.

This is why i had hoped Chrono Cross was a remake and not the shytty upscaled remaster we got :francis:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
It’s my opinion that these remakes are made to serve how you remember the games in your head and how you felt playing them when you were younger. To me this is always how FF7 looked and played and for new comers they get to experience it how we did back in the day, with awe and excitement.

You cannot recapture the magic of past games by just doing HD remasters. You have to modernize it and keep a couple surprises up your sleeve for the OG fans.

This is why i had hoped Chrono Cross was a remake and not the shytty upscaled remaster we got :francis:
Well dammed if they do dammed if they don't then...because if you ask the people that don't like rebirth and didn't like remake all they wanted was a simple HD remaster...they didn't want the story touched fukked with or altered in anyway...but it is what it is

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well dammed if they do dammed if they don't then...because if you ask the people that don't like rebirth and didn't like remake all they wanted was a simple HD remaster...they didn't want the story touched fukked with or altered in anyway...but it is what it is

Yeah, can’t please everyone. :yeshrug:

Those people can go play Ever Crisis or pc Modded original

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gon head and start it up breh may as well get ahead of it. Did they fumble it or nah.
I loved 99 percent of this game but they fumbled “the moment” unfortunately. It was kind of some nonsensical jibber-jabber.:mjlol:
But you know what? I’ve only played the OG for the first time in 2023 and I loved it and think the game has aged well. So knowing the OG is still there to play kind of made the multiversal/timeline stuff in the Remake project not bother me as much.:ehh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I loved 99 percent of this game but they fumbled “the moment” unfortunately. It was kind of some nonsensical jibber-jabber.:mjlol:
But you know what? I’ve only played the OG for the first time in 2023 and I loved it and think the game has aged well. So knowing the OG is still there to play kind of made the multiversal/timeline stuff in the Remake project not bother me as much.:ehh:

im really just mad they didnt get the shot of cloud holding Aerith in the water, i needed that one at least if not the actual stabbing but i guess we got it in remake so… :yeshrug:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im really just mad they didnt get the shot of cloud holding Aerith in the water, i needed that one at least if not the actual stabbing but i guess we got it in remake so… :yeshrug:
People are speculating that the Mideel section in Part 3 will focus on Cloud learning the truth about Aerith’s death instead of the truth about Zack and they’ll show him lowering her body then. .:yeshrug:
IDK man I think they tried to do way too much and completely messed up the moment.:francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People are speculating that the Mideel section in Part 3 will focus on Cloud learning the truth about Aerith’s death instead of the truth about Zack and they’ll show him lowering her body then. .:yeshrug:
IDK man I think they tried to do way too much and completely messed up the moment.:francis:

eh, i think cloud is still under the influence of sephiroth/jenova but i think its pretty clear he knows Aerith is gone and he’s just at peace with knowing she exists in the lifestream. I think he has a greater connection to her there because of the dimensional rifts. Cloud still doesn’t know that he was Zack the entire time and Tifa still hasn’t told him which is probably why she’s worried he’s still not all there in the head.

I think a lot of it will play out the same in the end. With them both putting clouds memory back together

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Def aged well and I didn't play the OG when it first came out..I was going in on it everyday recently until rebirth came out,so since I have no emotional ties to the OG game what they changed in remake/rebirth didn't bother me so much.and I still didn't finish OG GFF7...what amazed me is what they changed and how they can take all these little areas and turn them into massive pieces of content.