Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 2 Thread

Cool Dr. Money

I’m Lil Jimmy but my boys call me J-Murder!
Daps
Reppin
Q.U./N.J.
Courtney is really setting up the series finale where tariq out lives everyone and rides off into the sunset

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:

Riq must be smashing Courtney.

Riq has ruined so much. Theirs nothing good about him. Yasmine would've been better without Riq and Tasha.

Tamika and Saxe the rest of them know he a pos. Know Tasha a pos and still sent Yasmine to Tasha.

The love off affair with Riq character is weird.

Not sure how legitimate this is, but this dude claims to have connections to people at Starz/Power, and insinuates that very thing.

Who knows, could be straight bs, but if a least partially true, would explain some of what's happened since season 6 of OG Power. Courtney said she went ham selling the network on Michael Rainey as a leading man and mostly everyone didn't see it and wasn't on board. Makes you wonder.

If untrue though, I'll offer another theory. Because of alot of Power is inspired by her family, and Ghost is based on her father, and they had a "complicated relationship", I feel like this massive push for Tariq's validation could also be Kemp's narcissism in showing the world that she is better than her father.

Other than that, I have no idea, but this constant push against Ghost and for Tariq makes no sense.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
So they’re just gonna keep forcing this narrative that Tariq’s weak ass had no choice to kill Ghost to protect his family :hhh:

Literally all of this is because he didn't want to take responsibility for his actions by turning himself in.

His mother and sister are in WITSEC for the rest of their lives, his grandmother was driven to alcoholism, his "uncle" hates him and will no longer be there for him. And now, just like Ghost, Tariq is going to spend the next couple seasons trying and failing to get out of the game. Until he gets his inheritance and dies. :francis:

This show still can't tell me how killing Ghost made Tariq’s life better.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
So do we consider Saxe a good man for wanting to take down Tariq?
Saxe is trash too but for different reasons. But I am on board with anyone try to bring him down at this point. And I can’t stand him or the other chick that’s been obsessed with them.

The way they go about it is annoying but it needs to be done cause this dude has done way too much bullshyt to too many people to still be alive and free.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Not sure how legitimate this is, but this dude claims to have connections to people at Starz/Power, and insinuates that very thing.

Who knows, could be straight bs, but if a least partially true, would explain some of what's happened since season 6 of OG Power. Courtney said she went ham selling the network on Michael Rainey as a leading man and mostly everyone didn't see it and wasn't on board. Makes you wonder.

If untrue though, I'll offer another theory. Because of alot of Power is inspired by her family, and Ghost is based on her father, and they had a "complicated relationship", I feel like this massive push for Tariq's validation could also be Kemp's narcissism in showing the world that she is better than her father.

Other than that, I have no idea, but this constant push against Ghost and for Tariq makes no sense.

It's obvious that it's about her personal feelings and ego. Most of the shyt she says makes no sense at all, it's as if she thinks the fans are stupid and can't put two and two together. Trying to get people to hate the star of the show who has been carrying it for years and to love a hated character is just weird. At least most of the people in the comments see right through her bullshyt.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
ALL OF THIS IS DIANAS FAULT...

AND THEY TOLD HER
NOT TO LOOK IN THE BAG.
:devil:
:evil:

Power really is like a live-action cartoon. I wish they would have transitioned into being more of a comedy so the ridiculous shyt that happens would be more acceptable.

Like them telling Diana not to look in the bag. They were treating her like she was Peter Griffin or something. "Diana, don't look in the bag." "I'm not gonna!" "Diana, I'm serious, don't look in the bag." "I won't!" *looks in the bag* "Diana, why did you look in the bag?!" "I thought that was code for 'look in the bag.' It was a test and I passed, right?!"

Or when Tariq and Cane were talking in the car. It felt like an episode of Mom or something. You could literally put the laugh track over all their lines. :mjlol:

Or Lorenzo deciding to go against the plan and accidentally kill Zeke when he had no way of verifying if it was Mecca. Guy just shot someone walking into a private jet and thought, "Swish. :mjgrin:"

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
So do we consider Saxe a good man for wanting to take down Tariq?

