Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 2 Thread

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How if she can’t even be free on her own?
It's not about her being a great option, it's about the other options being trash. Lauren clearly ain't the right answer because of how easily she got manipulated, even though having a square chick isn't the worst of all worlds. Effie is just definitely the wrong pick based on her turning on him once, no what level should he reasonably ever be able to trust her now? Diana is just the best of bad options.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
It's not about her being a great option, it's about the other options being trash. Lauren clearly ain't the right answer because of how easily she got manipulated, even though having a square chick isn't the worst of all worlds. Effie is just definitely the wrong pick based on her turning on him once, no what level should he reasonably ever be able to trust her now? Diana is just the best of bad options.
You don’t think Diana would turn on him given certain circumstances? I can’t get mad at Effie for taking advantage of a square like tariq was at that point

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Props to you for holding this thread down, you the only one that understands what’s going on it seems.
:mjlol:ITS LITERALLY LIKE
THIS IN EVERY POWER THREAD.

I GOT OFF TO A LATE START
THIS SEASON SO IM BACK
IN HERE CORRECTING THE DUMB shyt.

:devil:
:evil:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
They’re two different versions is well off. It always made sense for Tariq to turn into this because of who his parents were. It’s not like Ghost was a legitimate businessman and politician from the jump, he was ALWAYS a drug lord and criminal and murderer. Sending your kid to private school isn’t gonna stop them being exactly like you are and following your example.

Coli brehs really think that everyone gets into the drug game out of pure desperation and ghetto living.
Man I don’t know if you do watch the show or not.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You don’t think Diana would turn on him given certain circumstances? I can’t get mad at Effie for taking advantage of a square like tariq was at that point

Ehhhh she's actually went to bat for him quite a bit against her own family when she didn't have to :ld:

Even Dru has helped him out as well.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
this was a fun episode, did it feel long to anyone else?

Lil deal of Ghost Book 1 similarities reached out to me:
liked the changing of the Brayden/Tariq dynamic. Tariq coming clean with Brayden 100% on what happened lends to a greater relationship possibly than what Tommy/Ghost has.
Effie back in the picture, listening to Tariq talk about the professor dying and just saying "you did what you had to" gave me major flashbacks to Jukebox rationalizing Kanan killing Shawn

speaking of which, did i miss something? why is Effie so hard for the home team? feel like the last time we heard from her she was telling Di to stay away from that dumpster fire and shyt

The whole family feuding and they dont eem know it :wow:. Di needed to be MORE than yoked up. stole the money and sprung pops out of jail who just got all his boys over eatin all the chicken?:picard:

Could see this season ending with a Tariq vs Cane showdown like what happened with Ghost/Kanan. At either rate, Cane is flying WAY too close to the sun.

Sax about to somehow flip this shyt so hard with Lauren wearing a wire he's gonna make partner at this rate. Wouldn't be the first time Sax got somebody murked and aint know it...

also Lorenzo got some nerve hating on how Cane looks. This nikka always on the scene looking like oldhead extraordinaire

Milgrim switched up hard on 'Riq which was expected, but to switch on Lauren? absolute nasty work. She ain't even like Jabari like that :mjtf:
Wouldn't be surprised if Mecca knocks off Cane. He seemed to only spare him when Riq followed him out of respect and love for Monet. Now that Monet curved Mecca and told him to stay away from Zeke I'm pretty sure that lil bit of love is gone. On a different note, Renzo got no swag with buck teeth:stopitslime:
Tariq bout to really earn his stripes

:lolbron:
Young Riq already three bodies deep:demonic: And judging by that look on his face while burning the letter he's just getting started. I just need Professor Milgram to buss it open one more time before she gets wacked:ohlawd:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She might or might not, but we already know Effie would. You’re not mad at it lol, but if you were Tariq it would make sense for you to be.