Official POWER Book II: GHOST Season 3 Thread

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Sons who resent their fathers and try to "be nothing like them" still inherit character traits/flaws and/or go out and pursue similar paths to seek their validation. It's a common trope in TV, but also happens IRL. That's not the most unbelievable aspect of the show

I understand that, but when the entire last season of the series was predicated on Tariq being exactly like Ghost, to the point where multiple characters said it including Tariq himself, and then the spinoff completely flips it around and makes Tariq say that he's nothing like Ghost, it's telling the audience that what they saw in the past didn't matter. It's their show. They can tell whatever narrative they want. I wouldn't point this out if they weren't contradicting themselves ten million times.

Just because Tariq is like Ghost, it doesn't mean he has to go out of his way to be like him. He can recognize that him and Ghost are a lot alike while trying not to make the same mistakes Ghost made (trusting the wrong people, keeping everyone on a need-to-know basis, etc.). But for him to say repeatedly that he's nothing like him, treat Ghost like some abusive deadbeat sucker and then come up with some crackhead BS like Tasha was pulling the strings all along when we have six seasons of evidence that proves otherwise? Trash, plain and simple.

MrSpook

All Star
Daps
Wouldn’t be surprised if Brayden lil shawty was fukking on his uncle before him. That might be his first body.
I don't get how Tariq/Cane/Brayden/Effie are all either murderers or murderer adjacent, but are scared of these goofy cartoon villains from the UK
They don’t got the artillery or man power to beef with them folk. It ain’t really being every but playing your cards right.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand that, but when the entire last season of the series was predicated on Tariq being exactly like Ghost, to the point where multiple characters said it including Tariq himself, and then the spinoff completely flips it around and makes Tariq say that he's nothing like Ghost, it's telling the audience that what they saw in the past didn't matter. It's their show. They can tell whatever narrative they want. I wouldn't point this out if they weren't contradicting themselves ten million times.

Just because Tariq is like Ghost, it doesn't mean he has to go out of his way to be like him. He can recognize that him and Ghost are a lot alike while trying not to make the same mistakes Ghost made (trusting the wrong people, keeping everyone on a need-to-know basis, etc.). But for him to say repeatedly that he's nothing like him, treat Ghost like some abusive deadbeat sucker and then come up with some crackhead BS like Tasha was pulling the strings all along when we have six seasons of evidence that proves otherwise? Trash, plain and simple.
Tariq does not know Ghost the way the viewers do. He only knows how he perceives Ghost based on Ghost's own actions and the stories told to him by Kanan & Tasha.

And as far as no continuity, thats been an issue since probably season 2 in the OG power

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Tariq does not know Ghost the way the viewers do. He only knows how he perceives Ghost based on Ghost's own actions and the stories told to him by Kanan & Tasha.

And as far as no continuity, thats been an issue since probably season 2 in the OG power

It's just frustrating because the first season gave Tariq actual growth, almost like they weren't expecting to get picked up for another season. The eulogy he gave at Ghost's funeral, telling Monet that he was responsible for all his decisions, telling Tommy that maybe one day, he'll be worthy of Ghost's name. They were finally trying to give Tariq some perspective on why Ghost did the things he did and have him grow up, have him let go of some of the anger he had towards Ghost.

Then season two undid all of that and now, we're in season three and Tariq's shytting on Ghost worse than he did when he was alive. There's no character development for Tariq anymore. Everything he learned about Ghost was erased. A continuity problem, sure, but this isn't like forgetting a character or certain plot line. This is literally the foundation of the show, that Tariq tries to navigate life as the new Ghost. Having him do these things and still not have any awareness about Ghost after nine seasons is a joke.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I hope Cane don’t die until towards end of the show. He’s carrying this shyt :wow:
Hope I’m wrong but it seem like they setting up Kane to die , just like they did ghost

which would be unfortunate cuz he one of the best characters on the show

Cane my favorite character on this mf , I said this during season 1

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's just frustrating because the first season gave Tariq actual growth, almost like they weren't expecting to get picked up for another season. The eulogy he gave at Ghost's funeral, telling Monet that he was responsible for all his decisions, telling Tommy that maybe one day, he'll be worthy of Ghost's name. They were finally trying to give Tariq some perspective on why Ghost did the things he did and have him grow up, have him let go of some of the anger he had towards Ghost.

Then season two undid all of that and now, we're in season three and Tariq's shytting on Ghost worse than he did when he was alive. There's no character development for Tariq anymore. Everything he learned about Ghost was erased. A continuity problem, sure, but this isn't like forgetting a character or certain plot line. This is literally the foundation of the show, that Tariq tries to navigate life as the new Ghost. Having him do these things and still not have any awareness about Ghost after nine seasons is a joke.
Ehh this is before Tariq got locked up and Yaz got taken away. Ghost was still shiiting on him from the grave, sohh even if he did start see things from Ghost's perspective it was erased in season 2.

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Ehh this is before Tariq got locked up and Yaz got taken away. Ghost was still shiiting on him from the grave, sohh even if he did start see things from Ghost's perspective it was erased in season 2.

I always felt like they wanted to make Ghost more unlikable and more of an evil b*stard, but it was too late for that. It doesn't help that he was surrounded by some of the most unlikable characters on TV, an All-Star Game of people you just want to punch in the face on sight. They tried to do what The Sopranos did with Tony by saying that Ghost changed, but they did it in such a forced, half-assed way, nobody believed it. What reason do I have to sympathize with Tariq or Tasha over Ghost? When he was celebrating becoming Lorette Walsh's running mate, I was happy for him. Leave these awful people behind and enjoy your new life in Albany. :mjcry:

The irony is that after all this is over, Tariq is still inheriting two-thirds of Ghost's assets. Once he gets over this, he's going to be set for life all because of the plan Ghost set up. What's he going to do then? Complain that his dad never helped him out with anything and start selling drugs inside Truth? :mjlol: