Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Tejadas have no reason to have known who Ghost was. They’ve never crossed paths and as far as we know, we have no clue if the dad that’s locked up has ever crossed paths with Ghost and Tommy or heard of them. We don’t even know how big time they are. Most the ppl that know that Ghost is James have a direct affiliation or conflict with him.

method Man is killin his role as a lawyer. And like I said before, shouts to whoever casted the women this season

once Cane catches a few more bodies and has a few more scenes of being reckless ppl are gonna like him like they liked Tommy

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
i see the path being made and I really don't want these characters to become parallels of the previous characters.

I was thinking the same thing.... seeing the parallels too

Tariq done already got him a Tasha and Angela on deck, got him Tommy with the white dude that kinda wanna be in the game but is his best friend and now close to getting a Kanan with MJB son that seems like an older thug type dude that puts in work.:russ:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Now the teacher is a sex addict? And why does ALL of her dialogue to Tariq sound like sexual innuendo?
The sex scene was stupid and unneeded and lacked ANY type of spark or passion.

Mary J Blige and her family have no depth. Is Mary’a character supposed to be some bad ass to be feared or just the wife of a kingping holding down the fort?

The white prep school kids seem really unnecessary. Their not funny and don’t even seem like anyone Tariq would want ANYWHERE near his business
agree with the first two points, the sex scene had zero build up and had to be one of the most forced moments outside of riq's hate for his dad, and the sex addict piece is clearly setting this up to get real silly real quick.

super agree about MJB's family - not sure if she's someone to reckon with or just wifey of a hitta, she's also very one-note, always looking annoyed/upset and on edge - even at dinner chilling with her family they couldn't give her a moment to smile? and they're painting cane as a brainless attack dog

i disagree about the prep school kids, you could see riq peeping how they got the cops off them based on their family name. they are part of a legit institution (family) of power with deep pockets, the type of ally you need if you're going be traversing the professional/ivy league world and the underworld. he's going to find a use for them

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I like the show :ehh:, even Tariq dude is a pretty good actor

I don’t see how Caine and them don’t know the st Patrick name

wasn’t that ish on the news and all
I said last year that Michael Rainey was crippled by the writing. He ain’t Denzel but the few times he’s had some substance to work with he’s been pretty good. Even now, he’s playing a few different personalities depending on who he’s talking to. I’m rooting for the kid to win.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
super agree about MJB's family - not sure if she's someone to reckon with or just wifey of a hitta, she's also very one-note, always looking annoyed/upset and on edge

This is a key point that no one has hit on yet. It’s completely realistic that MJB could possibly be more of a Tasha than a Ghost and just has a bunch of wild thorough folks around her. She made brief mention of needing someone to look out for her which is what her man’s name gets her. Based on this thread, I think we as viewers have a preconceived notion of what and who she is based on her having the :birdman: every time she is on the screen. I’m interested to see how they flesh out her character.

Last edited: