Official Power Book IV: Force Season 1 Thread

coose

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Archives
They got to know they over doing/forcing the gay story lines now as bad as empire, doesn’t seem authentic. Tommy and the girl also wasn’t written well to me. I’m still going to give this a shot but so far it’s ehhh. I like the theme song. So far don’t like diamond brother or care about diamond yet. The Irish siblings or Tommy brother. I guess just waiting to see what they pull off

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Idk where they wanna take this show but I'd love it if they go a Marlo from the Wire way with in the end. Where Tommy wins building an empire/going legit/becoming stable where Ghost and others failed if only because thats not what he wanted or cared about. Imagine ending this show with this psychopath having a family and legit business empire lol.

Tommy going legit goes against the moral code of his character, That would be bad writing.

I can see a storyline where Tommy pumps money into his fruity booty half brother's bar (Money laundering)
and uses that as TRUTH 2.0.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
They got to know they over doing/forcing the gay story lines now as bad as empire, doesn’t seem authentic. Tommy and the girl also wasn’t written well to me. I’m still going to give this a shot but so far it’s ehhh. I like the theme song. So far don’t like diamond brother or care about diamond yet. The Irish siblings or Tommy brother. I guess just waiting to see what they pull off

I'm starting to think TV Shows get paid bonuses if they write in gay characters......There was no need at all
to made Tommy's half brother gay.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to think TV Shows get paid bonuses if they write in gay characters......There was no need at all

It’s pretty much a done deal as far as shows on Premium channels or Primetime shows on standard network go, as far as having gay characters. It’s all about meeting that representation mark. The only reoccurring character that I can recall from the original Power series was Lobos, and that wasn’t until it became blatant towards the end of his story arc. I initially thought Lobos was a eccentric effeminate Prince type of cat, but that changed up quickly :dame:. Blanka the cop was too, but you were not smacked around with it. I don’t know if this is all backloaded due to minimal to no representation in the initial series and now they are overdoing it.

Last edited:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Tommy going legit goes against the moral code of his character, That would be bad writing.

I can see a storyline where Tommy pumps money into his fruity booty half brother's bar (Money laundering)
and uses that as TRUTH 2.0.
That's what im saying though is it'd be "poetic." He wants to be free agent and just stack paper but ends up "trapped" in position of leader because ppl depend on him and look to him to get shyt done.

Daps
That's what im saying though is it'd be "poetic." He wants to be free agent and just stack paper but ends up "trapped" in position of leader because ppl depend on him and look to him to get shyt done.

Hate to Jemele Hill the thread but it’s nothing poetic having a white man ending up as sole survivor off the back of minorities while never facing consequences of his actions when he has by far been the most egregious.

hate I even typed that. We all rooting for tommy or else we wouldn’t be here. But na he cant make it out unscathed.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

i think when they are able to make that LGBT character a POC they definitely get an extra. Because it seems like that’s the go to oh wait let’s make this random black characters gay also.

because we legit had no reason to know or even care that the brother was gay. And he also had a son. They could have left that there. Maybe had Chibs son be gay.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Decent episode though the show hasn't hit it's stride yet. I'll give it another couple of episodes before I can tell how I'm really feeling about it.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Watching now. I literally almost fell off my treadmill when his brother mentioned his ex-boyfriend. I knew it something bout him.