Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 2 Thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Air went out of Dante/Mecca character as soon as method man got the drop

Doubt he dies in the finale ,plus he get his bag back & see that diamond missing might set his simp ass off

Yeah they legit ruined a good ass character just to further protect the lead. I don’t know why the show runner is so infatuated with the Tariq character.

they could have used Mecca as a strong villain/boss for pretty much the duration of the show. But ruined him. Like dude did all that work all around just for a lawyer to blow his cover and tell a college student.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah they legit ruined a good ass character just to further protect the lead. I don’t know why the show runner is so infatuated with the Tariq character.

they could have used Mecca as a strong villain/boss for pretty much the duration of the show. But ruined him. Like dude did all that work all around just for a lawyer to blow his cover and tell a college student.
Facts. Tariq also isn’t believable as a big time dealer, murderer, playing chess in the streets against OG’s. His plot armor is so bad it feels like you watching a refined empire a lot of the times.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Facts. Tariq also isn’t believable as a big time dealer, murderer, playing chess in the streets against OG’s. His plot armor is so bad it feels like you watching a refined empire a lot of the times.

knowing that a writer from empire is about to take over really doesn’t reflect positively to me

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

The problem with this line of thought (in the writing, not in your observation) is that NONE of this shyt is necessary. They wrote themselves into a corner that they weren’t forced to. The one thing Tariq is missing is a true OG that can help him navigate the game. Mecca would be much better suited as an ally than an enemy and somebody who’s been written to be as smart as Tariq should have recognized that from the jump. Caine got you walking on eggshells but you think bossing up to on somebody on your pops level (or higher)
is smart?

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem with this line of thought (in the writing, not in your observation) is that NONE of this shyt is necessary. They wrote themselves into a corner that they weren’t forced to go don. The one thing Tariq is missing is a true OG that can help him navigate the game. Mecca would be much better suited as an ally than an enemy and somebody who’s been written to be as smart as Tariq should have recognized that from the jump. Caine got you walking on eggshells but you think bossing up to on somebody on your pops level (or higher)
is smart?

I agree. Mecca could of taken him under his wing

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I agree. Mecca could of taken him under his wing

The only problem with that idea is that the writers have written the Tariq character so poorly over the years that it's unrealistic to see him getting an OG mentor when we've seen what he's done to previous ones that he had. Any mentor now wouldn't have his best interest at heart and it would also only be a matter of time before he screwed them over. Mecca is too strung on Monet and would have more loyalty to her and the kids more than Tariq.

Theoretically, they could write 2-Bit to be his mentor like figure because of the previous connection to his pops and Tommy if Kemp would get over her beef with her ex :russ:

Even Tommy could have still made phone calls or appearances here and there if the writers didn't insist on making him and Tariq still enemies just to write Tasha out of the show. Tommy would have still had some semblance of loyalty and the parental connection to him.

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
The only problem with that idea is that the writers have written the Tariq character so poorly over the years that it's unrealistic to see him getting an OG mentor when we've seen what he's done to previous ones that he had. Any mentor now wouldn't have his best interest at heart and it would also only be a matter of time before he screwed them over. Mecca is too strung on Monet and would have more loyalty to her and the kids more than Tariq.

Theoretically, they could write 2-Bit to be his mentor like figure because of the previous connection to his pops and Tommy if Kemp would get over her beef with her ex :russ:

Even Tommy could have still made phone calls or appearances here and there if the writers didn't insist on making him and Tariq still enemies just to write Tasha out of the show. Tommy would have still had some semblance of loyalty and the parental connection to him.

Even that has the potential to be a dope multi-season storyline though if they didn’t make Mecca a snitch so quick.

Tariq would soak up game for a season or two and learn the ropes from Mecca. Once Tariq starts feeling himself too much, Mecca bosses up to teach Tariq his place (similar to how he’s shyt on Caine all season but on a much bigger scale). From there Tariq starts digging into Mecca and finds out Mecca is a snitch, which is the major reveal. THEN he screws Mecca over (anything from extortion to setting him up to die) just like everybody else that he’s ever gotten close to. If nothing else, it would let us see Tariq grow into somebody that got too close to Mecca instead of a dumbass kid who has no team, alliances, or shooters and shyts on Mecca the second he meets him.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Even that has the potential to be a dope multi-season storyline though if they didn’t make Mecca a snitch so quick.

Tariq would soak up game for a season or two and learn the ropes from Mecca. Once Tariq starts feeling himself too much, Mecca bosses up to teach Tariq his place (similar to how he’s shyt on Caine all season but on a much bigger scale). From there Tariq starts digging into Mecca and finds out Mecca is a snitch, which is the major reveal. THEN he screws Mecca over (anything from extortion to setting him up to die) just like everybody else that he’s ever gotten close to. If nothing else, it would let us see Tariq grow into somebody that got too close to Mecca instead of a dumbass kid who has no team, alliances, or shooters and shyts on Mecca the second he meets him.

In the case of Mecca, I'm actually wondering if and how much the change in showrunners effected his storyline. Although as we've seen since Lobos was killed, the show doesn't bother in keeping overarching villains past 1 season so it likely wouldn't have mattered anyways. The only one they kept around past 1 season was Jason and even he didn't become the main villain until season 6.

I figured Mecca wasn't long for the show anyways because his introduction was so random and out of place like they cut a scene or two from it for timing.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
In the case of Mecca, I'm actually wondering if and how much the change in showrunners effected his storyline. Although as we've seen since Lobos was killed, the show doesn't bother in keeping overarching villains past 1 season so it likely wouldn't have mattered anyways. The only one they kept around past 1 season was Jason and even he didn't become the main villain until season 6.

I figured Mecca wasn't long for the show anyways because his introduction was so random and out of place like they cut a scene or two from it for timing.

Yeah I’m trying to reserve some judgment to let it play out but they have a track record of going full Young & The Restless and doing some stupid soap opera shyt.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah I’m trying to reserve some judgment to let it play out but they have a track record of going full Young & The Restless and doing some stupid soap opera shyt.

Which is exactly what happened to Empire when he took over and why I have no optimism in the future of this show.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

:gucci:TARIQ WAS DEAD TO TOMMY
THE SECOND HE KILLED GHOST.

HE WASNT GONNA LOOK
OUT FOR THAT fakkit.

HES ONLY ALIVE BECAUSE
GHOST ASKED TOMMY NOT
TO KILL HIM.
:devil:
:evil: