Official POWER Book II: GHOST Season 3 Thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
This is still one of the funniest scenes in the entire series, and it's one of the very few times (before Book II) that someone actually calls out Tariq on everything he's done.

But the setup is absolutely ridiculous. On what planet did Tariq think that he was going to have Ghost take the weight for killing Ray Ray? Not just because Ghost is about to run for lieutenant governor, but because the night before, Tariq threatened to kill him and claimed that he was never his father? I know Tariq used to be a psycho, but he had to have been on some illegal pharmaceutical substance if he thought that was actually going to happen.

Seriously, did Tariq start using the pills he was selling at Choate? Because that would explain a lot about why he was not only a few fries short of a Happy Meal, but he was missing the burger, the drink, and the goddamn toy.

Riq was a real problem, and i still don’t think he realizes it, also the more he think he’s not ghost, the more he is becoming him

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Riq was a real problem, and i still don’t think he realizes it, also the more he think he’s not ghost, the more he is becoming him

"I'm nothing like Ghost. I'm better, stronger, and faster than him.

Also, I need his money to support the family so we don't end up on the street, but it's still fukk Ghost. :troll:"

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not trying to shyt on Michael Rainey cause breh has improved as an actor.

However, if this show had a really good lead actor it would do wonders for it. I said it years ago but can you imagine a young Larenz Tate as Tariq? He'd crush it.

Yea Snowfall is an all around superior show. However, imagine that show if you swapped lead actors. Snowfall just wouldnt hit the same with a Michael Rainey caliber actor.
Agreed. Imagine if Woody Mclain played Tariq and they found an actor with some chops to play Kane. Maybe a Shameik Moore. This show would level up crazy!

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is still one of the funniest scenes in the entire series, and it's one of the very few times (before Book II) that someone actually calls out Tariq on everything he's done.

But the setup is absolutely ridiculous. On what planet did Tariq think that he was going to have Ghost take the weight for killing Ray Ray? Not just because Ghost is about to run for lieutenant governor, but because the night before, Tariq threatened to kill him and claimed that he was never his father? I know Tariq used to be a psycho, but he had to have been on some illegal pharmaceutical substance if he thought that was actually going to happen.

Seriously, did Tariq start using the pills he was selling at Choate? Because that would explain a lot about why he was not only a few fries short of a Happy Meal, but he was missing the burger, the drink, and the goddamn toy.
Tariq is still a kid a sheltered kid at that. His reasoning ain't there.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Tommy and Kanan shows both have the same problem. Jukebox steals the show.
I gotta disagree. The difference in the quality of acting between Kanan and Book 2 is startling. Raq holds her own with Juke not to mention Marvin. On the same page regarding Force tho even tho Book has the silliest writing.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I guess if Lauren has enough time to threaten Tariq with a boxcutter, Tasha has enough time to leave her mother and daughter behind and pull off a drive-by without Tamika (or anyone else) finding out about it.

What I don't understand is that Tommy already told Tariq not to go after Monet because of what might happen. I guess he was okay with Tasha doing it, even though she didn't finish the job and the Tejadas were going to be out for blood no matter what?
I don’t think Tommy knew that Tasha was going after Monet based on his comments to Tariq as he didn’t really have the time to discuss it.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I don’t think Tommy knew that Tasha was going after Monet based on his comments to Tariq as he didn’t really have the time to discuss it.

Yeah, they definitely cut corners with a couple things. I understand Tasha wanting Monet dead, but whether she shot her or Tariq shot her, it still results in the shooter having a target on their back.

They probably assume Monet's dead, but Tasha might end up getting kidnapped and forced to drink a diet soda for her last meal like Matt Bevilaqua.

"It was Tariq, he got nuts! He said we needed to go to war and retaliate before it was too late, but I told him, 'Hey, Rome wasn't built in one day!'"

"What did Tommy say?"

"It had nothing to do with Tommy. He didn't ask for it. He got mad when I told him. Riq did it on spec."

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Of all shows to still be stickied after it’s been over for weeks, why this one?

This show is one of those that actual gets worse to me on multiple viewings. I watched the finale again last night with a chick who didn’t see it and realized I’m not really rooting for anybody in this show except maybe Diana.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of all shows to still be stickied after it’s been over for weeks, why this one?

This show is one of those that actual gets worse to me on multiple viewings. I watched the finale again last night with a chick who didn’t see it and realized I’m not really rooting for anybody in this show except maybe Diana.
Why Diana? IMO, Cane & Effie are the only likeable characters. I ain't gonna lie I wanted to smack Effie for playing Cane like a sucker.

I agree on the stickied part though

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell naw, Lil Yo Yo can stay over there. Manboy would be cool Tariq though :manny:
Manboy would be good as Kane. And also more believable as Lorenzo actual son lol. Let Woody be Tariq and Manboy as Kane...:whew:
Dude who played Leon in Snowfall would kill it as Tariq
Meh I dunno. I need to see Lil Lee in some other roles before I say he kills anything.