Official Overwatch Thread

Reverie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
RVA
You are measured against the average of the hero for your rank.

If the average dps for 76 in plat is 15 k and your only putting out 10.
Your underperform and will drop you as it thinks your not contributing what you should.

The system however is skewed in that way.

Going 3-2 on a koth provides more SR than going 3-0.

Going 6-5 on a payload gives more than a x-0.

Because you do more during those longer battles.

More heals more dps more of everything,.

There should be alotmemts for quick matches but there isn't.
Ive stomped a team and only gotten 15sr

Fought 6-5 in overtime and got 60

In this healers suffer the most. Because a good team means little heals which the tracker reads as nothing done.

It's a horrible system but it's what we got.

I can't DPS consistently either, probably why I'll be in Silver/Gold for a while :francis:

I only play D. Va if that helps, or any tank role I can fit.

Also, Lucio

Reverie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
RVA
Not playing until bastion is nerfed, so fukking stupid

I feel like the only one who hasn't had an issue with a Bastion yet.

I play D. Va, and I just tell my team to focus on him when I have Matrix up in front of him.

Ana is probably a key part to killing him too since her lamp prevents healing.

The thing about Bastion now is that no one can solo ult or kill him anymore because of his buffs, so it may take at least 2 heroes in synergy to actually deal with him.

I've had Ana/D. Va/a DPS work perfectly.

Zenyatta's Discord and focused fire on him works somewhat as well.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
this is overwatch forum copy/paste that has already been proven false .

the only thing that takes into your ranking after placements is your season ending rank of the previous season.

the placement matches meant nothing.

BUT there is a win bonus currently so get your wins in this week and higher chance to rank up this week compared to following months

O it's false? Yea i got it from a forum. I didn't know it was copied from reddit lmao.

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I hate that last seasons ranking is taken into placement. I'm severely ranked below my ability and I have to wipe a 1v5 in order to advance a payload EVERY GAME.

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah, you gotta make sure you grouped up with your squad so you are engaging 6v6

that's how it works
I feel you but getting a group of 6 every night just isn't feasible. Maybe the game isnt for me.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you but getting a group of 6 every night just isn't feasible. Maybe the game isnt for me.

I'm not saying that, I'm talking about just making sure you aren't solo fighting people and being around your teammates more, doing everything you can to not stagger and make sure you're attacking with decent numbers, and trying to take advantage of those early picks when all of a sudden it's 4v3 or 6v5 and pushing right then.

I swear I started watching the kill feed constantly and my game evolved so much. Stick like glue to your teammates like you're a support even if you aren't.

I play RH and Zarya so this is crucial lol

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bastion needs a nerf. nikka is straight tanking ults through his self heals, that ain't right. and this new decay system is stupid.

The decay system is fine by me. If people can't play over 7 games a week why do they even care lol

Bastion getting that nerf with the quickness, it's already happened on pc

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
The decay system is fine by me. If people can't play over 7 games a week why do they even care lol

Bastion getting that nerf with the quickness, it's already happened on pc

yeah i was playing the PTR and killed people still trying to use him with the utmost hatred tbh. it's more of how they went so long with this on the PTR and people said it was too much with bastion but they still let it slide on live

to me the decay system is stupid because the only place it really matters i feel is if you are top 500, i understand rank decay for those since there can only be a special top 500 class. but hitting players like me in diamond where we aren't really affecting anyone else cause of our rank is kinda fukked up.

there are times where i legit take breaks from the game because of work and tbh this game is exhausting mentally. i understand that blizz feels diamond players and up deserve the decay since it's such a small playerbase compared to the lower ranks but it really just feels like it's not solving any problems

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Nah, you gotta make sure you grouped up with your squad so you are engaging 6v6

that's how it works

that doesnt mean it works right.. it takes your past into account (quick play included) too much.

example if you bought a new fresh account, and did your placement matches, you could be a 3-4000 ranked player
but on your current account because of your past rankings totaled with your hidden MMR, you will be ranked below that

does that mean you arent a master level player ? No. But in this STUPID system your ranking a lot of times doesnt take into effect how good you truly are.

On the flip side, new accounts on fresh starts will usually get placed in the gold to plat level (2500 middle ground mmr) and lose games til they are in their right ranking (bronze/silver). In the mean time EVERY Game they join in the 2000-3000 rating, will be essentially 5v6 for the remaining team members and almost guarantees a loss for the teammates and it effects their rating just as much.

Completely dumb system.

(these are examples)

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that doesnt mean it works right.. it takes your past into account (quick play included) too much.

example if you bought a new fresh account, and did your placement matches, you could be a 3-4000 ranked player
but on your current account because of your past rankings totaled with your hidden MMR, you will be ranked below that

does that mean you arent a master level player ? No. But in this STUPID system your ranking a lot of times doesnt take into effect how good you truly are.

On the flip side, new accounts on fresh starts will usually get placed in the gold to plat level (2500 middle ground mmr) and lose games til they are in their right ranking (bronze/silver). In the mean time EVERY Game they join in the 2000-3000 rating, will be essentially 5v6 for the remaining team members and almost guarantees a loss for the teammates and it effects their rating just as much.

Completely dumb system.

(these are examples)

Yeah I climbed from 2100 to 3000 last season and placed back at 2500 this one. Already climbed to like 2770 with the extra MMR getting per win. But last season I was ranking in the 2600-3000 range and masteroverwatch was saying I was playing a top 5% roadhog constantly in SMG, eliminate per min and k/D ratio. This season RH is GIMP tho so it's back to the drawing board

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bastion is ruining the game and this is the first time I've said this about any character in the lifespan of this game