Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 2 Thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Also I too am sick of all the gay teen sex scenes but we barely get any straight sex scenes.

Like how is it not ok to show them chicks Tariq got bit we get to see gay kids of the same age naked every fukking episode? Like who watching this show like, yea I can’t wait for some more man on man action?:stopitslime:

It’s disgusting that it’s so one sided, this past episode didn’t need them to be naked to get to where they needed to be. :hhh:

I remember reading years ago that there nudity clauses in the OG Power contracts, but for whatever reason I’m guessing they didn’t carry over to this iteration.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Also I too am sick of all the gay teen sex scenes but we barely get any straight sex scenes.

Like how is it not ok to show them chicks Tariq got bit we get to see gay kids of the same age naked every fukking episode? Like who watching this show like, yea I can’t wait for some more man on man action?:stopitslime:

It’s disgusting that it’s so one sided, this past episode didn’t need them to be naked to get to where they needed to be. :hhh:

Exactly, even women don't wanna see that shyt. That's Courtney Kemp's non talented ass all the way. She said she deliberately puts LGBT stuff in the show and any writer that doesn't do it is being an a$$hole. bytch is so fukking annoying.

As for her beef with Omari, that's why she always gets emotional every time she says there won't be a Tommy and Ghost prequel (even though that would have made way more sense than Raising Kanan) and talks about the character like he's a real person. Omari is only saying whatever everybody knows already...the first few seasons were dope and the rest were trash.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That actually makes sense, people always say actors are just their for the check, and they don’t care either way. But with how awful that final season was and how uncharacteristic they made ghost. Him not wanting nothing to do with the spin-offs shows that he also isn’t ok with how they had him go out.

I agree with 100% of all of that lol. This whole show is supposed to make Tariq sympathetic it all it is doing is highlighting the fact that he made his life shyttty ALL on his own. How am I supposed to have empathy for a guy that killed his own dad and ruined his family because he didn’t approve of how a grown man moved? What has his character done to deserve empathy? Only a woman could be so delusional as to see this dude as redeemable.
They should have let Tariq stay in jail for the whole season. Then next season do a time jump and have him get out an be forced into the game because he fukked up his free ride to school and his inheritance he had. Atleast that would have gave him some street cred.
Tariq is redeemable just not the way the character is written.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I remember reading years ago that there nudity clauses in the OG Power contracts, but for whatever reason I’m guessing they didn’t carry over to this iteration.

in raising kanan the mom was nude and in mad sex scenes

professor milgrim should have been nude as much as angie or at least tasha
:beli:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
in raising kanan the mom was nude and in mad sex scenes

professor milgrim should have been nude as much as angie or at least tasha
:beli:

The only explanation I can think of is that she was pulling double duty on Power Book II and This Is Us and NBC probably wasn't too fond of her doing nude scenes around that time. In the case of Paige Hurd, I'm guessing her role on The Oval and Tyler Perry complicated matters as well. Not to mention the fact, that she doesn't seem like the type that was cool with doing nude scenes.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Kemp has stated she has a good relationship with Omari. And she also says that they are saving THAT moment for Ghost to return into Tariq’s sub conscience.

If you noticed it always seems like James keeps popping up in Tariq’s mind but he is ignoring it and still relying on Kanan. Sooner or later Ghost is gonna chime in and give him that encouragement..

What you're saying makes sense. I haven't seen Omari say anything to the extent that people are talking about here. Even what he apparently said about the first four seasons, I don't know if he ever said that. I think people definitely want to believe there's this big feud, but maybe the truth is that they're just waiting for the right time to have Ghost appear again. I'm paraphrasing, but it's like that episode of Moesha where Dorian was like, "You don't want the truth. You just want me to tell you what you think you already know."

According to Courtney, one of the writers from Empire is the lead writer for this season. I guess breh is still writing the Lee Daniels way.
:dame:

Brett Mahoney (the former showrunner of Empire) is taking over next season. This season that we're watching now is all Courtney.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What you're saying makes sense. I haven't seen Omari say anything to the extent that people are talking about here. Even what he apparently said about the first four seasons, I don't know if he ever said that. I think people definitely want to believe there's this big feud, but maybe the truth is that they're just waiting for the right time to have Ghost appear again. I'm paraphrasing, but it's like that episode of Moesha where Dorian was like, "You don't want the truth. You just want me to tell you what you think you already know."

Brett Mahoney (the former showrunner of Empire) is taking over next season. This season that we're watching now is all Courtney.

Oh lawd probably a whole lot of LGBT ish going forward

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I find the wire part to be the most unbelievable considering the fact that you were putting a college kids life in danger especially considering the fact that you suspected a murderer and drug dealers were on campus. It’s even worse as it was all predicated on Tariq not remember the conversation that he had with Lauren at all as they didn’t bother trying to hide her out until it was time to testify.

Any other parents would have lost their shyt once they found out what was going on and the situation she was put in.

Shyt happens on college campus often. I know during my college years, we had a few murders on campus...some were drug related...and finding drugs in dorm rooms was a monthly thing. Nothing happened with the students involved other than kicked off campus. One dude that wasn't a student got arrested, got linebacker numbers...one of the murderers in another situation never was caught. Shyt died down after a week or so. No outrage from parents, maybe 1 student left but the rest of the parties were still around...students & non-students

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Shyt happens on college campus often. I know during my college years, we had a few murders on campus...some were drug related...and finding drugs in dorm rooms was a monthly thing. Nothing happened with the students involved other than kicked off campus. One dude that wasn't a student got arrested, got linebacker numbers...one of the murderers in another situation never was caught. Shyt died down after a week or so. No outrage from parents, maybe 1 student left but the rest of the parties were still around...students & non-students

We had a situation like that as well one year when a student on campus got killed in a drug related incident by some brehs that traveled to the school to do a drug deal. It died down after a few days and the dudes got caught in Tennessee. The school chalked it up to an isolated incident and ended up demolishing the dorm that it happened at later that year to save face.

It was just stupid of them to put the wire on Lauren while putting her life in danger especially when they suspected her boyfriend of being the murderer. That's a quick way to get someone killed especially a kid with no common sense and naive like Lauren.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
We had a situation like that as well one year when a student on campus got killed in a drug related incident by some brehs that traveled to the school to do a drug deal. It died down after a few days and the dudes got caught in Tennessee. The school chalked it up to an isolated incident and ended up demolishing the dorm that it happened at later that year to save face.

It was just stupid of them to put the wire on Lauren while putting her life in danger especially when they suspected her boyfriend of being the murderer. That's a quick way to get someone killed especially a kid with no common sense and naive like Lauren.

Oh definitely