Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 2 Thread

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Courtney been sounding dumb af , “ghost had to pay for his actions” :skip: he murdered drug dealers/street cats

tariq got 4 cops,lauren,2 professor’s & his sister killed cuz of his actions in like a quarter of the time :mjlol: just to name a few

Brayden had to leave school cuz of this human bad luck charm but we’re supposed to give af about him reuniting with tasha who’s in witness protection cuz of this clown Just dumb logic

Courtney isn't in the least bit logical. If they were to do live debates with her, most people who watch the show would easily run circles around her. Just a bunch of babble comes out her lips.

Ghost was a dope character who should have stayed on. This "paying for his actions" bullshyt could be said about any main character of a show. Tasha didn't really pay for all HER actions and clearly neither will Tariq and they are both bigger pieces of shyt than Ghost was.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
In the first few minutes of the episode when Davis tells Tariq that he just beat a case, has money waiting for him after he graduates, and is in the clear to have a good life and reunite with his sister after having more money and power. He says naw fukk that, I won’t do nothing my pops wanted me to do. This kind of logic is what stops this show from being bigger.

Then in the closing minutes he realizes he needs money and power to be with his family. It’s like this show is so unnecessary, Tariq doesn’t need to do this shyt and why would I want to root for someone who is basically choosing to be in the bullshyt just to spite his pops who has done nothing wrong to the little knucklehead?

the show is overall entertaining but it’s not for the same reasons I’m sure they intended.

Lastly killing Mecca was weak, and premature and he should have got away and periodically reappeared after a while. He would have gave the show a big bad and considering they found out about him in all of two episodes his death was super anti climatic

Because Tariq is on his Bernie Mac shyt. He wants to prove once and for all that in the St. Patricks, he's the lead dog.

Doggggggg. *barking* Doggggggg. Riq's the lead dog. Pay attention, everybody, lead dog. :mjlit:

But seriously, I try ignoring shyt like this, but when I see all of it pointed out, it makes absolutely no sense. Tariq says he's nothing like his father (because the writers can never make up their mind on that shyt), but he wants to get out of the game just like Ghost did and has a legitimate reason for doing so. Tasha is in WITSEC, Yas is in WITSEC, he beat the case. He can finally live a normal life and focus on school so he can get the fukking inheritance he needs to support himself. :francis:

Then Mecca dies, Tariq didn't get the two million dollars, and decides to stay in the game because he has nothing better to do. He's a self-sabotaging bum who hates himself and lives in it. He's a live-action BoJack Horseman. :mjlol:

Despite how they seem hellbent on shytting on Ghost, all book 2 is doing is confirming that he was hustler excellence. Came from the bottom and was about to be top tier in the legit world, playing chess on cunning politicians like tate etc.

Like this episode tariq saying he's not going to wait 2 years to get his sister because he's not like ghost :francis:, the guy who literally risked everything to save his life on multiple occasions.

Why would Tariq even say that? Two seasons into the spinoff and he still says bullshyt like that. Ghost cared about his kids more than anything else in the world. The only reason he didn't kill Tariq is because he was his son and thought he could save him. If Ghost wanted custody of Yas, he would stop at nothing to get it.

I'm trying to give Courtney Kemp the benefit of the doubt and believe that there's no beef between her and Omari Hardwick, but she doesn't give me a reason to look the other way. :hhh:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Power Book II: Ghost Finale: Exiting Show Boss Courtney Kemp on Killing [Spoiler], Bringing Back a Power OG

TVLINE | What moment from the finale are you most looking forward to the fans seeing?

I’m very much looking forward to Tariq getting Yaz to their mom, even if he can’t join them. If people don’t love Tariq now, what can be said?… If you don’t love him, then something is deeply wrong with you, because he has now become a great kid. He has become a great person. Someone who can really value someone’s needs over his own.

:laff:

Last edited:

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Courtney isn't in the least bit logical. If they were to do live debates with her, most people who watch the show would easily run circles around her. Just a bunch of babble comes out her lips.

