[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yeah you start the game in the prelude where you're playing through the events before the first game when Sephiroth was still perceived positively, but the very first clip of dude with the black hair helping Cloud is his friend Zack (also Aerith's man) I think this was foreshadowing a later scene in the game
Okay thanks. I was confused

And Aerith is all mine :birdman:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
12 is top 3
12 was so far ahead of it's time. A lot of the stuff that game did was literally the first game to do it. The world wasn't ready for it when it came out. :wow:

fukk it 12 is the GOAT, I'm ready to die on this hill(It isn't the best Final Fantasy, but I'm tired of the 12 slander so i'm gonna die defending it).

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One thing I love about this game that I notice is probably intentional is you remember how in the old game jumping off of cliffs or traversing certain environments characters would do this little hop to go down? In here it feels like that's what it's doing instead of having a super realistic climbing down animation. It feels like how the PS1 games did at times. It's a nice blend of realism in cutscenes and "gamey" stuff in gameplay.

Also I LOVE that little jingle when you find a Chocobo stop and activate it. :wow: The little Chocobo plume you get just feels like something you'd get from a N64 era platformer.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
12 was so far ahead of it's time. A lot of the stuff that game did was literally the first game to do it. The world wasn't ready for it when it came out. :wow:

fukk it 12 is the GOAT, I'm ready to die on this hill(It isn't the best Final Fantasy, but I'm tired of the 12 slander so i'm gonna die defending it).
It's a great game. I don't have it as the GOAT (to me that's 6) but it's a top 5 and arguable top 3 for me. I actually symphatize with the setting complaints of it being "boring" because I used to think that until I got into it, but really it's just a game with a more grounded fantasy setting.

Really doesn't get enough acknowledgement probably because it was later in PS2 lifecycle, FFX is more remembered but to me it's better than X in every way.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
It's a great game. I don't have it as the GOAT (to me that's 6) but it's a top 5 and arguable top 3 for me. I actually symphatize with the setting complaints of it being "boring" because I used to think that until I got into it, but really it's just a game with a more grounded fantasy setting.

Really doesn't get enough acknowledgement probably because it was later in PS2 lifecycle, FFX is more remembered but to me it's better than X in every way.
Definitely better than overrated ass X.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
JV3cA2S.jpg

I'm getting nice with this photography shyt :wow:

More on the way
JVodOzB.jpg

JVodeWP.jpg

JVo2Lyx.jpg

JVo2tjV.jpg

JVo2ZTQ.jpg

JVo2DZB.jpg

Just a gorgeous game, I'm still in the Grasslands just exploring and taking photos:mjcry:

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished Junon.
There's a serious jump in quality here.
And they KNOW they have way more GPU to play with so they're just throwing a ton of characters on
screen like it's nothing.

I'm seriously impressed with all of the little towns along the way and the designated quests.
Every single Final Fantasy game from here on out needs to be structured this way.
The way it borrows from the Witcher III and seamlessly integrates that into FFVIII Rebirth is top tier.

I agree with whoever said JRPGs should've BEEN on this wave.

I do see how people can get the "Minigame fatigue" to set in though.
Because at this point it's like back to back to back minigames.