Official Power Season 1 Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I dont see whats so bad about Tommy as an actor either. I actually hate the Tommy character so I guess that means hes doing a good job.
i don't get it either...

me and my boy were talking about how great an actor he is... he actually seems exactly how a nutty ass coked up white boy would be... trust me... i know enough... they act crazy and irrational like that dude.. and especially one who is hood, they HAVE to be more over the top than us, just so we give them respect

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
These fools about to lose it all over women, you can't really trust a man that is in love :snoop:

Not doing what they're doing...

And I like Tommy too (yes his acting leaves a little to be desired but he's cool nonetheless)
I hated Tommy at first, but now, he seems to be the one I like more and Ghost is just killing me man. He was my guy like Stringer Bell, but watching him in the later episodes just have me like :wtf: dude is wildin over a broad and treating wifey like ish (gotta keep up appearances)

Show is good, and I can't wait to see Fiddy really get into it, his acting is actually really good. These plot twists and turns got me like :ehh: but I judge EVERYTHING against The Wire (TV at its finest!!) and it STILL got a ways to go, but it's still a damn good show

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not doing what they're doing...

And I like Tommy too (yes his acting leaves a little to be desired but he's cool nonetheless)
I hated Tommy at first, but now, he seems to be the one I like more and Ghost is just killing me man. He was my guy like Stringer Bell, but watching him in the later episodes just have me like :wtf: dude is wildin over a broad and treating wifey like ish (gotta keep up appearances)

Show is good, and I can't wait to see Fiddy really get into it, his acting is actually really good. These plot twists and turns got me like :ehh: but I judge EVERYTHING against The Wire (TV at its finest!!) and it STILL got a ways to go, but it's still a damn good show
Plot twists? Where? This show is clichéd and predictable. It has been entertaining, but the writing is basic as fukk.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Plot twists? Where? This show is clichéd and predictable. It has been entertaining, but the writing is basic as fukk.

LOL...you probably right, Im not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes..

but I won't lie either, I got into this show cuz of my wife. So I always smoke a blunt when we watch and I pay attention but not as much as when Naturi is showing that body of hers...

I like the show tho, but not hanging onto every word like I did the wire

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
This show is taking off, it is constantly rated in the top 3 on saturday nights for ratings, which is stellar because it's on a premium channel.

Also this article states it's garnering 4million views on all platforms i.e. TV, Online and Demand.

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/pi...rserved-audiences/382847#.U9lBdJBXG2s.twitter

Largest black viewing audience, rivaling Game of Thrones and True Blood at 68%, with 4 million viewers on all platforms, they are confident it's reaching a very wide audience.

Like the good brother @Born2BKing stated, sometimes people just want to be entertained.

season finale preview

Daps
This show is taking off, it is constantly rated in the top 3 on saturday nights for ratings, which is stellar because it's on a premium channel.

Also this article states it's garnering 4million views on all platforms i.e. TV, Online and Demand.

http://www.multichannel.com/blog/pi...rserved-audiences/382847#.U9lBdJBXG2s.twitter

Largest black viewing audience, rivaling Game of Thrones and True Blood at 68%, with 4 million viewers on all platforms, they are confident it's reaching a very wide audience.

Like the good brother @Born2BKing stated, sometimes people just want to be entertained.

season finale preview

Never knew Game of Thrones had a huge Black following. The coli told me otherwise. :leon:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I'm guessing yall don't live in the Northeast (Philly, New York, Boston and probably Chicago too over in the Midwest).

There are Tommy-like white boys running everywhere. Especially in Philly. Blue collar white boys that will fukk you up just as easy as a black dude.

Like someone else said, if you the only white kid in a majority minority neighborhood, you gonna act that way so people won't try you. First thing people think seeing a white boy in the ghetto is he's a bytch :russ:

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
:shaq2:

When does the boss do the killing?

:manny::yeshrug: The Coli was right by predicting that 50 Cent was the guy behind it all.

Contrary to popular belief, this myth is just that a myth. So-called crime bosses have been murking nikkas and being part of the everyday business since the beginning. Check the history of some of these dudes.

Lucky Luciano and a host of Mob bosses got there hands dirty
Pablo Escobar got his hands dirty
Frank Lucas and a host of New York Philly nikkas hands dirty, Hell Supreme Hands dirty on down the line.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I think people like @DaPresident and me just watch the shows not break them down like we trying to write next great masterpiece. When you do that you just enjoy the ride.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Never knew Game of Thrones had a huge Black following. The coli told me otherwise. :leon:

I have a theory that ALL popular television shows have a huge black following. Its already been known that black folks watch more television on average than other race: http://thegrio.com/2013/09/27/nielsen-report-confirms-blacks-watch-more-tv-than-any-other-group/

So at 13% of the population its possible we could over-represent in viewership of certain shows up to like 20-25%...even more for less popular shows.

But these networks act like shyt like 106 and Park is "catering" to us...