I mean..... Saxe has a guilty conscious and should have never been working with McClean in the first place. I can believe that he’s a good dude who wants to do the right thing, but he tends make shyt worse in the process and indirectly cause people to die. With that being said, he should have dead long ago in the OG Power series and not be anywhere near the spinoff.

He desperately needs a W on the legal side of things before he dies, so I'm guessing he's going to help lock up Tejada's or at least MacLean. Some of these characters gotta end up in jail and not actually dead.

If anyone can get Diana to flip, then it’s going to be him as they’re one in the same.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Power Book II: Ghost Finale: Exiting Show Boss Courtney Kemp on Killing [Spoiler], Bringing Back a Power OG

TVLINE | What moment from the finale are you most looking forward to the fans seeing?

I’m very much looking forward to Tariq getting Yaz to their mom, even if he can’t join them. If people don’t love Tariq now, what can be said?… If you don’t love him, then something is deeply wrong with you, because he has now become a great kid. He has become a great person. Someone who can really value someone’s needs over his own.

:laff:
Be a middle aged bird brain brehettes :martin:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Power Book II: Ghost Finale: Exiting Show Boss Courtney Kemp on Killing [Spoiler], Bringing Back a Power OG

TVLINE | What moment from the finale are you most looking forward to the fans seeing?

I’m very much looking forward to Tariq getting Yaz to their mom, even if he can’t join them. If people don’t love Tariq now, what can be said?… If you don’t love him, then something is deeply wrong with you, because he has now become a great kid. He has become a great person. Someone who can really value someone’s needs over his own.

:laff:
Seems like she was trying to go the Shakespeare route where she’s trying to make us feel for the a$$hole.
So by the time they kill him we feel bad

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So you would wife Courtney Kemp for the bag? Dude did it for like 3 years. I know he had to be tired of it.
NAH YOU GOTTA RIDE
IT OUT UNTIL YOU SECURE THE BAG.

WHY WASTE 3 YRS FOR
A C CHARACTER ROLE
THEN GO BACK TO THE HOOD?
Effe’s pointed nose really bothers me

WITH HEAD SHAPE ASWELL

:devil:
:evil:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I mean..... Saxe has a guilty conscious and should have never been working with McClean in the first place. I can believe that he’s a good dude who wants to do the right thing, but he tends make shyt worse in the process and indirectly cause people to die. With that being said, he should have dead long ago in the OG Power series and not be anywhere near the spinoff.

He desperately needs a W on the legal side of things before he dies, so I'm guessing he's going to help lock up Tejada's or at least MacLean. Some of these characters gotta end up in jail and not actually dead.

If anyone can get Diana to flip, then it’s going to be him as they’re one in the same.
Lorenzo walked out like he was about to make a store run and grab some bread and some swishers. Goes to make a hit on the connect who was supposed to be military trained all by his lonesome no back up etc. Lorenzo just going to kill this dangerous dude and be back in time for supper. Makes perfect sense smh

Then just takes a shot on a guy in the dark who is clearly a foot taller than mecca and assume anyone getting on the jet must be mecca smh

Not to mention a star athlete getting killed and the shyt not all over the news but the guy who was stashed by the government death being all over the news .

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's obvious that it's about her personal feelings and ego. Most of the shyt she says makes no sense at all, it's as if she thinks the fans are stupid and can't put two and two together. Trying to get people to hate the star of the show who has been carrying it for years and to love a hated character is just weird. At least most of the people in the comments see right through her bullshyt.

I agree, but if Courtney hated the accolades and attention Omari/Ghost was getting and wanted to show it was her writing and not the character/Omari's acting that was the true star of the show, then why give us "Baby Ghost" in Tariq. Tariq is just the younger, less talented, more unlikeable version of the character her audience loves. Should have made him very different from Ghost; it's just a dumb idea from the start. Its like she listened to Hov and was like "I made Ghost I can make another Ghost." bytch its the same character! Youre not proving a damn thing. Guess she'll get her chance to show and prove at Netflix.