Official Overwatch Thread

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
Did they boost her normal shield??
She doesn't have that anymore, it's now like a reinhard shield that she propels forward, like a floating forward moving reinhardt shield. Her lmb or lasers range is now crazy long, and her ult has one of two uses you can choose from, one.being the original teleporter, the other being this thING that generates constant shield in the area.it's put in

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Very first lootbox
unknown.png

:whew:

3 Loot boxes later
unknown.png

Last edited:

JayJedi

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
She doesn't have that anymore, it's now like a reinhard shield that she propels forward, like a floating forward moving reinhardt shield. Her lmb or lasers range is now crazy long, and her ult has one of two uses you can choose from, one.being the original teleporter, the other being this thING that generates constant shield in the area.it's put in
wooooow she viable now!? I'm leaving work early breh.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Do you guys feel Reaper still has a place in the meta now in season 3?

I'm still using him no matter what, but his life has definitely become more difficult with buffs to D.Va and Soldier. Soldier vs Reaper felt like a battle of positioning more than anything. Now Soldier beats him from pretty much every distance but point blank lol. D.Va's extra health makes her way harder to take down, and because of that, more people use her, putting her shields in play more often than usual to eat his ultimate. Pharah's unlimited fly buff also made a match up that was already bad even worse.

He's still a tank destroyer and I'm confident enough in my ability to flank and play the angles that I'm doing fine with him, but I think Soldier is now unquestionably the best offense character in the game, and since Mei is still a-mei-zing, I don't know if Reaper belongs anymore to anyone but stubborn loyalists like me. Even in my case, I find myself switching to Pharah a lot more often now for counter picking certain match ups.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps

llt23

All Star
Daps
Brehs that new Symmetra is a problem.

I've seen Symmetra on offense payload maps have enough time after one good push to set up all her turrets at the first door by your nearest spawn. shyt is brutal.

Tried playing some Sombra in QP, im getting in the back lines running past her turrets while invisible, try to pick someone off and run into a second set up of turrets :whoa:

Plus that added range on her gun is beast. :damn:

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Top 500 is out, I'm 303 in NA. :kobe3:

I got the santatorb and yeti on the first day. Got pharah too and the sym highlight intro. Just need tracer/reaper skins now and I won't care about the rest.

Not like I'm ever going to get a widowmaker POTG of the game anyways. :mjcry:

Do you guys feel Reaper still has a place in the meta now in season 3?

I'm still using him no matter what, but his life has definitely become more difficult with buffs to D.Va and Soldier. Soldier vs Reaper felt like a battle of positioning more than anything. Now Soldier beats him from pretty much every distance but point blank lol. D.Va's extra health makes her way harder to take down, and because of that, more people use her, putting her shields in play more often than usual to eat his ultimate. Pharah's unlimited fly buff also made a match up that was already bad even worse.

He's still a tank destroyer and I'm confident enough in my ability to flank and play the angles that I'm doing fine with him, but I think Soldier is now unquestionably the best offense character in the game, and since Mei is still a-mei-zing, I don't know if Reaper belongs anymore to anyone but stubborn loyalists like me. Even in my case, I find myself switching to Pharah a lot more often now for counter picking certain match ups.

Nah he was my favorite and go to in s1 and s2, but he just has no fit in the meta right now and solider shreds tanks better than he does. Like you said the introduction of D'Va/solider to the meta has ruined him and they ought to consider buffing him at some point because there's no reason anyone should be beating him up close.