Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Again, please point to where she doesn’t know the St Patrick name. Nothing shows she doesn’t know that name as a public name, that scene wasn’t the connection of Riq to the St Patrick name either, it plays more into why he might be latching onto the family - knowing they can help his mom inside. Not sure what you’re watching but Monet clearly is suspicious of people, and Riq is the supreme suspicious dude - what people know of him on paper, he should be a square, but he’s shown he knows the game so she wants to know more about him...it’s that simple.

Because everybody on the show that knows Tariq knows of him as the son of the LT. Governor candidate who was murdered with his wife on trial for his murder. Monet seems to know nothing of it or hasn't mentioned it at all. Now maybe that's an oversight on the shows part or maybe she just doesn't know of the name.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Because everybody on the show that knows Tariq knows of him as the son of the LT. Governor candidate who was murdered with his wife on trial for his murder. Monet seems to know nothing of it or hasn't mentioned it at all. Now maybe that's an oversight on the shows part or maybe she just doesn't know of the name.
Bruh, I don’t know how many times I’ve said nothing in the show established she doesn’t know the St Patrick name. All she would know is he’s the son, that doesn’t tell her anything else about him, especially not why he’d be dropping knowledge about how to tell who a rat is. You’re over complicating things because they didn’t have clear moment where she says “ah, yes janes st Patrick’s son” :dahell:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Bruh, I don’t know how many times I’ve said nothing in the show established she doesn’t know the St Patrick name. All she would know is he’s the son, that doesn’t tell her anything else about him, especially not why he’d be dropping knowledge about how to tell who a rat is. You’re over complicating things because they didn’t have clear moment where she says “ah, yes janes st Patrick’s son” :dahell:

And nothing in the show establishes that she does know of the St. Patrick name. The show portrays that she knows of Tariq sorely as Zeke's roommate from Stanfield. Her suspicions are mainly about why a kid from Stanfield would know so much about the game and how it works.

The Plan B bill made her even more suspicious in wondering how does he know so much. The promo for next weeks episode alludes to Monet or no one in her family knowing of anything about him. She tells Diana everyone close to him ends up dead or in jail. So that means that either Monet and/or Diana know nothing of the St. Patricks.

Them alluding to knowing/not knowing of the St. Patrick name and existence does matter in the grand scheme of things as you're referring to the main characters of the whole show.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Riq handled that like a true...

KingPin.

KS4N8ky.png

Bout to get Dexter homie moked out. Smh

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
And nothing in the show establishes that she does know of the St. Patrick name. The show portrays that she knows of Tariq sorely as Zeke's roommate from Stanfield. Her suspicions are mainly about why a kid from Stanfield would know so much about the game and how it works.

The Plan B bill made her even more suspicious in wondering how does he know so much. The promo for next weeks episode alludes to Monet or no one in her family knowing of anything about him. She tells Diana everyone close to him ends up dead or in jail. So that means that either Monet and/or Diana know nothing of the St. Patricks.
1) it’s established everyone knows James St P...you don’t need a moment when monet establishes that too

2) no one knows shyt about how the st Patrick’s get down other than the law and the people they did crime with. No shyt another crime family is going to start looking at the pieces from the outside and become interested in why those things are happening to a family that’s supposed to simply be led by a legit businessman turned politician....again, I’m not seeing how you’re ignoring that the show established James as a legit person to anyone not involved with him as ghost, Monet sees cracks in that story with riq and is investigating

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
1) it’s established everyone knows James St P...you don’t need a moment when monet establishes that too

2) no one knows shyt about how the st Patrick’s get down other than the law and the people they did crime with. No shyt another crime family is going to start looking at the pieces from the outside and become interested in why those things are happening to a family that’s supposed to simply be led by a legit businessman turned politician....again, I’m not seeing how you’re ignoring that the show established James as a legit person to anyone not involved with him as ghost, Monet sees cracks in that story and is investigating

I'm not referring to anything related to his drug crimes or other life. I'm specifically referring to James death and Tasha being in jail while awaiting trial for his murder. You can even include Raina's death in that equation as well.

She never once got suspicious of Tariq whatsoever until he mentioned that Frank was a snitch. Other than that, she had no reason to suspect him of anything as he is Zeke's roommate. In the next episode, she's going to mention to Diana that everyone close to Tariq ends up dead or in jail. So either Monet didn't know that until her police dude informs her of that information or the show failed to mention that she knows of the name.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm not referring to anything related to his drug crimes or other life. I'm specifically referring to James death and Tasha being in jail while awaiting trial for his murder. You can even include Raina's death in that equation as well.

She never once got suspicious of Tariq whatsoever until he mentioned that Frank was a snitch. Other than that, she had no reason to suspect him of anything as he is Zeke's roommate.
I’m not even sure what point you’re trying to make here, so you enjoy the show bruh.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’m not even sure what point you’re trying to make here, so you enjoy the show bruh.

I don't even think you know what point you're trying to make as well breh. I have made my points perfectly clear in what I'm trying to say.

Monet doesn't seem to know anything about Tariq St. Patrick outside of him being Zeke's roommate or the show hasn't acknowledged it. Even as the whole main storyline of the show so far is of everyone around Tariq knowing and acknowledging that his father (James St. Patrick) was murdered and his mother is on trial and feeling sympathy for him. It has nothing to do with his other life/persona.

Other people in this thread have brought up the same point, so I am not the only one.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Ya know no cappin

2 episodes in and I like the show :yeshrug: I like the new editions to the show, the story line has me hooked. The teacher has a sex addiction

When she goes on her binges :banderas:

Cant front they got me back as a fan. Thought this would be some adaptation of the biker boyz teen titans power or some shyt this has been much more indepth i love the philosophical discussions centered around literature weighing morality speaking to tariq's character. Hell im not even irritated by tariq and I just knew I would be tired of him. He doing a great job.

So far so good power book 2

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Tariq’s convo with Cane had Ghost vibes all over it

I do hate how it took Tariq a few days after his fathers murder to figure out what Ghost had been trying to tell him all along. Maybe he just needed to hear it from people other than him. He had built up tension and hate towards his father and now it is magically gone after only a few days.