Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Fyi: Starz got an offer for $2.99 for 6 months. Soon as I watch this episode, I canceled the free trial. Kept refusing their offers until they gave this deal. So I should be able to watch the whole season

That's the same offer I got after I did the free week trial a few months back. Can't remember exactly what it was, so I'm not sure if it will be enough to make it through the season.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I don't see how Tariq survives any of this. The cards were stacked against Ghost and Angela and they didn't make it. I don't think Tariq is getting murked but he should definitely be in prison by the end of this. Sak is gonna do football numbers at the end of this. Bringing his trifling ass niece into things was the nail in the coffin for his story.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I think Tommy comes back at the end of the season and takes out Saxe.

I think he comes back to NYC to take out Tariq and or Tasha, somehow Tariq convinces him Saxe is the real enemy.

Tommy kills Saxe and flees back to LA. (Power- Force)

Now Tariq has a LA connect and no real problems in NYC.

Tariq and Tasha could then take out the Tejadas in peace and have a nationwide operation.....

I think Ramona and Tate and the Democrats and Mak will be their next obstacles after Saxe is killed. (Power Book 4)

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
That's one of my main problems with this episode. They are literally stacking the odds against him when he isn't resourceful enough alone (at least not yet) as Ghost was to help weave himself out of the situation. The majority of situations that he's been in, his family/friends have been there to cover for him. He don't have that now. Monet is just rather boring and not interesting enough as "main villain of the show." Break Lorenzo out of jail and bring Tommy back into the fold.

Either Saxe and/or Tasha gotta die for this storyline to to even have a realistic ending. Even then, there's nothing stopping Saxe from ratting out Tariq in order to save his own self in not being accused of killing Ghost.

Another thing that doesn't make since is the Zeke situation. They literally haven't given him a backstory to explain how and why he doesn't know his families dealings. Surely he knows that his aunts husband is in jail for murder right? Or we still pretending that the Monet family is completely oblivious to the world around them?

Yeah, bro.... no way Zeke doesn't understand that the family is in the drug trade. His character is poorly written as well. Tasha's gonna die...usually characters get what they deserve in this universe.

You consider Monet the villain? I could see that, but to me, Saxe is the big villain for the foreseeable future.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah, bro.... no way Zeke doesn't understand that the family is in the drug trade. His character is poorly written as well. Tasha's gonna die...usually characters get what they deserve in this universe.

You consider Monet the villain? I could see that, but to me, Saxe is the big villain for the foreseeable future.

I don't consider Saxe necessarily the big villain with how poorly inept the writers have written him from the OG Power series and in this one so far. They keep harping on the fact that Tariq was the only one who saw him that night when we saw firsthand that it wasn't. Blanca saw him there, yet the writers keep acting as if it never even happened. The one person that they didn't even bother showing their actions leading to Truth was the one they made a villain of the spinoff.

It's just poor writing and the storyline falls flat because of it.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah I don't see how Tariq survives any of this. The cards were stacked against Ghost and Angela and they didn't make it. I don't think Tariq is getting murked but he should definitely be in prison by the end of this. Sak is gonna do football numbers at the end of this. Bringing his trifling ass niece into things was the nail in the coffin for his story.

Tasha ends up in jail/dead and Saxe gets fired (They alluded to it with the family dinner). Saxe shouldn't have even made it this far into the story with how inept the writers wrote him in the original series.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think Tommy comes back at the end of the season and takes out Saxe.

I think he comes back to NYC to take out Tariq and or Tasha, somehow Tariq convinces him Saxe is the real enemy.

Tommy kills Saxe and flees back to LA. (Power- Force)

Now Tariq has a LA connect and no real problems in NYC.

Tariq and Tasha could then take out the Tejadas in peace and have a nationwide operation.....

I think Ramona and Tate and the Democrats and Mak will be their next obstacles after Saxe is killed. (Power Book 4)

Tasha and Tariq alone aren't resourceful enough to take over. Every situation that they've gotten themselves out of, they've literally had to have help in doing so.

Tommy has every incentive to kill both Tasha and Tariq especially after she ratted him out in court. Him working with them after that would be poor writing which seems to be the norm for this series.