Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 2 Thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Power Book II: Ghost Finale: Exiting Show Boss Courtney Kemp on Killing [Spoiler], Bringing Back a Power OG

TVLINE | What moment from the finale are you most looking forward to the fans seeing?

I’m very much looking forward to Tariq getting Yaz to their mom, even if he can’t join them. If people don’t love Tariq now, what can be said?… If you don’t love him, then something is deeply wrong with you, because he has now become a great kid. He has become a great person. Someone who can really value someone’s needs over his own.

:laff:

This chick is delusional

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Power Book II: Ghost Finale: Exiting Show Boss Courtney Kemp on Killing [Spoiler], Bringing Back a Power OG

TVLINE | What moment from the finale are you most looking forward to the fans seeing?

I’m very much looking forward to Tariq getting Yaz to their mom, even if he can’t join them. If people don’t love Tariq now, what can be said?… If you don’t love him, then something is deeply wrong with you, because he has now become a great kid. He has become a great person. Someone who can really value someone’s needs over his own.

:laff:
Wow! Please tell me you made that up

She is leaving the power universe right?

cocaine is a hell of a drug

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:gucci: Wtf is Courtney talking about?! I still hate this nikka Tariq. I've been watching to see if he gets fukked over for killing his pops and to see if Ghost is really dead (I know:comeon:). I don't give a fukk about Tariq lol

Man I hate this lil sociopathic fukk boy just as much as ever. Me and my ole lady can’t stand this snake ass dude. What’s crazy don’t knock me but I’m in a fb power group and I swear all of the females in there treat Tariq like he’s their innocent son who can’t do any wrong.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Wow! Please tell me you made that up

She is leaving the power universe right?

cocaine is a hell of a drug

It’s a real quote unfortunately. It’s from one of those end of season/series interviews that showrunners do. I understand the show is her baby and she has to defend her work, but damn. At least have some sense of self-awareness to realize how goofy you sound :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
im with those of yall who arent rooting for tariq, im watching power because its power and ive just been conditioned to follow the story for 8 years now and there is nothing that can be done to redeem tariq or make me wanna root for him based on not only the shyt he pulled in the original series when he was a glorified aj soprano, but the shyt hes doing now when he doesnt have to

thats why I just shake my head when people be like "this person gotta go" as soon as they snake tariq.. like if anything that shyt makes me root for them even more :mjgrin:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It’s a real quote unfortunately. It’s from one of those end of season/series interviews that showrunners do. I understand the show is her baby and she has to defend her work, but damn. At least have some sense of self-awareness to realize how goofy you sound :mjlol:
I’ve seen people say that the whole point of this show was to redeem him but I thought based on how it was going that either they were trying to be real with this situation or it was a slow burn. But nope this goofy think despite having him get even more people killed and him refusing to lay low and finish school to get the money he needs to actually take care of his family, that this makes him look good?

Ok it’s obvious that power feels like the female audience is what kept the lights on, but a lot of men watched too. In fact I know for me I put my girl into it. And even she said the last few seasons didn’t make sense. They are trying to spread the audience out across multiple shows. I bet they figure they will win the male audience back with force, and continue to make book 2 for the delusional women.

Business always gets in the way of making good art. I might not watch season 3 if Tariq is never going to face any consequences for his actions

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’ve seen people say that the whole point of this show was to redeem him but I thought based on how it was going that either they were trying to be real with this situation or it was a slow burn. But nope this goofy think despite having him get even more people killed and him refusing to lay low and finish school to get the money he needs to actually take care of his family, that this makes him look good?

Ok it’s obvious that power feels like the female audience is what kept the lights on, but a lot of men watched too. In fact I know for me I put my girl into it. And even she said the last few seasons didn’t make sense. They are trying to spread the audience out across multiple shows. I bet they figure they will win the male audience back with force, and continue to make book 2 for the delusional women.

Business always gets in the way of making good art. I might not watch season 3 if Tariq is never going to face any consequences for his actions

That was always my biggest issue with the OG series in that the law enforcement side of things was complete a waste as they were always taking L's. There was no inbetween. A character was either going to die or find a way to dodge and/or somehow get out of jail. I don't even know why even bother having trials on this show at this point as it's only going to end up being thrown out.

According to Kemp, Saxe and Blanca are going to be working together to take out Tariq. If they couldn't even take out Ghost, then why should believe that they can take out his son especially with how super he's been wrote in this show :mjlol:

fukk killing off characters. Send some off to jail to at least give them a W for once.

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
1. They was better off having zeke drive off a cliff , than have Lorenzo shoot him, so u can have mo now try to kill him

2. and here we go again with the feds looking at Tariq again.. it’s only been one day he been free and now he back in the eye of the feds for another murder

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
In the first few minutes of the episode when Davis tells Tariq that he just beat a case, has money waiting for him after he graduates, and is in the clear to have a good life and reunite with his sister after having more money and power. He says naw fukk that, I won’t do nothing my pops wanted me to do. This kind of logic is what stops this show from being bigger.

Then in the closing minutes he realizes he needs money and power to be with his family. It’s like this show is so unnecessary, Tariq doesn’t need to do this shyt and why would I want to root for someone who is basically choosing to be in the bullshyt just to spite his pops who has done nothing wrong to the little knucklehead?

the show is overall entertaining but it’s not for the same reasons I’m sure they intended.

Lastly killing Mecca was weak, and premature and he should have got away and periodically reappeared after a while. He would have gave the show a big bad and considering they found out about him in all of two episodes his death was super anti climatic

Lol, breh I've been wondering for years why this Tariq hates Ghost thing stuck and why they ran with it so hard. It never made any sense whatsoever to me :mjlol:

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Season finale was trash:hhh: I can't even say I'm disappointed. How the hell does Brayden get on the stand and admit to being the campus drug dealer yet just walk into a cushy hedge fund fund job?:dahell: I get white privilege and all but the shyt was weak. This fool Sax just can't help having diarrhea of the mouth. So many things wouldn't have occurred if he just knew how to shut the fukk up. I see Tate doing his best Eric Adams impersonation by having his brother as head of security :obama: I hope he cleared that with the Conflict of Interest Board.:ufdup:Blanca goes from being a disgraced city cop who should have lost her badge to a federal agent?:heh: This nikka Lorenzo couldn't tell the difference between Mecca and his big man NBA prospect son:childplease:

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
1. They was better off having zeke drive off a cliff , than have Lorenzo shoot him, so u can have mo now try to kill him

2. and here we go again with the feds looking at Tariq again.. it’s only been one day he been free and now he back in the eye of the feds for another murder

Yea its seems like each season Tariq is going to court. Its like this one big cycle all over again.

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
According to Kemp, Saxe and Blanca are going to be working together to take out Tariq. If they couldn't even take out Ghost, then why should believe that they can take out his son especially with how super he's been wrote in this show :mjlol:

I honestly don't think any real consequences will happen to Tariq til the last season ala original Power. Remember in Season 1 when Tariq had to write that paper about the book "The Stranger" in which the main character killed his acquaintance’s enemy and felt indifferent about the act and the world in general. By the end of the story, he accepted his fate and his sentence to death. Tariq said he understood why the killer killed and why he accepted his death. I feel the series will circle back wto that book as Tariq killed Ghost but (depending on the writing) feels indifferent about killing him and how the world is (basically getting an understanding of why his dad moved how moved). Remember he keep having illusions and thoughts about everyone around him ended up dead. He is eventually gonna accept he will be killed and most likely kill him off in the series finale. In my opinion I feel it would be Effie to put the bullet in him.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I honestly don't think any real consequences will happen to Tariq til the last season ala original Power. Remember in Season 1 when Tariq had to write that paper about the book "The Stranger" in which the main character killed his acquaintance’s enemy and felt indifferent about the act and the world in general. By the end of the story, he accepted his fate and his sentence to death. Tariq said he understood why the killer killed and why he accepted his death. I feel the series will circle back wto that book as Tariq killed Ghost but (depending on the writing) feels indifferent about killing him and how the world is (basically getting an understanding of why his dad moved how moved). Remember he keep having illusions and thoughts about everyone around him ended up dead. He is eventually gonna accept he will be killed and most likely kill him off in the series finale. In my opinion I feel it would be Effie to put the bullet in him.

That’s going to require a time skip at some point though as the show isn’t going to last that long.