Official POWER Book II: GHOST Season 3 Thread

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Last two episodes :wow:

I’m only on season 5 of OG Power and I watched like episodes 3-10 of Book II season 3 so I don’t know wtf is going on :russ: but when I catch up…goddamn

The way 2-bit chumped Tariq :russ:

All Riq bytches forming against him like Voltron :mjlol:

Tommy coming back on some :demonic: “I got a silencer no one’s gonna hear”:russ:

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
It's hard writing the transition from high school to college, which is why a lot of shows try and avoid them altogether. At some point, they were going to have to do a timeskip to have Tariq graduate or get rid of the school storyline altogether.

In hindsight, I think the new showrunner wouldn't have went the Tariq killing Ghost route as a lot of the problems with the show came from that one move that they had to try and undo. The move also put Force in a bind in the long run as well.

I said this once and I'll say it again: The show was written in the beginning with the fear that they wouldn't be renewed for another season. That's why they have to keep introducing new storylines and bringing back things that they didn't need to (Tommy wanting to kill Tasha). That's also why Tariq went from finally understanding Ghost and wanting to be worthy of his name to saying stupid shyt like Ghost was Tasha's sidekick. Even the show itself doesn't understand why Tariq keeps doing that because they needed Tasha of all people to tell him to get a clue.

I really miss Ghost, but honestly, I don't know if he would fit into the show. If nobody kills him, what direction do they go in after that? Personally, if they still wanted to do the show, I would have Tariq try to make peace with Ghost at the end of the original series, but it's too late when he gets killed (by Dre). The spinoff could be about Tariq trying to honor Ghost's legacy and stay in school, but the drug life pushes him back in so he ends up stuck between being a gangster and a civilian. The show wouldn't change that much in hindsight, and could even be better.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They needed to end the end the beef between Tasha+Tariq/Tommy and there limited options to do so based on the circumstances, which speaks to how goofy it was to pinned Ghost's murder on Tariq anyways.

The one thing I will criticize the new showrunner for is how they wrote going back to witsec as she pleases and why I wish they'd either get rid of that storyline altogether and get her out of it or stop having her appear on the show as it defeats the purpose of witsec in general.
Explain why they needed to end the beef? The beef had no impact on the show. Tasha is in witsec, Tomy told Tariq he'd never see him again and moved to Chicago. They could've left it at that. Even if they wanted to do crossovers they could've used other characters. It's bad writing. All that Saxe's shiit was stupid an illogical.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said this once and I'll say it again: The show was written in the beginning with the fear that they wouldn't be renewed for another season. That's why they have to keep introducing new storylines and bringing back things that they didn't need to (Tommy wanting to kill Tasha). That's also why Tariq went from finally understanding Ghost and wanting to be worthy of his name to saying stupid shyt like Ghost was Tasha's sidekick. Even the show itself doesn't understand why Tariq keeps doing that because they needed Tasha of all people to tell him to get a clue.

I really miss Ghost, but honestly, I don't know if he would fit into the show. If nobody kills him, what direction do they go in after that? Personally, if they still wanted to do the show, I would have Tariq try to make peace with Ghost at the end of the original series, but it's too late when he gets killed (by Dre). The spinoff could be about Tariq trying to honor Ghost's legacy and stay in school, but the drug life pushes him back in so he ends up stuck between being a gangster and a civilian. The show wouldn't change that much in hindsight, and could even be better.
Even if they felt they weren't going to be renewed initially, they are going into season 4. They had no reason to do that Tommy/Tasha bullshiit. And it makes perfect sense for Tasha to school Tariq on Ghost as she helped poison his mind in the first place.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
If this happens, I may really have to hang up my Power Book hat. The idea of Tommy having anything to do with the kid who killed his ace is a bridge too far for me. I'm still struggling with him reconciling with Tasha, even though she manipulated Riq into killing his pops. I can't suspend that much reality.

I was :laff::laff:when she asked Riq about their future in episode 9 and he curved her.

How did 2-Bit receive a letter from Sax? :dahell:

Good question. My initial thought was it relates to the illegal recording Sax obtained through Proctor's daughter. But then I remembered that scene where he filmed Riq at Ghost's cemetery plot confessing to all of his sins.

You know in this Power Universe it's only a matter of time until her wig gets split :myman:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree :sas2:

Lauren spent all of that time away from her family only to have them join her in Witsec :heh:I hope they at least move them to Westchester county. On a different note, how was Tariq able to transfer his trust fund to Weston Holdings? :wtf: I was under the impression he didn't have any access to it until he graduated from Stanfield.
Exactly

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Even if they felt they weren't going to be renewed initially, they are going into season 4. They had no reason to do that Tommy/Tasha bullshiit. And it makes perfect sense for Tasha to school Tariq on Ghost as she helped poison his mind in the first place.
Right Tasha is the real villain

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-Diana killing that outfit

-Mecca was two-timing
-this Spanish cop sounds like a Russian supervillain
-Dru let that zest boil over
-hot Nickels talking that murdagame
-Josefina look shook

-Lauren conjured the fucc out of some Becky tears
-
Diana in that wig tho :noah:

Damn they done clicked up like the Legion of D00M on his ass

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:laff:At this nikka 2-bit showing up outta nowhere while all this drama is going on.
:heh: Bruh the crossover storylines in the last 2 episodes of this season were so unnecessary & forced with so much drama already going on in this show.

EDIT:

:mjlol: I just finished the finale episode & The storylines to end the season were ridiculous.

Last edited: