Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 2 Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s just me but if they killed Tariq I’d still watch the show :yeshrug:

Superfacts. Courtney thinks people are tuning in because her terrific writing has redeemed Tariq and now we are concerned about his fate. When in reality most people I know could give a fukk about this little nikka. He killed his father because Ghost had a side piece, and Ghost lied to him about his drug dealer past, because Ghost didn't want to introduce him to that life and wanted a much better future than that. Meanwhile, this nikka got 3 chicks, is lying to EVERYONE, drug-dealing when he has a multi-million dollar trust waiting for him once he finishes college, and was trying to have his baby sister live with him when drug-dealing militia men are waiting for him at his dorm putting the blickey to his face. You cant redeem that. If anything, people are waiting for the moment when Tariq realizes why Ghost didnt want him in the game, and shouldn't have shot him, so they can say "yeah you stupid motherfukker!"

Courtney has gone on the record numerous times saying that Ghost was wrong for lying about being a drug dealer and should have taught Tariq the game, and says that she, personally, tells her daughter everything. This is what we're dealing with here. Someone who may have killed one of the greatest black leads ever, making a statement on parenting.

It's like the Zeke age nonsense. Courtney said the story actually happened in her family, but was a generation or two before hers. Chick is in her 40s. Something like that seems much more believable in the 20s-50s, but to introduce that storyline in 2022, with all the technology and records we have now, because it happened in her family back in the day, is just irresponsible.

I'm rambling. In sum, I watch for everyone else, fukk Tariq.

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
It’s just me but if they killed Tariq I’d still watch the show :yeshrug:

I’d still watch regardless but I think a change of scenery (getting away from the college) would do a world of good for the Tariq character. It was a convoluted story from the beginning and now with Zeke trying to dip and both of his professors in his only (:pachaha:) class dying indirectly because of him it’s time to let this school shyt go. He was only going for the bread from the inheritance Ghost left him and it’s not like he’s bout to get a 9-5 with his current resume. I’d much rather see him as an apprentice to somebody like his dad where he starts to soak up the game the right way.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
This Courtney Kemp woman is annoying as hell

Doesn’t this bird brain realize that Tariq is a piece a shyt and cannot be redeemed:what:

Her arrogant ass thinks she can make Tariq a sympathetic character :russ:

fukk outta here with this bullshyt.

She should take her ass over to Tyler Perry studios and write her corny ass shyt for him :pacspit:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The issue with the mecca/dante character is the show wanted it both ways with him and you just can't have it that way.

Either he a ruthless intelligent killer or he a wanna be family man looking for love. Kemp on one hand wants to sell us mecca as a killer willing to dispose any of his men at the shear sign of disrespect or insubordination, but leaving caine alive cause he got some internal love for some woman he ain't seen since she was 16?!?! What kind of goofy shyt is that? Now he a snitch who just allowed some college kid just now getting in the game to reduce him to paying for his silence. Lol imagine bodie being able to extort Avon Barksdale out of 2 million out of fear he could expose his face to major crimes lol

This show is still enjoyable but again this show Is more have and have nots than the wire or snowfall.

I don't understand how Tariq still had all those drugs and money on campus when they agreed with Effie to lay low on Course correct and move off Stanfield campus until that homicide shyt calms down
Also.. In what world in a new nikka trying to shake down the plug for $2M

:mjlol:. Instant body bag​

I hear you, but that's VERY different the the cushy, fed informant setup Mecca has. He gets to deal with likely impunity, and if found out, no solid people will ever work with him, and will likely kill him.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hear you, but that's VERY different the the cushy, fed informant setup Mecca has. He gets to deal with likely impunity, and if found out, no solid people will ever work with him, and will likely kill him.

Like you said he probably operates with immunity no one would care if he kills some damn flunky Tariq. And if Tariq is able to figure out you telling me these other cartels couldn’t.

like really think about the people he has ran across. Some damn Tariq is the one who figured him out?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Like you said he probably operates with immunity no one would care if he kills some damn flunky Tariq. And if Tariq is able to figure out you telling me these other cartels couldn’t.
Monet is the weakness. He's moving out of character and reckless to get her back.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

like really think about the people he has ran across. Some damn Tariq is the one who figured him out?

I believe that he's on the run from someone in particular, which is why he insisted on coming back to get Monet and Zeke. I actually don't think that they'll kill him off, but instead release the information and have him leave again on the run. It's the only logical way to write him out of the show that would be believable and still keeping him as a potential threat down the line.

As for the main character death that's the norm in the season finales, I'm going to go with Zeke albeit unintentionally.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The way they wrote Ghost the last few episodes especially the last episode from his point of view was terrible. I wouldn't blame him for not fukking with Kemp anymore tbh. They completely ruined his character by having him be uber arrogant and have him say shyt he wouldn't even say. They only did that so the audience would see him in a negative light to big up Riq.
Ghost shytting on everyone was goat

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lol Black people’s ‘connections’ rarely get them out of situations like that. They’re probably connected to other Boule Black people who still have to answer to white folks. And Boule Black parents like that probably would’ve pushed her to snitch.
Nothing was gonna happen to her :mjlol:

RA’s regular find weed and pills in kids room in colleges nationwide

If it’s not some trafficking numbers shyt all it is, is a write up, maybe a referral to university police or a meet with Dean, and some online anti-drug workshop and community service at most kicked off campus dorms:mjlol: