Official Overwatch Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Base movement varies from character to character, obviously. :francis:

If you want to know what the character abilities are, you should use them, they tell you what the abilities are in detail when you use the d-pad.

They don't want people to fall too much in love with their K/D ratio and instead they reward you more for playing the objective, and that's why assists count as eliminations. That's also why the voting system is in place. To promote the team element. At the end of the day though as a FPS, Blizzard should've just included a team deathmatch just so some of the casuals can be filtered out a bit more. I see more people playing the objective in CoD than this
This.

And because of certain support heroes, I almost get pissed when dudes don't push aggressively enough. When you got a Mercy or Symettra on the squad - you better be all about the beef :birdman: no excuses

I mean... I can actually see them incorporating an attrition style team deathmatch, or even Destiny//Control type of game type. It'd suck :pachaha: but pushing payloads is obviously too much for kids.

edit: i love the mvp voting afterwards. you can tell real quick who's petty lol

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Base movement varies from character to character, obviously. :francis:

and the majority is fukking slow. What part you dont get? :stopitslime:

If you want to know what the character abilities are, you should use them, they tell you what the abilities are in detail when you use the d-pad.
And that's time consuming, when all they have to do is show it when you highlight a character. I shouldnt have to play a character to find out what it can do, when they already tell us classes.

They don't want people to fall too much in love with their K/D ratio and instead they reward you more for playing the objective, and that's why assists count as eliminations. That's also why the voting system is in place. To promote the team element. At the end of the day though as a FPS, Blizzard should've just included a team deathmatch just so some of the casuals can be filtered out a bit more. I see more people playing the objective in CoD than this
and all of that is irrelevant. IF I can see MY elims/deaths/heals etc. Why cant I see my teammates? Only seeing my own would make me MORE likely to fall in love without my stats. :grumpydog:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
and the majority is fukking slow. What part you dont get? :stopitslime:

And that's time consuming, when all they have to do is show it when you highlight a character. I shouldnt have to play a character to find out what it can do, when they already tell us classes.

and all of that is irrelevant. IF I can see MY elims/deaths/heals etc. Why cant I see my teammates? Only seeing my own would make me MORE likely to fall in love without my stats. :grumpydog:
breh you highlight a character and push a button :heh:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I mean, there are some quips here and there - a lot of people don't realize that D.Va's boosters do damage when you ram into someone, that Pharah's concussive blast does zero damage, Mercy's pistol does percentage based damage, etc

but the basics are still laid out pretty clear

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Battleborn is bullshyt. I preordered it, but it was a mistake. I played it for an hour and hated it. Simplistic bullshyt shooter :manny:

This should be much better. I don't have time to play the beta (I'm outta town), but Blizzard rarely, if ever, disappoints. I expect to play this heavily (I even bought the collector's edition :wow:). Blizzard is damn near Valve and Naughty Dog status :ufdup:
What's the difference between BB and overwatch

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I haven't had time to play Overwatch, so we'll see :manny:

I have faith in Blizzard though. From what I read, they're similiar games, but Overwatch looks to be better done (at least from the beta impressions)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Battleborn may as well be a FPS MOBA, offers a whole PvE side, and has leveling/itemization through each round of gameplay. It aims to offer more. However, its made by the same group responsible for Borderlands so you can absolutely see the heritage there - good and bad.

Overwatch is Blizzard's spin on Team Fortress 2 imo. Its multiplayer focused entirely.

I mean... I do like Battleborn, its a good game. But Overwatch is better. Like I said, Battleborn offers more game modes though so its not like they really should be directly compared too often.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Not coppin this till the roster is doubled if they not gonna have more/upgradeable weapons

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I played so much today I feel sick now :sadcam:

this game reminds me a bit of shadowrun. a great game that got no push

and i'm with mowgli on hoping weapons can be upgraded. maybe if you get a long kill streak or something. or be able to pick up some weapons like unreal/quake. I find it hard to believe they'll just give you one gun + unlimited ammo in the full game

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
zenyatta is so defenseless tho, he has to be protected like a healer to be effective. if the enemy has a tracer he can get behind you and fukk you before you can do anything
Hes not gonna be a main healer + hes a great defender as well.

In retail version when people actually put viable teams together i expect him to be on every top tier team.

Tracer/genji
Roadhog/reindhart
Mercy/lucio
Zenyatta
Mei/hanzo/dwarf/symmetra/junkrat

Will all be top tier