Official Power Season 1 Thread

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what a wack cliched storyline...no surprise half-a-buck is involved in this bullshyt

first of all, this dumbass main character...where should i start? i mean, he's cheating on his wife with a federal prosecutor (the bytch basically told him she worked for the federal bureau, and he knew she was a lawyer...put 2 and 2 together you fake ass gansgta) and then he kills a dude himself, although he has plenty of goons to do it. i think at this point, he's trying to get caught. lol at his white homeboy putting his dumbass on blast when he tried to take pictures with that model company exec.

50 cent...wack

only thing good on this show is naturi's tittes...that's about it

Hahahahahaa, my man read all the positive feedback in this thread before he made this post and was like

dynamite.gif

corny ass nikka

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Ghost wife is using the driver to keep tabs on him. She playing duke and he too stupid to realize that. If she was gonna let him fukk she would've been done it. I think he gonna end up getting capped over that broad.

Ghost is actually in a position where he can eventually walk away since he's the boss. I don't get why his boy tripping over that. He could eventually be the man. Imagine Monk trippin because Marlo thinking about going legit.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ghost wife is using the driver to keep tabs on him. She playing duke and he too stupid to realize that. If she was gonna let him fukk she would've been done it. I think he gonna end up getting capped over that broad.

Ghost is actually in a position where he can eventually walk away since he's the boss. I don't get why his boy tripping over that. He could eventually be the man. Imagine Monk trippin because Marlo thinking about going legit.
nikkas don't think. "thats what brings them down. It's like Mitch said in paid in full . nikkas feel they don't have an identity without that shyt. And when you that deep, you can't trust too many muthafukkaz.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
The show is good so far but that white guy (Ghosts right hand man) is a terrible actor and it might be a deal breaker for me.

He's getting better, some of his lines aren't his fault. First episode was dreadful for him, everyone really except for Ghost and that latin broad. It'll be fun to watch, but I hope nikkas don't get too invested. Starz cancelled a HIGHLY rated show in Boss, and tossed Magic City in the bushes.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
He's getting better, some of his lines aren't his fault. First episode was dreadful for him, everyone really except for Ghost and that latin broad. It'll be fun to watch, but I hope nikkas don't get too invested. Starz cancelled a HIGHLY rated show in Boss, and tossed Magic City in the bushes.
Yeah I don't know why they canceled Boss I liked that. Like others have said the wife annoying and hood ratish but that's how its supposed to be.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I don't know why they canceled Boss I liked that. Like others have said the wife annoying and hood ratish but that's how its supposed to be.

I hate her, like f'real. Everytime she is on scene, I get upset. That's due to good writing, getting real emotion. I just wish Ghost wasn't fukking stupid.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Got damn y'all will shyt on anything. Maybe cause I walked into this with low expectations but this show is alright. Ain't gonna win Emmys but like someone said. It's a good show for the summer. I like some of the music choices on here too. And naturi ain't that bad, but maybe that's just cause she really does it for me.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Critical Thinkers, this is what you need to know.

Power, was only given one year and 10 episodes, so the writing couldn't be as specific as Courtney originally dreamed, so she had to strip out a lot of the detail and be very general hence the cliche' things you see. Courtney has a pedigree Emmy writes for "The Good Wife". Had she been giving the opportunity of a guarantee of 2 years or 3 years, then yes, the characters would have been a little more fleshed out, but then nikkas would complain it's dragging on and on.

This story isn't like Boardwalk Empire, which has history on its side as well as a multi year deal to allow for characther developement. Unfortunately she had to make fastfood and make it as good as possible, which I think she did.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I hate her, like f'real. Everytime she is on scene, I get upset. That's due to good writing, getting real emotion. I just wish Ghost wasn't fukking stupid.
Exactly but I think dude more worried about the club and the old chick than her bytching but dude better snap out of it.

Too bad but people I knew IRL liked the show. Guess we were in the minority

wild100sboy

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Chicago
But there's a reason why he's more into his ex than his wife: Angie represents moving forward for him. She's an attorney and he realizes if he wants to go legit, she'll be more accepting of that than wifey will because clearly she wants him to stay in the drug game and he doesn't. I'm not saying what he's doing is right but I understand his motivation and how these two women represent different things to him and it's obvious what life he wants to lead.
This is on point. He even gave angie a look like :ohhh: when she told him something like being around you is enough, you dont have to buy me anything. when his wife want shopping sprees for high end fashion and expensive bags, she has thot tendencies