Official POWER Book II: GHOST Season 3 Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Im not trying to shyt on Michael Rainey cause breh has improved as an actor.

However, if this show had a really good lead actor it would do wonders for it. I said it years ago but can you imagine a young Larenz Tate as Tariq? He'd crush it.

Yea Snowfall is an all around superior show. However, imagine that show if you swapped lead actors. Snowfall just wouldnt hit the same with a Michael Rainey caliber actor.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps

However, if this show had a really good lead actor it would do wonders for it. I said it years ago but can you imagine a young Larenz Tate as Tariq? He'd crush it.

Yea Snowfall is an all around superior show. However, imagine that show if you swapped lead actors. Snowfall just wouldnt hit the same with a Michael Rainey caliber actor.

Tommy and Kanan shows both have the same problem. Jukebox steals the show.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Damn that last episode was that shyt! Between this episode and the 9th one Power is getting that feeling back. The writers are stepping it up again.

I just got one question, how the hell did Monae and the rest of them know about Tommy? I get Tommy knowing about Monae cause she was mentioned when Monae's daughter gave his mom Saxe's letter. However how do they know who Tommy is?

Also the carbon monoxide murder is one of the wildest death scenes on the show imo.

If you haven't noticed Diana be doing major research on shyt. She found out about Salim, she found out about Zeke's birth records in Season 2. Dirty Diana a noisy bytch and will get all up in somebody shyt. It's no stretch for her to do her homework on Tariq and his past and find out about Tommy.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
If you haven't noticed Diana be doing major research on shyt. She found out about Salim, she found out about Zeke's birth records in Season 2. Dirty Diana a noisy bytch and will get all up in somebody shyt. It's no stretch for her to do her homework on Tariq and his past and find out about Tommy.
I get that, that would makes sense but they never explained it. How all of a sudden they just know about Tommy lol

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
It's a good development that Tariq and the Tejadas are enemies now. Them being friendly didn't really make sense to me (aside from the money factor).

Tariq should have been done with them after Kane did that snitch shyt of trying to pin the officer's murder (that he did himself) on Tariq.

Also, Diana is pretty but clearly not 18, it's becoming distracting to me that they have a 37 year old playing a college freshman.

Last edited:

Forsaken

All Star
Daps

THE SCHOOL WAS ACTUALLY
THE ONLY THING SAVING THE SHOW.

NO ONE IS TAKING TARIQ/BRAYDEN
SERIOUS AS STREET GANGSTAS.

PUTTING THE PREPPY
DRUG DEALING SPIN ON IT
HELPED A TON.
:devil:
:evil:

School angle was getting tired. I'm actually tired of the Tejada family too.

I actually think they keep Kane alive since he can be the "muscle" for Tariq and Brayden.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
School angle was getting tired. I'm actually tired of the Tejada family too.

I actually think they keep Kane alive since he can be the "muscle" for Tariq and Brayden.

I FEEL THAT...

I THOUGHT THEY WOULD
TRANSITION FROM THE SCHOOL
ANGLE TO THE CORPORATE WORLD
WITH THE INTERNSHIP
BUT THEY COMPLETELY
WENT LEFT WITH THAT.

IT SEEMS THEY DIDNT KNOW
WTF THEY WANTED TO DO
AND BROUGHT BACK TOMMY/TASHA
TO STALL US OUT WHILE THEY
FIGURE OUT WHERE THEYRE
GONNA GO WITH THE SHOW.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

I FEEL THAT...

I THOUGHT THEY WOULD
TRANSITION FROM THE SCHOOL
ANGLE TO THE CORPORATE WORLD
WITH THE INTERNSHIP
BUT THEY COMPLETELY
WENT LEFT WITH THAT.

IT SEEMS THEY DIDNT KNOW
WTF THEY WANTED TO DO
AND BROUGHT BACK TOMMY/TASHA
TO STALL US OUT WHILE THEY
FIGURE OUT WHERE THEYRE
GONNA GO WITH THE SHOW.
It's hard writing the transition from high school to college, which is why a lot of shows try and avoid them altogether. At some point, they were going to have to do a timeskip to have Tariq graduate or get rid of the school storyline altogether.

In hindsight, I think the new showrunner wouldn't have went the Tariq killing Ghost route as a lot of the problems with the show came from that one move that they had to try and undo. The move also put Force in a bind in the long run as well.

Last edited:

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If Cane was Tariq it would be better. Honestly even Brayden

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's hard writing the transition from high school to college, which is why a lot of shows try and avoid them altogether. At some point, they were going to have to do a timeskip to have Tariq graduate or get rid of the school storyline altogether.

In hindsight, I think the new showrunner wouldn't have went the Tariq killing Ghost route as a lot of the problems with the show came from that one move that they had to try and undo. The move also put Force in a bind in the long run as well.
Not really. He could've been dealing on campus and they could've rarely showed clasroom scenes.

th problem isn't even killing Ghost, the problem is them trying to make a green nikka an instant criminal mastermind. The problem with both Force and Book II is they keep coming up with contrived ways to keep them linked,