Official Power Book IV: Force Season 1 Thread

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
It’s garbage that they made him gay.

At least they aren’t focusing on his sexuality. Seems like he’s just a guy that’s just trying to get by, that’s open about it but not flamboyant and all in your face with it, as opposed to gay characters like Dru and the basketball dude from book 2.:scust:

I mean, that should be the end goal. Having gay characters without it being their identity. The guy can just be gay and the other characters will be like :yeshrug: because it's not a big deal to come out like it was ten years ago.

I understand when people have an issue with LGBT characters and all their stories revolve around that, but that's just bad writing. You should be your character before your race or your sexuality or your gender. Even someone like Dru actually gets things to do other than sleep with other guys. They could write him the same way as a straight character with no difference.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
I can't stand Seamus. He got all this smoke for Diamond but he letting that lil white scrawny cop talk big shyt to him.

Vic continues to be a dumb fukk.

How somebody gonna warn you and then set you up?

Jennard is grimey. Trying to take out his own brother. Watch one of the lil nikkas hit him up. I bet. D Mac or the other lil nikka.

JP is another dumbfukk.

Tommy linking with the Serbs is interesting given their history

Last edited:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Jenard got to be the dumbest person ever.

How? Because when I was doing a rewatch of the whole season, it made complete sense why Jenard would feel the way he does.

You haven't thought about the shyt from his perspective at all?

Think about how wild it would be if you spent years putting money aside for your big bro, got him a nice luxury apartment in the suburbs, bought him the barbershop he loved so much -- all this to keep him out of your way. Instead he just comes and decides he's the leader again. After 15 years. When all this time you (Jenard) are the reason the gang is even still strong. All the decisions you made while big bro was away is the reason why y'all are even still making money.

Then, Diamond's making all these old school calls you ain't down with, which can also potentially hurt the current business and you just gotta accept it... For now at least. Cuz from Jenard's perspective Diamond been out and immediately started making moves with Tommy. Tommy is the one that came in and started fukking shyt up. Which he absolutely is right. Tommy is the real bad guy this season which makes the show more fun to watch when you look at it from others perspectives. Since episode 1 Tommy's presence has been nothing but an interference and nuisance. It's very easy to see why everyone doesn't like him.

Last edited:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
This shyt makes zero sense.

Storylines are all over the place

Tommy still doing unnecessary cocky dumb shyt

How could you say that? You're clearly watching from a casuals perspective. This episode (that's already been out since last week) put everything into more perspective and actually makes me appreciate the show more.

To an outsider or someone who hasn't been paying attention closely, I can see why you would feel that way. That's how I felt originally. I thought everything happening up until now was all just random bullshyt, but it's clearly all adding up. Scenes and storylines that you might've thought was filler should make a lot more sense now.

For example, I always thought the Tommy, Vic, Gloria love triangle was just some romance bullshyt. Which it could very well have intended to be. But if he didn't have that connection with Vic then he'd be even less likely to believe Tommy tried to take him out. Without Gloria, there's no reason for Tommy to warn Vic about anything. There's no reason to even consider his word if he isn't close to something or someone you truly care about.

If anything this episode proved that all the other storylines weren't bullshyt. Seamus vs Diamond, Jenard vs Diamond/Tommy, Tommy vs Everybody (except Diamond), Serbs vs Flynn's, etc. All the beef, drama and dirt that happened between everyone is all being addressed, which is what the audience wants.

But of course this is the internet where everything and everyone sucks , and you can't enjoy any type of show cuz a few a$$holes who think everything in the world is trash, thinks this show is no different. It's really easy to see how much of y'all don't get any p*ssy.