Official Overwatch Thread

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
What does Lucio's right click do exactly? Stun?

Small damage plus knockback. Good on those KoTH type maps where both teams assault, since they usually have cliffs/edges to knock people off of. Paired with Lucio's mobility...no reason not to use him/that on those maps.

tips for Zarya :feedme:

also why does everyone love Winston i swear hes trash

Zarya basically is the GOAT damage dealing warrior in the game. Her barriers take the damage absorbed and buff her weapon. So you want to constantly throw the barrier up when you're being attacked, and you also can put barriers up on your teammates that contributes to you getting buffed in the same manner your self-barrier does. She can stay alive pretty decently if you've got healers, and the barriers are ideal for pushing. The barriers can also pretty much eat most damage dealing ults with proper timing. When she's at 100% high energy power, she's pretty damn scary. Pair that with the fact her ult sucks everybody in and you've got a pretty ill warrior that can set up/combo into ults for most heroes.

Winston is good as a dive(jump into the action, cause trouble, and dip out just as quickly), so he can open shyt up for a team to push(thus he's better suited for Assault side, but can be used defensively to). His Ult grants him the ability to knock every person he hits backwards, allowing you to hit people off edges on maps, or single out/isolate a weaker player or two and kill them easily(preferably a healer).

He can be difficult to learn at first though since he's so big, he's hard to miss, so you have to constantly be aware of your health and your cooldowns. Definitely do not try to go solo dolo with Winston. You need to make sure your teammates are able to capitalize off the Winston dive or else he's completely useless.

can you explain this im new to these type of games :mjcry:

isnt reinhardt the best tank he has a shield :mjcry:

Reinhardt is, IMO, the most important character in the game, so he qualifies as the best tank too, mostly because of the shield, but his pin also allows him to dive, which would be the start of a push for your team. Reinhardts control the pace of games with their charge frequency and aggressive pushing with their shield, especially on Assault side. His shield is also great because it allows Bastion/Tjorborn turrets or Hanzo/Widowmakers to fire freely at people without taking damage if they're behind it. Him and Mercy are pretty much needed on every team(and Lucio coming in hot at the #3 spot) to stand the best chance of winning. Winston is good, but he's still pretty situational. If you're defense, you don't really need a character to dive into the frontlines as much as someone that can keep them at bay and prevent pushing.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mercy is the most annoying bytch to deal with in this game. Maybe it's cause I play Tracer a lot, but whenever I see her I try and kill her, but she is never alone. So it's hard for me to take her out solo. But when I kill her and take that life support away from whoever's she's healing...
:banderas:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
The thing about this game is the there really is no best tnk, best dps, best healer etc. Zarya and Reinhardt are the best at being straight forward and getting shyt done. Dva and Winston are good at disrupting teams and roadhog can be a one man army with the flank or pulling priority targets. It's more about preferences and trying to counter the other team

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I rage quit the other day and took some time off, but went back at it tonight. I'm mainly focusing on experimenting with different characters now. Started using Zarya and had pretty good numbers. She might just be my go-to tank from here on out :ehh: