[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s absolutely no way this game is coming out in 2023. Sony have two big exclusives for the remainder of the year plus third party hitters like COD which is more than enough for them to continue the momentum.

I think this game will probably drop somewhere around March 2024

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There’s absolutely no way this game is coming out in 2023. Sony have two big exclusives for the remainder of the year plus third party hitters like COD which is more than enough for them to continue the momentum.

Square's fiscal year ends at the end of March. Do they really want Final Fantasy XVI and this game released inside the same fiscal year? It will make comparisons for the following year unfavorable especially with how frontloaded game sales are. It's impractical to release 2 games of this magnitude in the same fiscal year considering the development time they take and the sales expectations they have.

It's not going to be a surprise when they push this back. They had a down year last fiscal year. They need numbers to look better going forward.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Square's fiscal year ends at the end of March. Do they really want Final Fantasy XVI and this game released inside the same fiscal year? It will make comparisons for the following year unfavorable especially with how frontloaded game sales are. It's impractical to release 2 games of this magnitude in the same fiscal year considering the development time they take and the sales expectations they have.

It's not going to be a surprise when they push this back. They had a down year last fiscal year. They need numbers to look better going forward.

They’ve already stated that they expect both games to come out within this fiscal year, they’ve projected that the one after will be significantly lower because they won’t be able to match the sales of XVI and Rebirth this year next year

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL

0 percent chance it comes out this year and I never thought it would. They really should have just said early 2024 or something like that to stop the confusion.

Regardless two Triple A Final Fantasy games in the span of a year is still crazy. I’m gonna have FF 16, Mortal Kombat 1, Spider-Man 2 and another replay of Remake to play so that gap between 16 and Rebirth is going to go by quick.:whoo:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyway where do y’all think this game is going to end?:jbhmm:

I would say Aerith’s death but the trailer seems to be hinting at the Cloud arc with his fukked up memories so it could end at either him slipping into the lifestream or after Tifa pulls him out and they get ready to go to the Northern Crater, setting up Part 3 as the final act?:jbhmm:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I would say Aerith’s death but the trailer seems to be hinting at the Cloud arc with his fukked up memories so it could end at either him slipping into the lifestream or after Tifa pulls him out and they get ready to go to the Northern Crater, setting up Part 3 as the final act?:jbhmm:

If they don’t kill Aerith the game is junk :camby:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm speaking to how companies are ran not what I want. For the CEO it makes sense to sandbag this game and release it in a different fiscal year than XVI. Releasing both in the same fiscal year is going to create brutal comps for the following year because you have two huge titles that took many years to develop and what will you have after that? Maybe Kingdom Hearts 4 but then why release that in the same fiscal year as Rebirth?

KH4 ain’t coming before 2026

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.

I cant imagine them doing that because after he gets out the lifestream the only thing left was the northern crater and final act (along with whatever sidequest shyt was left to be done). My memory is shyt but idk how much they can draw out the final act on the last game

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

I think it's either her death or after Temple of the Ancients.

End the game with Cloud going crazy, beating the shyt out of Aerith (Cloud would be the final boss) and Aerith leaving the party.

If they take it to the Forgotten Capital then I could see them taking some shortcuts to get there. It's just too massive for me to imagine them giving each location/event the same attention and expansion that Midgar got.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I cant imagine them doing that because after he gets out the lifestream the only thing left was the northern crater and final act (along with whatever sidequest shyt was left to be done). My memory is shyt but idk how much they can draw out the final act on the last game
That's why I think that Cloud going to die. A large portion of the 3rd game will be spend a lot of time trying to bring him back. Probably require Aerith to sacrifice herself.