[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
These vague ass comments.:beli:
If these are leading up to a trailer at the SGF, it wouldn't be smart of them to reveal anything substantial till then :yeshrug:

Some say the words highlighted in green will be covered in the potential trailer.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I think the next 2 games are going to suck more

Nomura at the helm, I don't expect good things

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
question seems silly, because i could never understand gamers that start a gaming series at the sequel or even at the end of the trilogy lol..Yes you should have played the remake prior lol
Biggest thing is availability on the system. Like Xenoblade 2 released before they remastered Xenoblade 1.

But this doesn’t apply here since pt 1 was playable on PS5 since the PS5 came out.

Games like trails, Yakuza and Ys which are long running do differ here since sometimes people wanna try out the newer games before committing to the series.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The problem with game sequels for story heavy games are that the gameplay mechanics and QoL features outpace the narrative. Its hard to play older games in the series when they function worse than the current iteration. Thats why remaster/remake culture is becoming so prevalent because teh narratives are still salvageable (good) but they’re tied to outdated game design.

Thats why i never understand people that moan about remakes. Games are part of tech, playing an older game these days is like telling someone an old smart phone is perfectly fine because it still makes phone calls and sends texts messages

Even BoTW which is one of my favorite games, I’d have a hard to recommending that to someone right now after playing TOTK. Its just on a very fundamental level a worse game in every way. Theres no reason to play BOTW anymore outside of the narrative tied to it. TOTK made it obsolete gameplay wise

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
The problem with game sequels for story heavy games are that the gameplay mechanics and QoL features outpace the narrative. Its hard to play older games in the series when they function worse than the current iteration. Thats why remaster/remake culture is becoming so prevalent because teh narratives are still salvageable (good) but they’re tied to outdated game design.

Thats why i never understand people that moan about remakes. Games are part of tech, playing an older game these days is like telling someone an old smart phone is perfectly fine because it still makes phone calls and sends texts messages

Even BoTW which is one of my favorite games, I’d have a hard to recommending that to someone right now after playing TOTK. Its just on a very fundamental level a worse game in every way. Theres no reason to play BOTW anymore outside of the narrative tied to it. TOTK made it obsolete gameplay wise
Really? A 6 year old game is obsolete now? :unimpressed:

You missing out on a bunch of classics if you can't learn to adapt to older game mechanics.

Imagine not playing San Andreas because GTA 5 was just graphically better :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You missing out on a bunch of classics if you can't learn to adapt to older game mechanics.

I mean, why should anyone have to adapt to playing a lesser version of something else just for the narrative? The whole point of playing a game is the because its interactive, if the newer experience improves upon the actual game aspect what purpose does the older version serve?

GTA 5 is not just graphically superior to San Andreas its mechanically superior. It plays better, it has more content, it looks better, its more accessible. You might like San Andreas because you have nostalgia tied to it but you’re not gonna tell someone to play that over GTA 5 thats like 16

shyt, even GTA 5 is retro at this point, its a 7th gen game

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is :duck: I mean technically you don’t have to play a previous game in anyseries to enjoy the sequels. I played God of War 2018 and Ragnarok and never played the OG trilogy. :yeshrug:

However, you’re definitely doing yourself a disservice if you don’t play Remake and even more if you didn’t play the OG. :mjlol: Remake was my first FF7 and I enjoyed it but didn’t really understand and appreciate it until I played the OG this year. For example when I saw the ending scene with Zack I was kind of confused and didn’t know who tf he was. After playing the OG and Crisis Core Reunion and looking back that scene was insane and changes the entire dynamic of the story.

Someone that didn’t play the previous games can never really appreciate the Remake.