Official POWER Book II: GHOST Season 3 Thread

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Then in this season and the last one, he backslides and says that he's nothing like Ghost. Or he is like Ghost, but smarter and better. He'll never do what Ghost did, never ever. Now, he's claiming that Tasha was the brains of the operation and Ghost ruined everything? And we're supposed to take that seriously?

I would be okay with it if Tariq was supposed to be an idiot. Like, he's deluding himself into believing all of these awful things about Ghost because he can't accept the truth. He's already been established as a mama's boy, so it makes sense. But he's supposed to be intelligent. The smarter, better version of Ghost. Why is he still acting like this in season three?
Maybe it's more complicated than you think? Like when he says he is nothing like Ghost.......what was the context where someone compared him to Ghost?
By saying he is Ghost but smarter/better - I take it to mean Ima take his business/drug skill, do it better AND not hurt my family/girl in the process.
"Im nothing like Ghost" - Most likely referring to how he feels Ghost mishandled Tasha/his family. Not that he not a killer/drug dealer like Ghost.
:manny:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Maybe it's more complicated than you think? Like when he says he is nothing like Ghost.......what was the context where someone compared him to Ghost?
By saying he is Ghost but smarter/better - I take it to mean Ima take his business/drug skill, do it better AND not hurt my family/girl in the process.
"Im nothing like Ghost" - Most likely referring to how he feels Ghost mishandled Tasha/his family. Not that he not a killer/drug dealer like Ghost.
Only problem with that notion is that he's mishandling his own "family" by keeping Effie in the game eventhough it's just a means to an end to her, which is the same mistake that happened and essentially destroyed his own family. He's completely overlooking the lessons that Ghost and Tommy were trying to each him and the endgame that comes from it.

One moment he's talking about wanting out of the game and the other, he's talking about keeping it going. The writers keep flip flopping his character.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

In the original series, Tariq kept saying he was just like Ghost, especially in the last season. That's one of the last things he said to him before he killed him. "I'm you, Dad!" He wanted Ghost to recognize that they were the same right before he ended his life, like the sociopath he is.

Then in the first season of Book II, people said that Tariq was like Ghost and he said he's nothing like him. He completely changes his position when he was screaming for months that he was just like Ghost. He's not a monster like Ghost is, he looks out for others unlike Ghost. In the season two finale, Davis advises Tariq to focus on his sister at a later time and Tariq says he won't do that because that's something Ghost would do, and as you know, Tariq is nothing like him.

He can't say he's like Ghost and then say he's nothing like him. He keeps going back and forth and it doesn't make any sense. You know what? Tariq's nothing like Ghost. Because Ghost was smarter and better than him. Tariq keeps surviving by the skin of his teeth and the fact that he's surrounded by idiots. His dumb decisions are why he's in his current situation, and he's too stupid to realize that his mother wasn't the brains because if she was, she wouldn't have put herself in jail as a result of her incompetence, which is also why Tariq ended up selling drugs at Stansfield. Guy is a delusional idiot, and if he keeps saying "I'm not like Ghost" or "I'm smarter and better than him," I'm going to cancel my subscription to Starz immediately.

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
Anyone kinda ship Effie and Diana? That would be wild af and through Tariq for a loop

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the original series, Tariq kept saying he was just like Ghost, especially in the last season. That's one of the last things he said to him before he killed him. "I'm you, Dad!" He wanted Ghost to recognize that they were the same right before he ended his life, like the sociopath he is.

Then in the first season of Book II, people said that Tariq was like Ghost and he said he's nothing like him. He completely changes his position when he was screaming for months that he was just like Ghost. He's not a monster like Ghost is, he looks out for others unlike Ghost. In the season two finale, Davis advises Tariq to focus on his sister at a later time and Tariq says he won't do that because that's something Ghost would do, and as you know, Tariq is nothing like him.

He can't say he's like Ghost and then say he's nothing like him. He keeps going back and forth and it doesn't make any sense. You know what? Tariq's nothing like Ghost. Because Ghost was smarter and better than him. Tariq keeps surviving by the skin of his teeth and the fact that he's surrounded by idiots. His dumb decisions are why he's in his current situation, and he's too stupid to realize that his mother wasn't the brains because if she was, she wouldn't have put herself in jail as a result of her incompetence, which is also why Tariq ended up selling drugs at Stansfield. Guy is a delusional idiot, and if he keeps saying "I'm not like Ghost" or "I'm smarter and better than him," I'm going to cancel my subscription to Starz immediately.
nikka is a confused "kid". Dad never explained shiit to him. The only attempt he ever gave at explaining something was that goofyass story about Breeze, He never said how Breeze was holding him back and why Breeze needed to die. Just some goofy ass he was in my way. Kanan, Tasha & Tommy all bad mouth Ghost

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-the fact that Saxe is still alive is annoying
- Diana looking regal
-whos the random Asian girl?
- Diana blow up spots like Lil sisters
-Redman look different
-O-Dawg really turned his life around
-Tariq is Jason Bourne
-that drug huddle was wonky AF
-Big Brotha Almight Tee got cockblocked
-he should have pushed Brayden goofass in the water

Daps
I expected Dru to be a bottom. He was punishing dude.

giphy.gif

KGlock

All Star
Daps
Yea I just gotta reiterate just how stupid the logic on this show is now.

"Thats why you driving that beat up car"
"At least I got one"

How the fukk is this lil nikka on some El Chapo henchman shyt moving real weight, moving like John wick offing Russian fools like its nothing but can't afford one little rinky dink ass altima or some shyt.:gucci:

Then they had that crakka Brayden transform into mini John Cena but the son of Ghost and his godfathers/uncles or w.e Tommy, Kanan all swole as shyt but Tariq ass still looking like a jit in high school. Get that lil scrawny fool in the gym:mjtf:

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Sons who resent their fathers and try to "be nothing like them" still inherit character traits/flaws and/or go out and pursue similar paths to seek their validation. It's a common trope in TV, but also happens IRL. That's not the most unbelievable aspect of the show