Official Overwatch Thread

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Get yourself a laptop and take the best of both worlds. Pro tip.

i tried that with starcraft and diablo on my laptop and i couldn't stick with it. i don't like having large laptops so i keep the screen size below 13" plus i need a keyboard and mouse if i'm playing on PC. i'll just suck it up and game on PC. i feel like an a$$hole complaining about these first world problems

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
i tried that with starcraft and diablo on my laptop and i couldn't stick with it. i don't like having large laptops so i keep the screen size below 13" plus i need a keyboard and mouse if i'm playing on PC. i'll just suck it up and game on PC. i feel like an a$$hole complaining about these first world problems

For sure. If you're trying to do some serious gaming on a laptop I wouldn't advise anything less than 15". I have a 17" and a wireless mouse and it works like a charm for me. Granted I don't really take my laptop out of the house very often, but that was never the intention.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Pharah cuz. That mixed girl complexion :blessed:

Ya'll hear Blizzard was catching heat for Tracer? Apparently people bytched and moaned because her figure and stance were "too sexualized." :dahell:
Mercy is a PAWG tho

also I think its hilarious that feminist complained about that. Men sexualize everything anyway. we're over here talking about widowmakers phat ass and pharah and mercy :russ:

Tracer is the rachel maddow of the game, probably the least sexual of them all

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
My thing these days is content can it carry us for awhile dudes get bored quick

are you really questioning the people who gave the public the video game versions of crack with World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, and Starcraft :francis: these mafukkas turned a simple card game in Hearthstone into one of the most profitable video games in history because people buy packs every 3 months :dead:

If Blizzard does anything well its releasing games that get people hooked for a long time :wtf:

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
are you really questioning the people who gave the public the video game versions of crack with World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, and Starcraft :francis: these mafukkas turned a simple card game in Hearthstone into one of the most profitable video games in history because people buy packs every 3 months :dead:

If Blizzard does anything well its releasing games that get people hooked for a long time :wtf:

It's a little trickier to maintain a player base with an FPS, though.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Found it in options. You can change sensitivity, controls, and button layouts for each character. :wow: For a company's first big shot at FPS, that's fukking unbelievable. Even Destiny and Halo didn't have this much freedom.
Why the fukk would you play this game on console :scusthov:
What the fukk is with you arcadium brehs and this petty ass fukking mentality where you gotta worry about how exactly another man is enjoyin himself?:dame: take that shyt to neogaf
It's a little trickier to maintain a player base with an FPS, though.
Seriously?

The FPS scene is dead as fukk right now. EA shyt in the mouth's of their own fans with Battlefront, Halo doing more to get rid of fans than bring them back, Destiny has been out the entire gen, CoD is sitting firmly in its own release fatigue, and.... yeah, there's nothing else worth mentioning. Blizzard brings their own fans on top of probably one of the most fun shooters in a long time. The Beta population is greater than Battleborn's release pop.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Found it in options. You can change sensitivity, controls, and button layouts for each character. :wow: For a company's first big shot at FPS, that's fukking unbelievable. Even Destiny and Halo didn't have this much freedom.

What the fukk is with you arcadium brehs and this petty ass fukking mentality where you gotta worry about how exactly another man is enjoyin himself?:dame: take that shyt to neogaf

Seriously?

The FPS scene is dead as fukk right now. EA shyt in the mouth's of their own fans with Battlefront, Halo doing more to get rid of fans than bring them back, Destiny has been out the entire gen, CoD is sitting firmly in its own release fatigue, and.... yeah, there's nothing else worth mentioning. Blizzard brings their own fans on top of probably one of the most fun shooters in a long time. The Beta population is greater than Battleborn's release pop.

you say dead the PC vs console argument but then bring up that FPS genre is dead but bring up FPS games marketed towards console crowd. FPS (or shooters) genre is thriving on PC between Counter Strike, H1Z1, Day-Z, Overwatch, Division.. its not our fault the console counter parts of these games flopped because console crowd have short attention spans..

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
you say dead the PC vs console argument but then bring up that FPS genre is dead but bring up FPS games marketed towards console crowd. FPS (or shooters) genre is thriving on PC between Counter Strike, H1Z1, Day-Z, Overwatch, Division.. its not our fault the console counter parts of these games flopped because console crowd have short attention spans..
Attention spans? Here we fukking go...

you say attention span, anyone with sense says lack of third party support

how the hell can you say a genre is thriving on a particular platform when one of the biggest titles is a game that's over a decade old? PC deals with the same issues as all console, its just a fundamentally different infrastructure that allows certain scenarios to exist (CS being a thing) that are otherwise impossible for the console market which essentially fumigates the house ever 4 four years or so. Division being brought up is a joke since the late game is broken, not by hackers, but by the fact that Ubisoft once again couldn't be bothered to make a game that's supposed to be functional or supported 2 months past release. H1Z1 and Day-Z are things that no one outside of a specific corner of the PC gaming community even knows or cares about. Name dropping those two is like going into a fighting game community and name dropping Melty Blood or something.

Its not a competition. Each market is fundamentally different. Even within consoles.

