Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This might be an unpopular opinion here, but the show feels empty without Ghost and Tommy
They’re taking their time establishing all the characters.

But nobody cares about the teachers and they have Mary J’s family kill someone each episode to remind us that this is a show about gangsters.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Could be at the end of the season and lead directly into Tommys show, or it could be how Tommy show ends because they make it seem like he is heading to the west coast with not a care in the world.

hopefully the free my boy 2 bit :mjlol:
EQrZPu8W4AEpBlJ.jpg
#Free2bit

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I felt like that kind of skipped over a part when the girl came to Tariq’s dorm to ask him how he knew that guy was a snitch. The scene seemed short and they didn’t flirt or anything?

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
If Power 2 has something that Power 1 didn't have, is better actors. You saw the difference when that muffled mouth police came to talk with the judge, overly dramatic sell.

Everyone is on point. Meth killing it, MJB and her family, even Riq.

It doesn’t make sense for the Tejadas to not know Ghost. Both from Queens. Both moving major work. Ghost rubbed shoulders with Ruiz, Milan, Vincent and his crew, Benny and his crew, Lobos, Jimenez twins, Rolla and his crew, Anibal and his crew, Kanan. Tate figured out who what he was. Regular people shouldn’t know who Ghost is but major dealers definitely should.

That's why the old thread was nuts, because we treated it as comedy.
A drug dealer about to become Gov.? Every Scumbag Boss and his crew will know everything about him.

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
HIS NAME WAS GHOST
BECAUSE HIS IDENTITY WAS UNKNOWN.

:unimpressed:AND THERE WAS NEVER ANYTHING
REALISTIC ABOUT POWER.
:devil:
:evil:

I was going back and forth with this, agreeing more with @dora_da_destroyer but I’m with @Cory Matthews now. Ghost identity was unknown to LE, but not to the ones in the game. He just knew how to legit separate his AKA from James St. Patrick. Kanan is another one who name should have rang more seeing he practically taught Ghost and Tommy, yet he was somewhat of a mystery in Power. The game is the game, and it doesn’t matter where you’re from. Queens heads could tell you who is official in Brooklyn, Manhattan to Bronx, Harlem to Jerz. LI and Staten is more of a mystery. Mary’s family seem very bigtime and yet she knew nothing about Ghost. That’s BS but like @CHICAGO said, this is Power. We should be used to this.

Bobby Brown scene with Tariq was a test from his mom, and not only did he passed it, he called out his family with no fear which shocked him. That entire dialogue was Ghost like, which made her question him more. I was one of the few who said they’ll never watch this but when I’m wrong, I’m wrong. This show is fire so far. It looks like Tariq is slowly starting to understand his pops, which is making him more likable.