Official Power Book IV: Force Season 1 Thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
This was a fun episode.
One thing, Seamus robbing Diamond was the most polite burglary ever. I've never seen any victim get to ask the robber "how much do you need, sir?" and then give the robber a bump on top.
I think Diamond being cool-headed and blessing Seamus in that scene might lead to them peacing it up and maybe working together at some point.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
This was a fun episode.
One thing, Seamus robbing Diamond was the most polite burglary ever. I've never seen any victim get to ask the robber "how much do you need, sir?" and then give the robber a bump on top.
I think Diamond being cool-headed and blessing Seamus in that scene might lead to them peacing it up and maybe working together at some point.

Yeah I think that was the point. He saw an opportunity to maybe get a cop on his side later down the road.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Yeah I think that was the point. He saw an opportunity to maybe get a cop on his side later down the road.
This would make more sense if the white cop Warshawski didn't have his foot on Seamus neck. How much value do you get out of a compromised asset? Seamus don't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed either.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
How? Because when I was doing a rewatch of the whole season, it made complete sense why Jenard would feel the way he does.

You haven't thought about the shyt from his perspective at all?

Think about how wild it would be if you spent years putting money aside for your big bro, got him a nice luxury apartment in the suburbs, bought him the barbershop he loved so much -- all this to keep him out of your way. Instead he just comes and decides he's the leader again. After 15 years. When all this time you (Jenard) are the reason the gang is even still strong. All the decisions you made while big bro was away is the reason why y'all are even still making money.

Then, Diamond's making all these old school calls you ain't down with, which can also potentially hurt the current business and you just gotta accept it... For now at least. Cuz from Jenard's perspective Diamond been out and immediately started making moves with Tommy. Tommy is the one that came in and started fukking shyt up. Which he absolutely is right. Tommy is the real bad guy this season which makes the show more fun to watch when you look at it from others perspectives. Since episode 1 Tommy's presence has been nothing but an interference and nuisance. It's very easy to see why everyone doesn't like him.
I agree with a lot of what you wrote except for the "Tommy is the bad guy" perspective. Thanks to Diamond's relationship with Tommy, CBI is the pipeline to the West Side which increases the gang's coffers. How is this a bad business decision? I understand Elijah got popped and I assume Jenard had a much closer relationship with him than Diamond. But EVERYBODY accepted the risk of running up on the Serbs. Furthermore, Jenard is keen on controlling the Dahlia market. He'd actually be in a much better position towards that goal by having a good relationship with the plug. Instead he let jealousy fukk up his relationship with Diamond, which Tommy has picked up on clearly, leading Tommy to keep CBI out the loop. Tommy ain't the bad guy here. If Jenard could stop hating, he'd realize he and Tommy have more in common than he cares to admit and that would help him in opening Diamond's eyes to new business ventures. I get the sense he's jealous the moves Tommy is making has done more to advance CBI's business interests in the month Tommy has been in Chicago (pure guess given Power's atrocious history with timelines) than Jenard has in 15 years. He's on some sucka shyt and that can't be commended.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This was the best episode of the season. Did not expect all these stories to come together. I would say I gonna anticipate this more then Ghost 2 ep 10. My only gripe is it was alot bad acting in here. D-Mac and Freddie rushed lines. And I didn't like Tommy's brother acting either when he was going up the elevator to see his son. But other then that this was very good.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
This would make more sense if the white cop Warshawski didn't have his foot on Seamus neck. How much value do you get out of a compromised asset? Seamus don't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed either.

maybe this could lead to Diamond murking the crooked white boy cop :jbhmm::sas2:

Yeah, get him talking, negotiate a deal. You scratch my back, i deal with your problem etc. I think diamond was trying to show him that he's basically a criminal already.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Do yall really think Jenard believed his brother that he didn't know they was downstairs? The look on Jernard face looked suspicious.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I'll see ya next season pleighboi.

:birdman::lolbron:
Lol but nah, I've kind of reached Power fatigue. At its best, this show is inoffensive, at its worst...well that was episode 9. Ghost is a circus and Raising Kanan takes too long to get going.

I got a lot of shows that look way better queued up and will probably be a better use of my time :manny:

Even right now, best thing people can say about the last episode is, "well, we like trash :mjgrin:"