Ghost was a dope character who should have stayed on. This "paying for his actions" bullshyt could be said about any main character of a show. Tasha didn't really pay for all HER actions and clearly neither will Tariq and they are both bigger pieces of shyt than Ghost was.

Their writing this from female point of view. The whole mother would do anything for her son thing.

Their trying to paint Tasha and Riq as sympathetic.characters. Their no different than Ghost.

Son ruined families, careers and a whole college campus to save his mom. When he should've just went school and got the bag when it was over..

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Power Book II: Ghost Finale: Exiting Show Boss Courtney Kemp on Killing [Spoiler], Bringing Back a Power OG

TVLINE | What moment from the finale are you most looking forward to the fans seeing?

I’m very much looking forward to Tariq getting Yaz to their mom, even if he can’t join them. If people don’t love Tariq now, what can be said?… If you don’t love him, then something is deeply wrong with you, because he has now become a great kid. He has become a great person. Someone who can really value someone’s needs over his own.

:dwillhuh:

Riq must be smashing Courtney.

Riq has ruined so much. Theirs nothing good about him. Yasmine would've been better without Riq and Tasha.

Tamika and Saxe the rest of them know he a pos. Know Tasha a pos and still sent Yasmine to Tasha.

The love off affair with Riq character is weird.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

THIS bytch IS INSANE...

IM STARTING TO BELIEVE
THE BROTHER WHO SAID
50 STOLE POWER FROM THIS BOOK
HE PITCHED HIM AND TOOK
IT TO COURTNEY...

JUST LIKE THE WACHOSKI
fakkitS COULDNT EVEN
DESCRIBE THE 1ST MATRIX
IN THE PITCH TO WILL SMITH
AND HAVE GOTTEN WORSE
WITH EACH MOVIE.

YEA THEY STOLE THAT shyt TOO.

:devil:
:evil:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even think they should have revealed who Mecca was this season. They could have turned him into the big bad guy next season.She said she based Mecca on Whitey Bulger well then he should have lived a lot longer. Found out he was a snitch and died the next episode by some regular nikkaz. This man wiped out GTG in 2 minutes or less but somehow he trusted Monet who lied to his face about Carrie.

Zeke could have left the police station and just drove off and crashed.

We already know the storyline next season gonna be Monet finds out Lorenzo killed Zeke. Diana probably gonna figure it out. Tariq gonna find out Effie did Lauren in..

honestly i'd be happy if they kill the Tejada family off and make a new storyline.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
ITS NAMED GHOST
BECAUSE ITS ABOUT THE EVENTS
IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING GHOSTS DEATH.

I SWEAR I THOUGHT
CAINE WAS ABOUT TO SHOW UP
AND POP EVERETT
RIGHT THERE.

SMH THIS nikka
FUMBLED THE BAG.

COURTNEY JUST GOT
THAT NETFLIX DEAL TOO.

THAT NEW HOE GONNA LEAVE HIM
WHEN HIS 15 MINUTES DRY UP.

nikka COULD HAVE HAD
COURTNEY DOING 3SOMES
WITH BAD bytchES SINCE SHES
SUCH AN LGTB ADVOCATE.
:devil:
:evil:
This. This nikka an actor, this shyt is his bag. He fukked it up

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
Tyriq bout to have diplomatic Immunity out this mothafukka or he gonna get Life in Prison
Decent season
I enjoyed alot of what the writers were trying to accomplish as far as tying the classroom topic into the overall theme of the showsometime that was cool you know can't take it too too serious as far as alot of the discrepancies throughout any given production of this magnitude
Enjoy the show

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Couldn't the same be said about Ghost?? :why:

Actually, you know what, this is Courtney Kemp we're talking about here.
full

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Their writing this from female point of view. The whole mother would do anything for her son thing.

Their trying to paint Tasha and Riq as sympathetic.characters. Their no different than Ghost.

Son ruined families, careers and a whole college campus to save his mom. When he should've just went school and got the bag when it was over..

:gucci: Wtf is Courtney talking about?! I still hate this nikka Tariq. I've been watching to see if he gets fukked over for killing his pops and to see if Ghost is really dead (I know:comeon:). I don't give a fukk about Tariq lol