Its a dumb pointless fukking argument that is somehow supposed to win you cool points from.... somebody or something. So yeah. Whatever. I play on both and I promise it doesn't make me a better person. Its dumb as fukk to say that smarter people play PC. Like... come the fukk on

ANYWAYS

The issue with Overwatch in particular is that the controls (+aim assist) and KB/M environment in general actually change the dynamics of certain characters and their overall strength relative to others. Widowmaker for example - on KB/M, is usually a constant threat that everyone has to check for. Obviously, you can naturally aim better on PC. On consoles, she's not nearly the same because the aim just isn't close to the same on consoles and there isn't enough aim assist (which is a constant on all console games just about) to make up for it or come anywhere close. Pharah needs to have her control scheme changed in order to do what would be a simple task necessary to her playstyle. A bunch of characters have some minor quirks that just kinda fight against the player. Some of them will effect console balancing in a different way than PC balancing.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
how the hell can you say a genre is thriving on a particular platform when one of the biggest titles is a game that's over a decade old?
you say that like its a bad thing that a game has longevity :jbhmm: if anything that just proves my point :jbhmm:

H1Z1 and Day-Z are things that no one outside of a specific corner of the PC gaming community even knows or cares about.
both games have sold millions - not exactly a niche market, most console FPS cant say the same :jbhmm:

Name dropping those two is like going into a fighting game community and name dropping Melty Blood or something.

actually H1Z1 and Day-Z have both sold more than the most popular fighting game on PS4 (SFV) :jbhmm: I dont get the comparison :jbhmm: H1Z1 is around 2 million units sold, SFV is 670k units sold :jbhmm: SFV is on 2 platforms, H1Z1 (a niche game you say) on 1 platform has sold almost 4x as many units :jbhmm: Maybe you could try again with another example :jbhmm: Day-Z is at 4 million sales :jbhmm: will Uncharted 4 even hit 4 million sales :jbhmm:

Its a dumb pointless fukking argument that is somehow supposed to win you cool points from
Believe me, theirs no cool points to be had on the Coli/Arcadium for being a PC gamer :pachaha:

Its dumb as fukk to say that smarter people play PC.

its a smarter decision based on things you, yourself said. 3rd party support, customization, longevity of games.. Overwatch is $40 on PC and $60 on console. Overwatch realistically will do better on PC sales wise and also community wise. FPS play better on keyboard/ mouse as well, and the game will run better because of superior hardware. These are facts. Knowing facts, if you willingly spent $20 EXTRA on a WORSE version of ANYTHING, then in no way could it be considered a smart purchase.

It'd be like being replica jordans for $200 instead of just buying the authentic versions for $180.. You are getting a worse product at a higher price. No way you could ever convince ANYONE with rational thought, that it was a better investment.

I got no issue with you :manny: im just giving the real on the situation at hand :manny:

edit: im literally :laff: at you thinking h1z1 and day-z are some small time games. H1z1 is at 2 million sales, Day-Z at 4 million sales.

What console FPS exclusive has hit 2-4 million sales this gen :jbhmm: I cant think of one :jbhmm:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Love this game, the only thing I don't like about it is a lack of black characters. I like playing as Lucio though more than any other healer atleast tho. :ehh:

Another thing that I hate about it is that my team never seems to realize what our team needs are. Got a team full of reapers or soldier 76, so if I don't pick Reinhardt, Torbjorn or Bastion (based on attack/defense) that's an automatic L. :beli:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
you say that like its a bad thing that a game has longevity :jbhmm: if anything that just proves my point :jbhmm:

both games have sold millions - not exactly a niche market, most console FPS cant say the same :jbhmm:

actually H1Z1 and Day-Z have both sold more than the most popular fighting game on PS4 (SFV) :jbhmm: I dont get the comparison :jbhmm: H1Z1 is around 2 million units sold, SFV is 670k units sold :jbhmm: SFV is on 2 platforms, H1Z1 (a niche game you say) on 1 platform has sold almost 4x as many units :jbhmm: Maybe you could try again with another example :jbhmm: Day-Z is at 4 million sales :jbhmm: will Uncharted 4 even hit 4 million sales :jbhmm:

Believe me, theirs no cool points to be had on the Coli/Arcadium for being a PC gamer :pachaha:

its a smarter decision based on things you, yourself said. 3rd party support, customization, longevity of games.. Overwatch is $40 on PC and $60 on console. Overwatch realistically will do better on PC sales wise and also community wise. FPS play better on keyboard/ mouse as well, and the game will run better because of superior hardware. These are facts. Knowing facts, if you willingly spent $20 EXTRA on a WORSE version of ANYTHING, then in no way could it be considered a smart purchase.

It'd be like being replica jordans for $200 instead of just buying the authentic versions for $180.. You are getting a worse product at a higher price. No way you could ever convince ANYONE with rational thought, that it was a better investment.

I got no issue with you :manny: im just giving the real on the situation at hand :manny:

edit: im literally :laff: at you thinking h1z1 and day-z are some small time games. H1z1 is at 2 million sales, Day-Z at 4 million sales.

What console FPS exclusive has hit 2-4 million sales this gen :jbhmm: I cant think of one :jbhmm:
what about my post made you think that i give a single fukk about this pc / console argument :skip: