Official Power Season 1 Thread

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
but that isn't deep tho, its quite elementary writing

now go to 50's instagram, this nikka been promoting the show with images like these even tho he's barely featured on the show thus far:

tumblr_inline_n96vu8b0vg1r3825d.png

that's his character playing chess, a clear nod to him being a strategist and playing nikkas like pawns

A clear nod to Curtis loving Curtis.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That whole Kanan shyt was absolutely terrible. If his taillight was out, it was out. The fukk it matter if somebody took the bulb out or not? He was riding dirty. Why the fukk didn't his attorney look at the car and see if the light was "out"? Kanan is supposed to be smart, why he ain't check his car if he knew he was gonna be riding dirty? Why didn't he rent a car? Oh wait he had a line at the car place and they conspired ith the mechanic to pull the bulb.Better yet why the fukk he touchin the work himself? shyt is just stupid.
Screen-shot-2011-06-15-at-12.23.23-PM.png

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
After Ruiz got hit up its kinda obvious 50 the one behind Ghost and Tommy getting took off

Bout to watch episode 6 now

Edit: less than 5 mins into episode 6 and now they talking about 50 getting out...yup he did it

Last edited:

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People love "The Wire" but the "Barksdale Organization" was brought down essentially because of Avon's pillow talk. Sure it happened off camera but it happened. Avon had the broad killed, but she had already told his business to Chardene who played a major role in bring the organization down.

Fat Kevin

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Buffalo
People love "The Wire" but the "Barksdale Organization" was brought down essentially because of Avon's pillow talk. Sure it happened off camera but it happened. Avon had the broad killed, but she had already told his business to Chardene who played a major role in bring the organization down.
yeah but that wasn't blatant simping like we're seeing here
it was more subtle, it wasn't like that shyt Tommy did

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah but that wasn't blatant simping like we're seeing here
it was more subtle, it wasn't like that shyt Tommy did
Tommy didn't really simp. He protected Ghost is what he did. Like I said he said he was that nikka in the dope game. Do you know how many lying ass nikkas tell girls that everyday? I mean he really is that dude but she don't know his supply, don't know his stash, she don't know nothing really. It's not even an issue yet.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why the hell did Tommy lie about buying the earrings :mindblown:

Dude just got finished talking about how Tasha been holding them down all these years and you lie for a bytch you barely know and say you brought some earrings she stole out your best friends house

That shyt made no sense at all

Fat Kevin

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Buffalo
Tommy didn't really simp. He protected Ghost is what he did. Like I said he said he was that nikka in the dope game. Do you know how many lying ass nikkas tell girls that everyday? I mean he really is that dude but she don't know his supply, don't know his stash, she don't know nothing really. It's not even an issue yet.
If he really wanted to protect him, he shouldn't have said anything

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Bubbles brought down barksdale. Avons name was in the streets. They knew about the bodies.

Stringer snitched too.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Man, I swear some of you dudes over think shyt to embarrassing levels. Let you guys tell it, you could have created a more cohesive story and developed characters better than veteran writers from the dramas that won Emmys.

You have 8 episodes and 50 minutes to tell a story. With no promise of a second season. You are tasked with writing a story with the hopes of a re-up. So you have to give and take, just how many rough drafts has these episodes gone through? I'm sure all the shyt spewed in here was discussed to ad nuaseum. They have a team of writers brainstorming weigh the pros and cons of what to divulge without giving away all the story in one season.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Man, I swear some of you dudes over think shyt to embarrassing levels. Let you guys tell it, you could have created a more cohesive story and developed characters better than veteran writers from the dramas that won Emmys.

You have 8 episodes and 50 minutes to tell a story. With no promise of a second season. You are tasked with writing a story with the hopes of a re-up. So you have to give and take, just how many rough drafts has these episodes gone through? I'm sure all the shyt spewed in here was discussed to ad nuaseum. They have a team of writers brainstorming weigh the pros and cons of what to divulge without giving away all the story in one season.
That's idiotic!!

EVERY show has the same problems

First off you start in a damn meeting. Hey we got an idea. So you had better already have your plan set out

Then you shoot a pilot once you've convinced the actors and everyone else to try out for this pilot

Then you shop the pilot to studios to see if they want to buy it

Then you get picked up, they tell you how long, and nobody starts off with 3 seasons or even 2. Cause what if the first tanked, and now they've paid up front for two seasons already. That's multimillions lost the moment you cancel

So don't give me, you can't write it and they have an idea and talked about it, so that means it's good and we can't critique it

Good shows start good, don't have too much fake bullshyt, and build the story up better and better

You got a average show, which is what most people are calling this. And you got a damn average show. Maybe they'll switch writers or show runners. Happens regularly. They adjust. They fire. They replace. All shows do this

What you trying to say is cause of their time that they already knew they had before shooting... We are not allowed to comment on shytty writing and cliche plot lines????

Come on man.

Most people like this show. But we know damn well it ain't the next "best show on tv" either. It's ok to be a mid level show and that's all this is

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Why the hell did Tommy lie about buying the earrings :mindblown:

Dude just got finished talking about how Tasha been holding them down all these years and you lie for a bytch you barely know and say you brought some earrings she stole out your best friends house

That shyt made no sense at all
no sense at all.
he was just going on about how Tasha was like his sis and then when this random employee he just met steals from her he backs her up? her stealing from Tasha was disrespectful to YOU. she's a guest and an extension of you and is stealing from the home of someone you knew for years, he shouldn't have let that shyt fly. MAN up Macklemore smh :beli:.