Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What kind of pull does that AUSA guy have to tell a judge to gtfo of her own chambers

He wasn't an AUSA. He's the representative of the DNC. Federal judges can be reassigned their district. The SDNY is one of the most prestigious seats in the country. Getting sent Upstate to Utica is a big demotion. It's a stretch considering only the DoJ can do that, but it's Power. Leave logic at the door.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Let's review this ridiculous unbelievable bullshyt that happened....

• So Tommy just got his teeth pulled out in less than 24 hours and managed to jump out his car, run and evade police that were coming from all directions just before running into a gas station pump? :pachaha:

If Tommy yanked his teeth out without anesthesia he'd have to go the fukking hospital and have to spend at least a week or 2 on bed rest recovering and he wouldn't even be able to talk.

• Monet, who's arguably having the worst day out of anyone on this show ...

(Tariq is short on her money, Rico shoots up her spot, Dru gets shot, she's mad at Cane for not being there, Tommy shoots up her spot, her boy Owl gets killed.... All in less than 24 hours.)

...finds out Cane killed Ramirez and she STILL DOESN'T KILL CANE after promising he would if he goes against the family (again). Not only did he go against the family by killing Ramirez, he almost killed Tariq too..... But yet she still doesn't kill him or shoot him at least? :skip:
So why even point a fukking gun at this nikka at all???? :pachaha:

• Going with the last bullet point. Monet, who's spot got shot up, who's mans got shot, who almost died herself, finds out it was Tommy and she doesn't kill him???? I don't care what she promised Tariq, he's still a kid. Tommy should've and would've caught one to the head over that. That goes against her character.

But let's talk about fukking Tariq.... :mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

So lemme get this straight...

• Tariq spent the entire season trying to save and protect his mom, only to help Tommy (who's actively trying to kill his mother) be free of the feds??? Only for tommy to still want to kill tasha (which Tariq saw coming already). Then with two guns pointed at him (by Monet who also should've shot him) Tommy says he won't stop till he finds and kills her and you still let him go ? :dahell::dahell:

But yet you wanna protect your mom :dwillhuh:

Tariq is supposed to be smart but he's still protecting his fake cac uncle Tommy who wants his mom dead (and who literally was about to choke him to death til Monet popped up) and now Tommy can kill her without the feds looking for him since they think he's dead (thanks to Tariq's plan).

Help someone who's actively trying to kill your mother brehs...:heh:

There were other dumb things , but these were the major dumb points. I could get into Cane and Jabari too, but all in all this shyt was dumb AF

Yea yea yea....see you when season 2 of this drops

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Tariq switched his old family for his new family.

& he’s fully accepted that he is going to become Ghost. I wonder what’s going to happen with the money his dad left for him. Or is he gona pop Stern?

Side bar: Glad Tommy came back for a bit. Real refreshing.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
- First of all, I'm glad that obsessive bytch ass Jabari got murked. He only had himself to blame. Never been happier to see a character removed form my screen in a long time. Good riddance to his weird ass.

- MJB in the beginning dressed up like it's 1990 looking so awful :mjlol:

- Tasha didn't get the comeuppance she should and deserved to get popped for all the foul shyt she did in previous seasons, but I ain't gonna lie part me of gonna miss her character. She was looking GOOD in that dress and that black outfit she wore when she went to visit Monet. :ohlawd: Just like old times. The whole thing would have played out differently if she just supported Ghost in the beginning, but noooo she wanted to be the ultimate trap queen but can't handle the inevitable shyt that comes with it.

- So Tommy pulls out a few teeth and they're convinced he got burnt to a crisp without a body? :dahell:

- Ezekiel's retarded ass facial expressions :mjlol:

- Cane finally back in with the family. Not like they have a choice now anyway lol.

- Of course it's already been mentioned how it makes no sense for Tariq to let Tommy go but whatever, the spinoff is needed and this is Power after all. :francis: Plus he brings more fukkery than any other character.

- It was cool that he still looks out for Keisha's son

- Would have loved to have seen Ballsaxe get thrown in jail or leave. I don't know how he can work with Davis after being the most unethical motherfukker of them all. LOL @ him getting a sex scene with that chick from the first episode.

Overall, it was cool. It didn't have the same level of violence and sex like the OG power. I miss the rampant gunplay but they were obviously on a lower budget this time around. I wish it would have had nudity and less empire shyt though. Never understood a 'no nudity' clause not wanting to show your titties but you willing to get near naked and do a sex scene anyway, just as long as long as your nipples get covered up, tf lol. :mjlol:

I think Courtney said the Tommy's spinoff will be more like the old school Power. Apparently it's set in Chicago but seeing Tommy on the west coast would have been more interesting.

I look forward to the Kanaan prequel but I would have liked to have seen Tommy's spinoff right after this if covid didn't fukk everything up. I'm not really all that excited about Councilman Tate's spinoff but we'll see how that goes in the future.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Overall good not great episode

Kemp is good at setting up good storylines but she drops the ball at ending the storylines well.

Kemp also leaves much to be desired in creating true villans and exemplifying their power. I dont know how many characters Kemp is going to sell us as drug kingpins who roll solo and make decisions you would never do as a criminal.

Tasha and monet 1st encounter should have been more epic. And tommy shooting up the bar dropping monet security but not coming in to finish the job was just another example of the show selling someone as dangerous but not nailing the point home. If a guy is trying to kill me but leaves me breathing after killing someone else kinda defeats the purpose of selling the guy as a stone cold killer.

Finally I know budgets are low plus covid but cmon son, a scene where tasha is hauled off by the fbi and no more than 5 minutes later tommy and the head of a crime family monet is in the exact same spot in a stand off is Tyler perry level of bad directing . you might as well show us the x on the ground that ensure the actors meet their mark smh.

I'm interested going forward though. I just hope things get back to what power was the 1st few seasons and don't just turn into a ridiculous love story that the other power ended up becoming

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So glad Proffessor Tank got smoked, dude was nosey as hell & a needy simp

Zeke sounds and moves like a dumb buffoon as usual. He plays that role well

MJB looking like she goes to bed & wakes up every morning angry

I want Saxe neice to get clipped next she’s annoying

I wanna see Tommy do a spin off

Tommy is Book 4

that was a fun episode

Jabari HAD to die, people that put up that high of bytchass numbers burn out quick. Had such a promising career too. Linsanity over. nikka got lost in the sauce and decided to confront the nikka he knew EVERYTHING about? In a fukking park at night where nobody would see him!? bytchwings got too close to the sun. feels like the WHOLE cast got freed up by this nikka bein gone, some real greg knox 2.0 shyt

We see Tommy smokin nikkas before we even see his face, thats our fukkery goat :mjcry:. Errybody knew what it was as soon as we seen the whip. My man came back, faked his death, removed his own teeth, and was still plottin on Tasha. This might be a 50 point game brehs. "I want all the smoke :demonic:" why you would ever choose to listen to Tariq for longer than 5 seconds is beyond me

Brayden gonna get his hustle on, you love to see it. Thought for sure pink hair bytch would be dead by the end of the season, but good on her.

I dont agree with Sax ending his run with the cops with anything other than a bullet in his head after thats how everybody else (cept the GOAT Mak) went out, but it is what it is

2nd season should be fun, 2bit gotta finally die if he still in the picture

:whoa:

All I know is Dru ain't from Harlem. :dame:

Nowhere near Harlem :dead:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Cane acts like he was one of the special ed kids at school. Riq gonna have to break things down for him to understand like one of the slow kids. Gonna have to take him under his wing and give him a cookie when he does something good.